Where were Savard's "team-mates"????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Where were Savard's "team-mates"????

I really couldn't believe what I was watching...Carcillo is abusing Savard, literally throwing punches at his head!!! Where were his "team-mates" ??? Nobody came to protect him, except Ryder of all people who made a half hearted attempt. There were 3-4 Flyers surrounding a guy who just came back from a devastating head injury, who was in danger of getting taken out on a stretcher again - How does that happen without any response ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from a350227. Show a350227's posts

Re: Where were Savard's "team-mates"????

Whole heartedly agree. That was actually the same exact thing we were all thinking at the time. I would have gladly taken a 5 minute major in that situation...especially for Savard. Luckily it's 2-0

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Once again, we beat them on the scoreboard. Next season will give plenty of chances for pay back. This is not the time of year to take a five minute penalty to get back at somebody. Marc is a big boy and he is fine today. 2-0 Bruins is all that matters right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I was pretty surprised to see Ryder in the middle of it.   Not because I doubted he would do what he could to protect Savard, but because I expected the rest of the Bruins on the ice to be in there as well.  Ryder is not a fighter and would probably do no better than me in a real fight on the ice.... well yeah, he would have to do better than me... I can't skate!   But regardless, there needs to be more standing up for each other when Carcillo is on the ice, cause you know he is going to push things as far as he can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

I agree with the sentiment expressed in this thread. I was very disappointed that Julien didn't send Lucic out on the next shift with explicit instructions to smash Carcillo like a grape. It would've been worth the five. Carcillo would think twice next time about touching our best player. Carcillo is a punk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i am delighted that Carcillo thinks and says that Savvy "is not a man". What a line for the Bruins locker room on Wednesday. Carcillo turtled when Begin retaliated for a cheap shot, so you know he is out doing what his coach tells him. He rubbed Savvy's face and the "claimed" Savvy bit him. Just take his number and at the right time, take him out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

are we just looking for things to complain about now???

its 5 on 3 because the Bruins defense are not allowed to go below the dots....Ryder and someone else came to help out....

we got our revenge...its called a win

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Come on people.. the whole thing was over in a matter of seconds and yes, Ryder was in on it also. Savvy didnt have a chance because their guys had collapsed on the net for the play.

I don't care what you nay-sayers are saying but this team is vastly different than the one we saw mid-season.

It seems like no matter what happens you nay-sayers focus on the negative. The team is winning for cr@ps sake!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Where were Savard's "team-mates"????:
    are we just looking for things to complain about now??? its 5 on 3 because the Bruins defense are not allowed to go below the dots....Ryder and someone else came to help out.... we got our revenge...its called a win
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

What are you talking about the Defensemen are not allowed below the dots??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Going after him is what he wants, never give the enemy what they want. If the B's want to advance they must play with their heads not their fist..........

Besides Chara broken finger and nose already this year, same for Lucic, way risk it. By the time it heals your TEAM is out of the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Carcillo will get what's coming to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In Response to Re: Where were Savard's "team-mates"???? : What are you talking about the Defensemen are not allowed below the dots??
    Posted by rolerhoky19

if the d converges in a fracus behind the net or for that matter in the offense zone the faceoff is outside the blueline by rule & as we saw in charas case against buffalo he did it & emerged as the only 1 with a penalty which by the case is no rule saying that....carcillo is 1 or 2 words away from snapping....a bruin has to take 1 for the team & beat him at his own medicine

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This isn't about not taking a penalty, or what the scoreboard says...it's beyond that. This is about leadership and heart - if you want to make a run at the cup, this issue will rear it's ugly head again before it's over. If a Carcillo can rough up Marc Savard and throw punches at his head, then there's a serious problem on this team that apparently hasn't been addressed. You can bet your life that whoever wins the cup would not allow that situation to go on without a response.
    It's not negativity - it's reality...you can be a fan without ignoring troubling signs, like letting Marc Savard get hung out to dry by his coach and "team-mates".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

There does seem to be a bit of a lag in sticking up for each other this year --We all remember Savvy didn’t hesitate jumping Ott last year in the Dallas game which turned out to be a team galvanizing game. 

It seems this year’s team or the coaching does not see the opportunity with carcillo and what a strong response can do for a team the same way Savvy saw it with OTT last year.

I liked how the Bs responded to this stuff last year a bit better than this year's response rate, but they are winning. 

