Where are they now? Kobasew and Nokelainen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Where are they now? Kobasew and Nokelainen

43 goals in his last 2 years in Boston...FACTS not Opinions

I'm pretty sure that would lead the team right now

2.5 MILL for that kind of production...yeah, let's trade that guy and use that money for Ference. Top of the league in PK, Bottom in goals...YAY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Where are they now? Kobasew and Nokelainen:
    When Kobasew was traded, the B's had a TERRIBLE PK. One of the worst in the league. The Bruins as a whole were playing poorly. Chiarelli simaltaniously gave the entire team a "wake-up call" by trading someone who everyone thought was safe. He then turned around and got a guy that helped us improve to THE BEST PK team in the league.
    Posted by TommyD603

I give Chiarelli credit for getting Paille to fix the powerplay that was, at the time, sporting Byron Bitz.  I give him no credit at all for waking up the team.  Before and after that trade, they were sleepwalkers.  There were a few times when they'd wake up in the kitchen with a chicken leg in hand, but then it would be right back to sleep for the next four weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

43 goals in his last 2 years in Boston...FACTS not Opinions I'm pretty sure that would lead the team right now 2.5 MILL for that kind of production...yeah, let's trade that guy and use that money for Ference. Top of the league in PK, Bottom in goals...YAY!
    Posted by JWensink

That was then this is now. Kobasews 9 goals this year would have tied him for ninth on a Bruins team that had trouble scoring . Not exactly what you want for someone making $2.5M. Even Paille got 1 more goal then Kobasew making half as much money. Why do posters complain about players on the team when they want players who have numbers like this ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and Paille is still the fastest skater on the team!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I wouldve loved to have had Kobasew this past season, especially against Philly. He's better than Paille and plays w/ the tons of sandpaper. CJ didnt like Chuck on the pk and I think that was the reason that he was deemed expensive and expendable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Kobasew was better than bratwurst !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

43 goals in his last 2 years in Boston...FACTS not Opinions I'm pretty sure that would lead the team right now 2.5 MILL for that kind of production...yeah, let's trade that guy and use that money for Ference. Top of the league in PK, Bottom in goals...YAY!
    Posted by JWensink

You sir, IMO (which admittedly is not a fact) have no sense of humor.

I think they should have "taken advantage" of that good PK and taken more penalties.  Seriously.  A few instigator penalties against the irritant guys, more aggressive play might have make some teams shy, could have sent a message now and again, and that might have translated into a few more wins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Where are they now? Kobasew and Nokelainen : You sir, IMO (which admittedly is not a fact) have no sense of humor. I think they should have "taken advantage" of that good PK and taken more penalties.  Seriously.  A few instigator penalties against the irritant guys, more aggressive play might have make some teams shy, could have sent a message now and again, and that might have translated into a few more wins.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Good points BH , especially your first thought !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5346880

The team also announced it had bought out the contract of center Petteri Nokelainen, who was acquired from the Anaheim Ducks, also on March 4.