Which former Bruin(s) were you most disapointed in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

Re: Which former Bruin(s) were you most disapointed in?

I will say Kevin Stevens. I was wicked excited when we got him. I think he was a 50 goal scorer one year. But he did very little with the B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

OK, I guess I missed what you were going for. 

Id agree with Gonchar (already did I think).

Stevens was a big bust. 

Mariusz Czerkawski is still on my list.  I thought he could do great things but never did, at least not for Boston.  For a guy who had 215 goals, 220 assists in 745 games, he was a bust in a B's uniform.  13 NHL seasons, 6 20+ goal seasons including a 30 and 35 goal season, but only scored 23 goals with the Bruins in 100 games even during 4 different seasons.

Jeff Jillson is still fresh in my mind.  He was a young, big & tough D-Man who was supposed to be the NEW McLaren but never panned out anywhere really.  The only good thing about him is we basically got Wideman for him.  We traded Jillson back to the Sharks for Boyes the year after the Sharks traded him to us.  He has never done anything at any level really, so getting Wideman for him was great.

You know, a couple guys I was really disappointed in were fighters.  Sandy McCarthy and Krzysztof Oliwa:  Both super tough guys who signed here when we had no real enforcers after letting Ken Belanger go (one of my favorite tough guys of all time).  Neither ever really did anything in a Bruins uniform as far as roughing up opponents goes.  I was disapointed in them big time even though nothing was expected from them really.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

After giving it some more thought I think Hal Gill has to be one of the most, not so much for his lack of offense, more so for the fact that for the size of him, he played like an absolute P#$$y.  One of the worst fighters I have ever seen, never finished a check and was slow as @#ck.  Did I forget anything???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

After giving it some more thought I think Hal Gill has to be one of the most, not so much for his lack of offense, more so for the fact that for the size of him, he played like an absolute P#$$y.  One of the worst fighters I have ever seen, never finished a check and was slow as @#ck.  Did I forget anything???
    Posted by Nolakanookie

yah, his near total inability to make creative outlet passes.  Slam it up the boards and hope to stay out of trouble, that's Hal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Funny thing, no one mentioned Sergei Samsonov ( I don't think).

Wasn't he supposed to be great?

And we had a big Russian center back in the late '80's...Vladimir Ruczicka, they called him "Rosy" , I thought , for a while,he was going to be great.

Russian players have been dissapointing in general for Boston, guess we signed the wrong ones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who's the guy we called Special-K ?
    I don't want to spell his name wrong .
    He disappointed me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadrackcas. Show Shadrackcas's posts

I think that a common theme here is that a lot of those players that left, left due to management.  Thornton was another one who had problems with management.  I have been saying for a while that having Cam Neely in the upper offices will make a huge difference to players wanting to stay here.  I can't see anyone, and I mean anyone, in the Bruins organization bullying Neely, and in the same breath I can't see Neely letting players get the shaft by management either. 
    That leads to players wanting to stay, and players willing to take a little less to be part of a locker room they know and love, and a city that embraces them.
    Look at the Patriots.  Look how many players took cuts to stay because of the treatment by ownership and the city, plus being on a team that has "favorite" written all over it year after year.
    This Bruins team can become the same way.  I think we are on the cusp of having success similar to Detroit.
    We draft well.
    We have a great front office now.
    Coaching, I could go on forever about how much I think of Julien but what stands out is that the players buy in, and new players will buy in due to the respect he has, and he doesn't hang his players out like a lot of others.  Scotty Bowman like in the way he is.
    In 39 years of watching this team, I can't say I have seen a more complete team overall.  Better teams with Orr, Neely, O'reilly, etc.  Sure.  More complete on 4 lines and tighter as a team.  Not that I can remember, though some of you may prove me wrong.
    Can't remember enjoying a season of hockey this much.  Ever.
    If they win the cup, then we are all spoiled.
    Too bad I saw some empty seats at game one.
    Makes me wish I lived in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Who's the guy we called Special-K ? I don't want to spell his name wrong . He disappointed me.
    Posted by BsLegion

Czerkawski & Krushelnyski were both nicknamed Special - K, regardless both disapointing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Czerkawski & Krushelnyski were both nicknamed Special - K, regardless both disapointing!
    Posted by Nolakanookie

I thought Krushelnyski played O.K. for us.

Didn't we trade him for Linesman? I think that Edmonton was happy with him , too. He was no all-star but he was useful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Funny thing, no one mentioned Sergei Samsonov ( I don't think). Wasn't he supposed to be great? And we had a big Russian center back in the late '80's...Vladimir Ruczicka, they called him "Rosy" , I thought , for a while,he was going to be great. Russian players have been dissapointing in general for Boston, guess we signed the wrong ones.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

It's funny. As I was reading through the thread, I started thinking about Samsonov. He might be my No. 2 choice. I liked him, and he had some decent years but I expected more.

My No. 1 choice might be Bob Joyce. When he and Janney came off their respective Olympic teams, they teamed with Cam Neely to give the Bruins a great No. 1 line down the stretch and in the playoffs through the Stanley Cup finals. (I loved that team.) He did nothing after that, however.

Sections
Shortcuts