Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?

Me, I'm picking Recchi because he's a warrior. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?

Me, I'm picking Kathryn Tappen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?

I don't drink, but if I did, it would probably be Krejci or Bergy.  I've had 2 Czech neighbors over the past 10 years and they are the nicest people I've ever met.  I remember one time I was lugging my 4x12 cab out of my car and up my front stairs and my sexy Czech neighbor, who I didn't even know at the time, offered to help me carry it in!  Very friendly ppl.  And Bergy, because some of my friends are originally from Canada.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Well....Blake Wheeler of course

Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Are you old enough to legally have a beer yet, Tyler ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts? ??
    well first of all if i were drinkin until the season started he probably wouldnt be making the team, so i would say hamill because i don't think he has a chance anyway.
     if you meant have a beer with i would have to say lucic becuase i bet he has some great drinkin stories.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?:
    [QUOTE]Well....Blake Wheeler of course Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by TylerSeguin[/QUOTE]

But, on a serious note, kid...

The drinking age in Massachussets is 21 years of age...

We're likely sending you back to Plymouth next year...

On the positive side, you will be able to get into CJ's Brewing Company next season...

These things are never easy, but one day, you'll understand...

See you at the WJC in Buffalo, New York in December 2010 !

Slainte Mhath 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

They can all come up to Montreal and it's shots of Jameson on me!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Probably Chara...I'm curious to see how much the big man drinks!
    And Tyler, don't listen to the naysayers who want to bury you in juniors and stunt your development! Actually- there's only one naysayer, who has a creepy obsession with you and juniors. He doesn't seem to think very highly of you, and apparently doesn't want to see you in the NHL...
    You'll be up with the big boys, and will have plenty of stories to tell whn you finally are allowed to enjoy adult beverages!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts?:
    [QUOTE]Probably Chara...I'm curious to see how much the big man drinks! And Tyler, don't listen to the naysayers who want to bury you in juniors and stunt your development! Actually- there's only one naysayer, who has a creepy obsession with you and juniors. He doesn't seem to think very highly of you, and apparently doesn't want to see you in the NHL... You'll be up with the big boys, and will have plenty of stories to tell whn you finally are allowed to enjoy adult beverages!
    Posted by Blackmale[/QUOTE]

Maybe, you should stop labelling posters and making ad homineum attacks because it certainly doesn't help any of your arguments.

I am glad to see Seguin up on the big club when he proves that he is ready to play every night, dominate in his natural position and live up to the high expectations that we hold for him as a player.

You seem to think on OHL MVP and tying for a scoring title mean he's ready to do that. 

I highly suspect that we'll see how he makes out against the best juniors in the World in Buffalo this December despite a bit of a weak showing in the development camp.

At least, I am hoping that he makes the squad this year.

But he will be allowed to enjoy adult beverages in Plymouth next season if he is there as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

This post is crappola...

But I'd have that beer with Mark Recchi or Doug Jarvis because both probably have a ton of interesting experiences as hockey players to impart... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Rmiller- I respect your opinion, but I don't get what else it is you think he needs to learn in juniors. The only way for him to get better is to take his game to the next level. I would say that the OHL scoring title shows what he accomplished. What else does he need to do to convince you that he is ready? How can he better himself against inferior competition that he has already bested?
    I will grant you that we won't be seeing a lot of him at his natural position on account of the center depth that the B's have, but I don't think that is a reason to keep him off the team.
    Seriously- what indication do you have that the B's are going to send him back down? And what aspects of his game specifically do you think would be improved by another year at juniors?
    The only thing that would likely be improved in Plymouth are his beer pong stats due to the reason you just mentioned!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

My goals for TS next season would be:

1. To see him bulk up. 
    2. Work on the areas of his game that he needs to improve upon.
    3. Prove that he can make his team, the Plymouth Whalers, a better team as their Captain.  
    4. Compete amongst the best junior players in the World and possibly captain a Team Canada to WJC Gold Medal in December.

A scoring title and MVP are great accomplishments, but we should be looking to groom a potential T-E-A-M leading kind of player in this situation.

