Which former Bruin(s) were you most disapointed in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Which former Bruin(s) were you most disapointed in?

The two that stand out for me were Tocchet and Stevens, I remember when they signed them I thought, alright, here we go, two tough players, character guys...I realize both were past their prime but that was an experiment that went nowhere.

Brad Stuart's another, not sure if he was overated or soemthing else was going on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Which former Bruin(s) were you most disapointed in?

Funny thing was Sinden ended up trading Stevens to LA for Tocchet! Unfortunetly, you were right, Tocchet was out of gas by then.

Brad Stuart over rated and I read quite a bit that his wife (from Cali) wanted no part of the east coast. We got Ference and Kobasew for him so good ridance!

This is more on MOC, for signing him, but Alexei Zhamnov is someone i detest for collecting a paycheck and did absolutely nothing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

SanDogBrewin is right
    Alexei Zhamnov
    Alexei Zhamnov
    Alexei Zhamnov

On the ice though?
    Obvious pick:Joe Thornton.

Less Obvious picks:  Jason Allison, Byron Dafoe
    ---Alison just seemed to get injured at the worst time of every season if i remember correctly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]Funny thing was Sinden ended up trading Stevens to LA for Tocchet! Unfortunetly, you were right, Tocchet was out of gas by then. Brad Stuart over rated and I read quite a bit that his wife (from Cali) wanted no part of the east coast. We got Ference and Kobasew for him so good ridance! This is more on MOC, for signing him, but Alexei Zhamnov is someone i detest for collecting a paycheck and did absolutely nothing!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Whatta ya mean? Zhamnov scored A goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Brian Rolston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

Paul Coffey
    Brian Leech
    Andrew Raycroft
    Hannu Toivonen
    Dave Andrechuck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Sergei Gonchar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]Paul Coffee Brian Leech Andrew Raycroft Hannu Toivonen Dave Andrechuck
    Posted by UtahBruin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Toivenen, I thought they had the real deal in that guy, forgot about him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedGold. Show BleedGold's posts

Blaine Lacher

This guy had such promise and in his first year he looked great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathanrules. Show stanjonathanrules's posts

Al Iafrate. What a joke this guy turned out to be.

Paul Coffey was another one. I never was a Paul Coffey fan. Guess I was a little spoiled having grown up watching guys like Bobby Orr and Ray Bourqe. Coffey could score goals but was a liability on defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathanrules. Show stanjonathanrules's posts

One more I forgot. How about Bill Ranford (both times we had him).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Jim Craig or Jim Carey.

Take your pick. One won a Gold Medal, the other a Vezina trophy.

Certainly have to disagree on Dave Andreychuk,Paul Coffey, Brian Leetch, they were old news by the time they got to Boston, I never expected any of them to return to old form....hey, we all get old!  Have to disagree on Jason Allison , he had his best years with Boston. Have to disagree on Byron Dafoe, he had some good years for us, too. Have to disagree on Ranford, he didn't have a very good team in front of him ( not anywhere near the teams he played with in Edmonton). Also have to disagree on Brian Rolston , he played well here, surely didn't disappoint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Zhamnov (wow what a bust, another dandy on MOC's CV)
    Blaine Lacher (enough said)
    Brain Rolston (no balls in playoffs)
    Guerin (just cause the mercenary p rick left the team like a freight train)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

....BOBBY LALOND !!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinisterg. Show sinisterg's posts

I would add Marius Czerkawski to this list.  There were columns written about this guy 6 months before he came over from Europe... and he never really got his game going until we dished him to Edmonton.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman99. Show Iceman99's posts

Bobby Orr , always hurt ...just kidding

Biggest Bust...Ken Hodge Jr., nothing like his old man

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Wow, Ranford and Rolston, not sure I agree with those.  I will agree that Zhamnov is one of the worst ever, I remember how impressed I was with Bob Joyce his first season, having Janney around didn't hurt but man did he ever go south.

Nice call on Hodge Jr, man did he ever lose it quick.

How 'bout Mike Moffat????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I was just dissapointed that Byron Dafoe chased the money and left a good situation for a bad one. I suppose I would do the same thing though, I should probably remove him from that list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Wow, some of the names are shocking.  Rolston was awesome here, scoring what, 9 shorties one year?  Jason Allison played his best hockey in Boston.  Yes, he did have a wrist injury that plagued him one year, but he was good when he played here.  301 games and 105 goals. 

Guerin was awesome here too.  Maybe some didnt like that he left, but that doesnt mean he wasnt a huge part of the offense, PLUS dropped his gloves.  142 games in 2 seasons with 69 goals.  He had issues with management and left.  I dont blame him at all. 

DaFoe was arguably one of the best goalies we've had in the past 20 years, second to only Thomas.  He should have won the Vezina over Hasek the year he had 10 shutouts.  3 of his 5 seasons were 30+ wins.  There have been about 20 goalie busts in the last 10+ years, DaFoe wasnt one.

