Which ex - boston player do you miss, (currently playing?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantabbruinsfan. Show cantabbruinsfan's posts

Which ex - boston player do you miss, (currently playing?)

I was watching the rangers game and Brasher came over and blind sided Bitts. Who responded? Paul Mara, I know he only played for use for less than a season but I really liked that.

I miss P. Mara

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Which ex - boston player do you miss, (currently playing?)

Can I say a P-Bruin ,  Versteeg would have been great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Brian Rolston hands down.

Amazing slapshot. This guy took slap-shots on break-aways....and scored.

He was an amazing penalty killer, very tough and played excellent point on the power-play. He also led the league in shots while in boston, he could get the puck to the net almost every shift. This was one of Mike O'Connell's many poor moves.

This made me cringe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Rolston is a decent choice...I cant go with him though because he's not exactly mr. consistent come playoff time either....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Can I say a P-Bruin ,  Versteeg would have been great.
    Posted by HabsHaterBRPC

Speaking of P-Bruins, does anyone know how Andy Hillbert is doing? I got to see him a good amount during the lockout season and he was DYNAMITE in providence....I wonder if he's making any kind of noise somewhere....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Speaking of P-Bruins, does anyone know how Andy Hillbert is doing? I got to see him a good amount during the lockout season and he was DYNAMITE in providence....I wonder if he's making any kind of noise somewhere....
    Posted by Drewski5

I know he went to the Islanders but not sure he's still with them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Regular Season Stats
    SeasonGPG A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%
    2008-200967  11  16  27  -3  22  167  6.6 
     Andy Hilbert with the islanders

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Brian Rolston, I associate him with not showing up against the Habs in the playoffs...

Versteeg would have been great, I d also say Brad Boyes on some nights

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Brian Rolston, I associate him with not showing up against the Habs in the playoffs... Versteeg would have been great, I d also say Brad Boyes on some nights
    Posted by MTLBRUINFAN

I was a big Boyes guy when he was here....I always thought he had good chemistry with Bergeron....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Regular Season Stats Season GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S% 2008-2009                                              67 11 16  27  -3  22  1  1  0  167  6.6   Andy Hilbert with the islanders
    Posted by wallydouglas

Considering htose stats come from playing on a terrible third line, not bad....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Brian Rolston, I associate him with not showing up against the Habs in the playoffs... Versteeg would have been great, I d also say Brad Boyes on some nights
    Posted by MTLBRUINFAN

I agree about Rolston...Gonchar is on that boat as well....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Hey Rolston was just a piece of the puzzle i miss. Don't read too far into it. I don't think he could put the bruins on his back, but i felt he was a high energy player with a nose for the net. He did terrible in that montreal playoffs (1 point) though, i don't think that reflects him as player overall, i think that was just a bad series. Still, it is a fair assesment to say you don't want anyone back that failed in that series.

*About Brad Boyes, count me as one that didn't really appreciate him when he was here. i was really suprised when he took off in St. Louis. With that being said, i seem to be in the minority

Guys i don't miss?
    • Mike Knuble
    • Joe Thornton
    • Kyle McLaren
    • Andrew Raycroft (remember these days? all you thomas haters need to STFU)
    • Michael Nylander

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Hey Rolston was just a piece of the puzzle i miss. Don't read too far into it. I don't think he could put the bruins on his back, but i felt he was a high energy player with a nose for the net. He did terrible in that montreal playoffs (1 point) though, i don't think that reflects him as player overall, i think that was just a bad series. Still, it is a fair assesment to say you don't want anyone back that failed in that series. *About Brad Boyes, count me as one that didn't really appreciate him when he was here. i was really suprised when he took off in St. Louis. With that being said, i seem to be in the minority Guys i don't miss? Mike Knuble Joe Thornton Kyle McLaren Andrew Raycroft (remember these days? all you thomas haters need to STFU) Michael Nylander
    Posted by Olsonic
  14. Andrew Raycroft (remember these days? all you thomas haters need to STFU)

15. Ummm, Raycroft finished his rookie year with a 2.05 GAA and a Calder trophy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Andrew Raycroft (remember these days? all you thomas haters need to STFU) Ummm, Raycroft finished his rookie year with a 2.05 GAA and a Calder trophy.
    Posted by notrolls

Followed by a 2005 season (30 games) with 3.71 GAA and a .879 Save percentage.

That is what you call a flash in the pan.

Jim Carey won a vezina trophy as well.

Remember Blaine Lacher? yet another flash in the pan Bruins Goalie

This raycroft bashing isn't one of my stronger points. I am probably giving too much weight to the terrible 2005 showing. But i do remember a terrible playoff goalie in 2004.