The experience that Seguin gets playing first line minutes on a team (even though it is a junior team) will allow him to reach these goals more easily than playing 3rd or 4th line minutes on a NHL team while facing unreasonable fan expectations at the same time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Again, you don't mention WHICH areas of his game need improvement. I am not going to say I have seen him play, but the scouting reports I have read suggest that he has a pretty polished overall game.
    Like I said on another thread, he was the captain of the whalers (I think fo 2 years) and lead them to the playoffs even though he was pretty much the only decent player on the team so I am not worried about leadership...plus the B's already have several proven leaders who can show him the ropes...
    Yes, he could stand to gain a little weight, but there is no reason why he can't do that in the NHL (plus, he is listed as 192 as of the draft, so he isn't underdeveloped)
    I have no idea what your obsession with a WJC medal is, that would guarantee and prove nothing.
    I'll grant you first line experience...but I think he would be fine starting on the 2nd line for the b's.
    The consensus among a great many scouts is that he has the tools needed to succeed. The OHL would not challenge him, as he is already the best player there. Athletes need to be challenged in order to get better. I see nothing left for him to gain in the OHL.
    And again I ask- what SPECIFICALLY about his game needs improvement, and what SPECIFICALLY have you heard that would suggest he is going to be sent back down? Please, post a link- I am curious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Look, I am not saying (by ANY means) that there is no area for him to improve in the OHL or that he is a perfect player. But he isn't going to better himself playing against inferior competition! How can he improve when he is the best in the league? He has the talent to play in the NHL. He is a smart player. Hewill absolutely face challenges in the NHL. But he need to learn to adapt, and he won't at the OHL. He isn't going to accomplish anything he hasn't already. Scouts, hockey observers, etc agree that he already posesses the talent. What more can he learn in a league where he was A. a captain and B. the MVP? He will only get better ad learn playing against tougher competition. i would suggest that the AHL is the best option, but since he obviously can't play there, the NHL is the place. He has the talent. He has the desire. Everything else can be learned and taught up there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Well, I shouldn't really need to mention the areas of his game that require work since we should have both have already seen him play to even be having this discussion, but since it is now out there.

TS needs to learn to be more responsible for his own defensive zone and needs to work on his physical play.

He should be able to work on these aspects of his game more easily playing first line minutes in his natural position in the OHL than 3rd or 4th line in a position that is unnatural to him with unreasonable fan expectations in the NHL.

His playmaking is outstanding, however.

The guy does seem mature beyond his years, and potentially captaining a WJC to a Gold Medal would certainly challenge him to get better and bring the kind of work ethic that we want to see. 

Patience is a virtue.

He's still got many lessons left to learn at the junior level before making the jump if you ask me. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How did this become yet another thread of RMiller vs. the world re: Seguin and the WJHC?

I'll drink with which ever Bruin's buyin'.  Not Ryder - he needs to pinch his pennies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

I agree on the physicality of his play. But I think he will learn what he needs to more effectively and quickly at the NHL level. There, he'll be forced to learn.
    As far as his work ethic, I have heard nothing except that his work ethicc is exceptional.
    Ultimately, If he impresses at camp enough to be put on a top 2 line. If for whatever reason he doesn't, I do agree that he would be better off at the OHL than a 3rd liner. But let us see how he does in camp first. By every account I've read, he has appeared to be ready. If he still does in camp, even if he has to work on some subtelties, there is no reason not to put him in the NHL.
    And the fan expectations, sadly, will be there whether he makes the team this year or in 3, however unrealistic they may be.
    Bottom line- Seguin has proven that he has the talent and the drive-and the Bruins have all but told us that he will be on the team. Unless he really drops off, he will be on the big team.
    And I still don't know wht is so great about the WJC that would prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he has nothing to learn.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]How did this become yet another thread of RMiller vs. the world re: Seguin and the WJHC? I'll drink with which ever Bruin's buyin'.  Not Ryder - he needs to pinch his pennies.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Because I gave my honest opinions...

Why do I keep doing that ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Regarding your opinions on Seguin, Rmiller, you are like the girl in this! ;) Almost Everyone else feels one way except you. But hell, I give you props for standing up for and defending your position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiusAZZ5D8Y

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]I agree on the physicality of his play. But I think he will learn what he needs to more effectively and quickly at the NHL level. There, he'll be forced to learn. As far as his work ethic, I have heard nothing except that his work ethicc is exceptional. Ultimately, If he impresses at camp enough to be put on a top 2 line. If for whatever reason he doesn't, I do agree that he would be better off at the OHL than a 3rd liner. But let us see how he does in camp first. By every account I've read, he has appeared to be ready. If he still does in camp, even if he has to work on some subtelties, there is no reason not to put him in the NHL. And the fan expectations, sadly, will be there whether he makes the team this year or in 3, however unrealistic they may be. Bottom line- Seguin has proven that he has the talent and the drive-and the Bruins have all but told us that he will be on the team. Unless he really drops off, he will be on the big team. And I still don't know wht is so great about the WJC that would prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he has nothing to learn.

Agreed, let's save further discussion for after the camp and the first few games of the NHL season.

I hope that Seguin brings it, but I have also seen many player's careers ruined by being the "annointed one" before they are ready to take the responsbility for the role, and I see no need to rush this kid's development given the strength of the Black and Gold overall.

Not saying that is or will happen in Seguin's case.

It's just one of my pet peeves in hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Regarding your opinions on Seguin, Rmiller, you are like the girl in this! ;) Almost Everyone else feels one way except you. But hell, I give you props for standing up for and defending your position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiusAZZ5D8Y

Hey, that looks like my sister !

Love her persistence !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

A fair point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

Heck, the girl made it to the top at the end! But I agree. I will reserve judgment until training camp.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which current Bruin would you pick to have have a beer with until the season starts? : Hey, that looks like my sister ! Love her persistence !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I didn't think there was any other answer to that question...

Shawn Thornton hands down...

He's hilarious, probably likes to drink, would attract girls to us with his star power...

And the best part is, if you get wicked drunk and get into trouble, you have Shawn Thornton to fight by your side...

Sections
Shortcuts