Andrei "The Tank" Kovalenko is one of the biggest busts I remember in the past 20 years.  He was touted as being a big goal scorer, offensively minded, tough to knock down, etc., and the one year he was here he was TERRIBLE!

There have been a number of players that have gone belly up for the Bruins.  Honestly, the list is far too long to write here, but Ill add that Mariusz "The Polish Prince" Czerkawski was a huge bust during both stints here. 

Zhamnov
    Hodge Jr
    Hannu
    Raycroft (did it to himself)
    Pronger
    Moffet
    Coffee
    Potvin
    Carey
    Grahame
    Hackett
    Gonchar (wasnt bad but it was a bad deal)
    Stuart (same deal as Gonchar)
    Slegr
    Green
    LaPoint (loved him, but he wasnt worth the money)
    Jeff Jillson
    etc..........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

This thread isn't about whether these players are bad or not. This thread i think is about who we were dissapointed with for one reason or another. Maybe it is turned into something different, but when I responded this was my logic:
    • I thought Allison getting injured when he was the main man in the bruins offense was dissapointing. His career never recoved. He went to L.A. and no one even cared.
    • I thought Byron Dafoe chasing the money when we really had a good thing going in Boston was dissapointing. Especially after ther terrible year he had the following season in Atlanta.
    Both players were big parts of the team. Both were very talented, I guess I just want my best players to stay in boston and not get injured. When that doesn't happen, i think that makes me the MOST dissapointed.

Personally I could care less if Marius Czerkawski, or Bill Ranford, or like Rob Zaumner, Jiri Slegr, or Felix Potvin, etc didn't pan out because they were reaches to begin with. thats typical of middle of the road players.

I'm dissapointed in the players that could have been great Bruins players that history will forget about because of injury or trades etc.

*Note: I agree with you on Rolston, as you can see from my post on the curent players i miss forum. Mind you, I understand that people can bash him for not really showing up in the playoffs, but I agree that he was fun to watch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

You guys nailed most of the ones I was thinking of.

I still remember the Saturday, Ranford, Tocchett and Adam O were traded. When I realized they were going to Washington, I knew one of the players in return would be Anson Carter.

One big goal I remember in the 99' playoffs and I guess the B's got Guerin for him from Edmonton?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]This thread isn't about whether these players are bad or not. This thread i think is about who we were dissapointed with for one reason or another. Maybe it is turned into something different, but when I responded this was my logic: I thought Allison getting injured when he was the main man in the bruins offense was dissapointing . His career never recoved. He went to L.A. and no one even cared. I thought Byron Dafoe chasing the money when we really had a good thing going in Boston was dissapointing. Especially after ther terrible year he had the following season in Atlanta. Both players were big parts of the team. Both were very talented, I guess I just want my best players to stay in boston and not get injured. When that doesn't happen, i think that makes me the MOST dissapointed. Personally I could care less if Marius Czerkawski, or Bill Ranford, or like Rob Zaumner, Jiri Slegr, or Felix Potvin, etc didn't pan out because they were reaches to begin with. thats typical of middle of the road players. I'm dissapointed in the players that could have been great Bruins players that history will forget about because of injury or trades etc. *Note: I agree with you on Rolston, as you can see from my post on the curent players i miss forum. Mind you, I understand that people can bash him for not really showing up in the playoffs, but I agree that he was fun to watch
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I agree Ols....I chose Gonchar, not because he played bad, but because we acquired him for the playoffs...He was supposed to get our team over the hump so to speak....We never got over the hump that year...And Gonchar didnt provide much in that series, either.....Ho hum

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Zhamnov of course-- the worst acquisition ever made, in a panic mode

Next Kevin Stevens the five million dollar man worth about 1/5 of that.

Then, Gonchar-- a forward on D who made so many costly turnovers one lost count.  Can't believe Pittsburg is still using him. 

Hal Gill, the master of clutch and grab.  I liked him personally, but hated his style.  He was great at holding down (literally) great scorers, but became a dinosaur with the new anti-hooking-holding rules. 

With Gonchar and Gill, it's no wonder Pittsburg has D problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Zhamnov of course-- the worst acquisition ever made, in a panic mode Next Kevin Stevens the five million dollar man worth about 1/5 of that. Then, Gonchar-- a forward on D who made so many costly turnovers one lost count.  Can't believe Pittsburg is still using him.  Hal Gill, the master of clutch and grab.  I liked him personally, but hated his style.  He was great at holding down (literally) great scorers, but became a dinosaur with the new anti-hooking-holding rules.  With Gonchar and Gill, it's no wonder Pittsburg has D problems.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Its also the reason why we're better than them....You think those dinosaurs can keep us with our speed skaters? HAH!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Todd Elik- seemed to have all the skill in the world just couldn't put it together.

Landon Wilson- Other than that huge hit against Carlonia in the playoff he didn't do much.

The old management- For bringing up Lacher, Raycroft and Tovienin way to early and killing their confidence. It's the same thing that is happining with Price right now.

Sections
Shortcuts