You can't say that turning the other cheek has been a Bs type of thing, can you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Sorry Wensink, It's about winning. We are doing that. End of story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

I'm with Wensink on this. Someone needed to step in and rip Carcillos head off. Not only was there no response by the Bruins but somehow the refs saw fit to give just Savard a penalty. Total BS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Ok notrolls. Lets say someone jumped in at that time and we go down two men short. Philly scores and ends up winning the game to tie the series at 1-1. Would you feel better today cause we took the bait from Carcillo or would you rather have won the game like we did. Carcillo will get his at the right time. This is not the right time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Ok notrolls. Lets say someone jumped in at that time and we go down two men short. Philly scores and ends up winning the game to tie the series at 1-1. Would you feel better today cause we took the bait from Carcillo or would you rather have won the game like we did. Carcillo will get his at the right time. This is not the right time. 
    Posted by Reilly24
    Okay, let's play devils advocate for a second. What if Carcillo managed to re-injure Savard with the cross check or one of the punches to the head? Would you be okay with it because the Bruins won the game?
    Carcillo has taken some cheap shots at Savard since the series started and someone needs to step up and send a message to the little dirtbag. I understand the importance of playing smart and keeping your cool, but there has to be a line and I think Carcillo crossed it. He's a dirty little p*ick! I agree with the poster about his cheap shot on Begin too. I'd like to see Johnny B display one of his open ice hits on this dirtbag.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

same ol rant !!!!
    where were u before this incident ??? all u do is look for something negative and then u come on this board and rant.
    at least i admit i come on this boards only when trolls roam and negative nellys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Where were Savard's "team-mates"???? : Okay, let's play devils advocate for a second. What if Carcillo managed to re-injure Savard with the cross check or one of the punches to the head? Would you be okay with it because the Bruins won the game? Carcillo has taken some cheap shots at Savard since the series started and someone needs to step up and send a message to the little dirtbag. I understand the importance of playing smart and keeping your cool, but there has to be a line and I think Carcillo crossed it. He's a dirty little p*ick! I agree with the poster about his cheap shot on Begin too. I'd like to see Johnny B display one of his open ice hits on this dirtbag.
    Posted by notrolls

Allrighty then, If Carcillo knocked Savy out then I would expect the whole bench to jump on the ice and kill the bat rastard. But he didn't. Savy is fine. The Bruins won the game and all is good. The hockey god's have been very good to us lately and still you people come on here and find something to complain about. I'm soo sick of the negativity from some of the people on this board. WE ARE WINNING !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

The bottomline is Bettman's "new NHL" has taken the overt, retaliatory response out of the game, especially during the playoffs.  As great as playoff hockey still is, I wish he had more of the passion...and yes hatred...that we saw in the '60's, '70's and '80's.  Guys like Carcillo would have no choice but to stand up and be counted at some point. 

I'm not one to complain about officials very often, but how did BOTH of those refs last night fail to penalize Carcillo's hit on Begin, and for his skirmish with Savard, while sending only Savard off?  For all the shining the Phliars have done about officials, I hope PC sent that game tape to the league just as an FYI.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Where were Savard's "team-mates"???? : Allrighty then, If Carcillo knocked Savy out then I would expect the whole bench to jump on the ice and kill the bat rastard. But he didn't. Savy is fine. The Bruins won the game and all is good. The hockey god's have been very good to us lately and still you people come on here and find something to complain about. I'm soo sick of the negativity from some of the people on this board. WE ARE WINNING ! . 
    Posted by Reilly24

Well let's hope that Savard doesn't get his career ended next time someone like Carcillo decides to try and punch him in the head...if it was taken care of - then there would be no next time. I'd rather see my team protect eachother, and show some unity. And guess what - it doesn't mean you can't win the game because you won't allow your team-mates to take punishment from a thug. The Bruins just might have won that game going away if they handled it the right way. Luckily Savard didn't get hurt - like he did last time when nobody responded either.
    Personally I think they would play better and win more if they did show some balls. That kind of emotion translates into wins, the lack of it will never go all the way. If Carcillo connected and knocked him out, would you be happy with the win because the Bruins got a PP out of it ??? I wouldn't -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

/except Ryder of all people who made a half hearted attempt//

"half hearted attempt" That will be the description of Ryder's stop in Boston. Michael is back to his floating self again the man just does not get consistency and heart!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It was a scrum. Relax. It was over before it started. And you DON'T take stupid penalities. Game won. Let's get game 3 going !   Go B's Go !

Sections
Shortcuts