Certainly should give him props for a good rookie season though

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Hey Rolston was just a piece of the puzzle i miss. Don't read too far into it. I don't think he could put the bruins on his back, but i felt he was a high energy player with a nose for the net. He did terrible in that montreal playoffs (1 point) though,...

That wasnt the only playoff series that he no-showed....If you bring up his career stats, his dissapearing in the post-season act can be seen many times throughout his career....

Just saying....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Followed by a 2005 season (30 games) with 3.71 GAA and a .879 Save percentage. That is what you call a flash in the pan. Jim Carey won a vezina trophy as well. Remember Blaine Lacher? yet another flash in the pan Bruins Goalie This raycroft bashing isn't one of my stronger points. I am probably giving too much weight to the terrible 2005 showing. But i do remember a terrible playoff goalie in 2004. Certainly should give him props for a good rookie season though
    Posted by Olsonic

I'll agree that razor did as close to a 180 as you can in '05, but he also didn't have much support defensively. I'm glad he's somewhat revived his career in Colorado. And yeah, he wasn't exactly stellar in the '04 playoffs.
    Let's hope Thomas isn't a "flash in the pan".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Hey Rolston was just a piece of the puzzle i miss. Don't read too far into it. I don't think he could put the bruins on his back, but i felt he was a high energy player with a nose for the net. He did terrible in that montreal playoffs (1 point) though, i don't think that reflects him as player overall, i think that was just a bad series. Still, it is a fair assesment to say you don't want anyone back that failed in that series. *About Brad Boyes, count me as one that didn't really appreciate him when he was here. i was really suprised when he took off in St. Louis. With that being said, i seem to be in the minority Guys i don't miss? Mike Knuble Joe Thornton Kyle McLaren Andrew Raycroft (remember these days? all you thomas haters need to STFU) Michael Nylander
    Posted by Olsonic

Nylander was good, he played well in his short stint as a Bruin and in the playoffs too...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

I don't think that we gave Sammy Pahlson enough of a chance.  He sure steps up big in the playoffs.  Does anyone know who we got for him? 

In hind-sight, Versteeg would have been a keeper as well.  I know that we needed immediate help at the time and Bochenski did well the rest of that season. No blame on the gamble except to Bochenski for loosing a step the next year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Glen Metropolit.

It was tough seeing him in a canadiens jersey. But he earned his first million dollar contract last season after being a journeyman for so long.

He was a very hard worker for the bruins.

Glen Metropolit. It was tough seeing him in a canadiens jersey. But he earned his first million dollar contract last season after being a journeyman for so long. He was a very hard worker for the bruins.
    Posted by Olsonic
    Yup, I thought the same thing. Metro was one of the habs best players in that series.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Some of you guys on this board really make me laugh... One person asked if anyone knew where Andy Hilbert was!?!?! He has played for the Isles for the past 3 seasons! He played asgainst the Bruins 3 times this year alone, including the final game of the seaon. Do some of you guys even watch the games?

Then another person said Andrew Resurected his career in Colorodo...3.14 GAA with a losing record! He was awful! I watched a few of the Avs games he was playing and he gave up a lot of softies!

Oh and my answer to the question...Alex Auld is a Bruin I missed this most this season every time Manny Fernandez was in net during the second half.

Some of you guys on this board really make me laugh... One person asked if anyone knew where Andy Hilbert was!?!?! He has played for the Isles for the past 3 seasons! He played asgainst the Bruins 3 times this year alone, including the final game of the seaon. Do some of you guys even watch the games? Then another person said Andrew Resurected his career in Colorodo...3.14 GAA with a losing record! He was awful! I watched a few of the Avs games he was playing and he gave up a lot of softies! Oh and my answer to the question...Alex Auld is a Bruin I missed this most this season every time Manny Fernandez was in net during the second half.
    Posted by paulmend

I said he "somewhat revived his career", meaning he wasn't being tossed around in the minor leagues as opposed to playing in the big leagues. I watched a few games where he looked pretty sharp. You wanna talk about softies, did you happen to see the 70 foot shot in overtime that king flopsalot let in?
    Did you miss Alex Auld when Manny was in net in the first half?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

how about brad staurt, i liked his game a lot.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I gotta go with Murray....Ha Ha what a stiff...can't beleive we still have to pay him. Nylander is mine even though, as stated before, it was a short stint.

It sickened me even worse to see him in a Ranger uniform before he went to the Caps! A calm cool collected player with the puck!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about another category of this, players the Bruins threw away.

What 4th round pick did they get for Jurcina?

• Sections
    Shortcuts