WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Re: WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???

In Response to Re: WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???:
    Seriousoly though, sugden: Bitzy??
    Posted by BruinsUnite
    Nothing against you folks that like him. I know he's a fan favorite. But I just don't see the appeal. For a guy his size he plays like a wuss. He doesn't hit enough & he's a punching bag when he fights. I'd take Marchand or Vodka over him any day of the week. At least they're pesky and they hit. Personally, I think they both have better hands than Bitz too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Bitz?  i dont know about that....i love the way he battles for the puck & can control it after he gets it,has great puck possesion qualities....of course lots of times not much comes of it,but i think with maturity that will come... i like bitz & think he,s established a spot on the roster..i agree dont make him throw down its painful to watch   im still goin with recchi  i love wave after wave of breakout puck possesion turning into a scoring chance & offensive zone pressure & right now recchi seems to be a step slow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I like that he scores goals and wins battles. I also like that penalties get called against frustrated opponents when he gets chased down. The only thing I dislike about him is that for a huge guy, he can't fight. But maybe he can learn that.

Recall how he came through in last year's playoffs when literally no one else did during that god-awful game...

Guess I wouldn't give up a proven effective player for a maybe-genius, like Wheels was supposed to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Bitz is playing above expectations this year.  None better along the boards. And he's taking it to the net more and more.  Great mesh with Thornton and Begin.   He should certainly be kept in his role.

Marchand has been somewhat disappointing.  He gets knocked off the puck easily and fails to make the critical pass or play over and over.  Also no goals.  AND-- he tucks his sweater in the back, which, since he is on the small side, makes him look like a fire hydrant. 

When Lucic and Savard return, the real question is--  Paille or Sobotka get benched?

(Of course there may be more injuries by then)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Lets trade Sturm for a draft pick or two and make room for Subotka....Recchi should be sat out occasionally....Big disappointment so far in Krejci who looks awful...a lot of money for so little...hopefully he comes around....Whitfield will be the first guy demoted and Boychuck needs playing time somewhere!..Bitz  in my book looks better than Wheeler who has forgotten how to play hockey!..Paille has done well defensively as has the 4th line. Marchand and Whitfield wiil be the two sent down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???:
    Bitz is playing above expectations this year.  None better along the boards. And he's taking it to the net more and more.  Great mesh with Thornton and Begin.   He should certainly be kept in his role. Marchand has been somewhat disappointing.  He gets knocked off the puck easily and fails to make the critical pass or play over and over.  Also no goals.  AND-- he tucks his sweater in the back, which, since he is on the small side, makes him look like a fire hydrant.  When Lucic and Savard return, the real question is--  Paille or Sobotka get benched? (Of course there may be more injuries by then)
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Well said CCM!  Bitz has improved his game and is creating more scoring chances(not a lot though).  Even more impressive is that he's doing it on a line that has a guy with zero offensive skill and stone hands(it helps during fights!): Thornton.

Paille and Sobotka is the question.  I like what both of 'em bring to the team and I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra F kept or a surprise player getting bumped(Recchi, i wish Thornton)...  I have some faith in the staff and they have to be seeing the same probs and skills that we are talking about on here...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Saw this post last week. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

For anyone who doubts Bitz, keep in mind that he created 3-on-2 situations 3 times in his last game-- almost single-handedly. The proof is in the watching of the video.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to WHEN LUCIC AND SAVVY ARE HEALTHY WHO GETS SENT DOWN???:
    Now that Krejci is back I believe Marchand sat out last night.  When Lucic and Savvy get healthy, who are the people to get sent down??? In no particular order- Whitfield, Marchand and there would have to be one more demotion:  Sobotka has played well, Paille is helping the team, not likely to see Recchi bumped but you never know...Bitz is playing well and seems to be finding his puck-possession game, people love him but Thornton IMHO only wins fights and does little else that other guys are just as good at with more skills. So who are the 3 that will be sent packing at the end of the month?  Have Paille and Sobotka earned spots on the squad?  Will a player on the roster at the beginning of the year be sent down or released?
    Posted by stingerjp

Whitfield and Marchand are no-brainers.  The one other player is a toss-up.  Here's who it could be and why:

Sobotka- Has played well, but not outstanding.

Recchi
    - Not much to his game (a nicer way of saying he stinks), except he can score goals on the powerplay, which the Bruins desperately need.

Paille
    - Also doesn't bring much to the table, but at least he is an effective penalty killer (maybe the best on the team).

Sturm/Ryder
    - Neither is playing up to their full potential.  Need a wake-up call.

My prediction: I'm expecting Sobotka to get called down, but I would not be suprised if it is either Sturm or Ryder.  If the Bruins want to get to the playoffs, these guys need to start scoring some goals.

Sections
Shortcuts