When will we see Zach Hamill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SausageandPepper. Show SausageandPepper's posts

When will we see Zach Hamill?

As the 8th pick in 2007 draft; expectations are high. I wonder if he will be ready
    this fall ? I havent seen any Providence games. I wonder what his upside is ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: When will we see Zach Hamill?

I think his upside is still high, but he won't be ready this season, so whether or not the sign him at the end is the real indicator of whats to come of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You will see Hamill in pre-season games.  After that, you can see him every time you buy a ticket to the Providence Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bs fans will see him at rookie camp again and then you'll see him again down at the Dunk feeding Sauve and Colborne before they pass him on the depth chart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: When will we see Zach Hamill?:
    Bs fans will see him at rookie camp again and then you'll see him again down at the Dunk feeding Sauve and Colborne before they pass him on the depth chart.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I don't think he gets invited to rook camp?  Wasn't it atypical that they brought him back in last year??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

never the guy doesn't have it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Never.....

Colborne is already more likely to make the B"s then Hamil.  So just imagine if we end up with Seguin....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Things will be too crowded in the middle for Hamill to break through.  Seems like a decent chuck-in as a pot-sweetener in a deal.  Former #8 overall pick must have some value, still only 22?  After all, he has averaged a point-per-game over the duration of is NHL career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRELD. Show MRELD's posts

I hold Providence Bruins season tickets.......I wish I were wrong but this guy is a bust. He's too small, gets pushed around too easily. Yes he has some skill but he looks like he's a 14 yr old kid playing against men. This one was a bust....Mikko Lehtonen too.....time for new prospects. Proividecne didn't make the playoffs for the first time in forever last season....shouldn't that tell you something?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Things will be too crowded in the middle for Hamill to break through.  Seems like a decent chuck-in as a pot-sweetener in a deal.  Former #8 overall pick must have some value, still only 22?  After all, he has averaged a point-per-game over the duration of is NHL career.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I was about to be like "what are you talking about" till I figured that out...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: When will we see Zach Hamill? : I don't think he gets invited to rook camp?  Wasn't it atypical that they brought him back in last year?Posted by rolerhoky19

Very true but PC and CJ just might want him in there this summer as well. I just don't think PC wants to give up just yet look at his reaction to the fans booing Wideman.

Hamill just might be in the Ryder sense got a payday and thats it all she wrote. One thing is for sure this is it for Zach unless a miraculous turnaround happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

very soon....in the papers............... when he's traded with the #2 overall pick and a fourth rounder for the #1 overall pick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

very soon....in the papers............... when he's traded with the #2 overall pick and a fourth rounder for the #1 overall pick
    Posted by Drewski5

Of course im kidding, unless of course, the GM of the oilers started early.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Actually, thats not super unrealistic, the top pick isn't worth a whole lot more then the second, hamill did come on stronger at the end, and maybe this will be his year..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

SausageandPepper

Zack didnt have such a great season ...but I expect a great season from him in 2010-11 and I think he will get a chance to play with the Bruins next season if he does good with the P-Bruins

Tyler Seguin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I hold Providence Bruins season tickets.......I wish I were wrong but this guy is a bust. He's too small, gets pushed around too easily. Yes he has some skill but he looks like he's a 14 yr old kid playing against men. This one was a bust....Mikko Lehtonen too.....time for new prospects. Proividecne didn't make the playoffs for the first time in forever last season....shouldn't that tell you something?
    Posted by MRELD

KEEP IN MIND THE BIG CLUB STOLE THEIR ENTIRE ROSTER A FEW TIMES TO COVER ALL THE B'S INJURIES. HAMILL STARTED THE YEAR INJURED AND WE ALSO SEE THE WAY THAT SLOWED KREJCI. I EXPECT A BIG YEAR FROM HAMILL. LEHTONEN IS WHAT HE IS, A MID-ROUND PROSPECT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by MRELD

It tells me that Dany Sabourin isn't even a good AHL goaltender.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

He will be skating with his MOM Dorothy in the next Disney on Ice visit to TD Garden.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Either draft or free agent day when he's traded.

In Response to When will we see Zach Hamill?:
    As the 8th pick in 2007 draft; expectations are high. I wonder if he will be ready this fall ? I havent seen any Providence games. I wonder what his upside is ?
    Posted by SausageandPepper

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He will be skating with his MOM Dorothy in the next Disney on Ice visit to TD Garden.Posted by islamorada

Priceless absolutley Priceless Isla Ha Ha!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to Re: When will we see Zach Hamill? : Priceless absolutley Priceless Isla Ha Ha!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

He is great Value for someone.
    See Kris Versteeg.

People who say Hamil is a bust dont know hockey.
    Hopefully he is still here for one more year in the farm before the jump.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: When will we see Zach Hamill? : He is great Value for someone. See Kris Versteeg. People who say Hamil is a bust dont know hockey. Hopefully he is still here for one more year in the farm before the jump.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Perhaps you're related to Hamill?  Comparisons to Versteeg, who was a point-per-game player and always stood out while with Providence?   

Once people see Hamill play, they won't have to wonder why they haven't seen him play for the Bruins.  At best, he's "decent", but has a long way to go yet.  He sure as he[[ doesn't stand out the way a #1 pick should, that's for sure.    That's 'cuz he's on the small side, an okay skater but not fast, weak (unlike Versteeg), totally lacking in grit, has very good ice vision, passes the puck pretty well, but otherwise fails to distinguish himself.  Hamill can frequently go almost unnoticed for most of agame. 

To make it in the NHL if you're small, you need to be high on the skill side, fast, strong, be an excellent skater, have an instinct that allows you to evade hits and make plays; it also helps if you're willing and capable of taking and making a hit to make a play.  Hamill is just medium on the skill side, but brings none of the rest.  In two+ seasons at Providence, he's made some progress but not enough, and will likely be a throw-in in any deals that are made in the next year or so.

One caveat:  Hamill might be one of those guys who truly blossoms when playing with better teammates.  Only that remains to be seen about him, and should be easily determined at training camp this September.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: When will we see Zach Hamill? : He is great Value for someone. See Kris Versteeg. People who say Hamil is a bust dont know hockey. Hopefully he is still here for one more year in the farm before the jump.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Have you spent a lot of time watching Hamill play?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We will see Hamil when ever the team he gets traded to at the Draft is visiting Boston.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Never.

Sections
Shortcuts