Which two would you move if you had to?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Which two would you move if you had to?

Here's the situation.  You are PC and you have three deals on the table for Savard, Thomas, and Ryder.  Your cap situation says that two of them have to go.  You will get nothing in return for any of them other then picks and prospects.  Basically nothing that helps the team this year other then making cap space.  Which two do you deal?  This is just for fun and you don't need to any other info then what you have.  Assume each deal is fair and the return is proportional to the player you're moving and the player is willing to waive his NTC/NMC for the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Re: Which two would you move if you had to?

There's one problem. Our cap situation this year says none of them has to go until Sturm returns. Then only one of them has to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Which two would you move if you had to?:
    There's one problem. Our cap situation this year says none of them has to go until Sturm returns. Then only one of them has to go.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

That's why I said it was just for fun.  I just wanted to see who "average Joe Bruins fan" would move of the guys rumored to be on the block.  Of course, someone had to put too much thought into it.  Actually, to be accurate, I wanted to see the guy most people wanted to stay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Which two would you move if you had to? : That's why I said it was just for fun.  I just wanted to see who "average Joe Bruins fan" would move of the guys rumored to be on the block.  Of course, someone had to put too much thought into it.  Actually, to be accurate, I wanted to see the guy most people wanted to stay.
    Posted by Raskman

My apologies. I didn't read the just for fun part. I thought you were implying that the Bruins needed to dump 2 of these guys. My bad. Anyway, I think Savard is the most important guy of the 3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Which two would you move if you had to? : My apologies. I didn't read the just for fun part. I thought you were implying that the Bruins needed to dump 2 of these guys. My bad. Anyway, I think Savard is the most important guy of the 3
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Agreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Then that's what you should have asked!  Because when you put it this way, to give you an answer, I have to think about how I'd replace the guys once they go, especially if Thomas is in play.  I'd be looking to find a veteran goaltender in a backup role (Osgood?) who might be available in exchange for some of these picks/prospects I'm getting in dealing guys away.  Just because the deal to move a guy out doesn't bring in anything for this year's roster doesn't mean that the futures you get back can't be moved on, and it doesn't mean you don't continue to improve the roster.

Thing is, there aren't many veteran back-ups available at the moment.  If you look around the league, most teams are stretched thin.  Steve Mason's back-up in Columbus is Mathieu Garon.  Cam Ward is now an old man with Justin Peeters backing him up.  Ryan Miller gives up the net on the first night of every full moon to Patrick Lalime.  The Devils employ Fatboy Hedberg.  There are no middle class back-ups any more (maybe because there aren't enough upper class starters?).  So even trading to find insurance for Tuukka isn't going to turn up someone you can trust.  Turco won't take lowball money.  Theodore is just wrong (given the way he's owned the Bruins in the past, I'd worry that the whole roster would lose its confidence because they can't score on the back-up in practice!).  So...dealing Thomas is a huge risk because you really can't insure youself.  Savard can be "replaced" in the lineup (blah blah glut of centres blah blah), but no one will walk in and be a point/game scorer and experienced #1 offensive option, and you're not going to get that offense by making another deal.  You might try to relocate offense to the wing, but it's going to be costly, and the targets just aren't out there for the shopping.  That leaves Ryder.  Value?  Unknown.  He could "bounce back" and score 25, in which case he's a scoring winger on a team that has few scoring wingers - and every one  they do have has a question mark over his head: Wheeler - too soft? too greedy?; Lucic - genuine untapped offensive potential or wishful thinking?; Horton - was the problem in Florida or in his rib cage?  Seguin - how soon can the kid contribute?  On the other hand, he could play like last year when he was invisible many nights in a row, went through long, long droughts, and only seemed to have some jump playing with a guy who's now in St. Loo.

Ryder's the least risky proposition, Savard's second, Thomas third - at least in terms of finding ways to cover the holes they'd leave.  I guess that makes my vote "Savard/Ryder". 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Again, it was just for fun.  You are overthinking it...to an extreme.  As expected, Savard seems to be the one that most don't want to leave, yet he seemed to be at the top of the list to be the first to go.  Those talks have died off quite a bit, but he still seems to be the easist to get something back for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I think they could get the most for Savard. But, if they wait until Sturm comes back, they can either bury Ryder in Providence or trade him for a bag of pucks. Or, if he's producing they can trade him for a prospect and pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic and Hamill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Don't move Thomas ! Rask is an excellent goalie but he need a solid backup for at least one more year. We don't know if Rask is ready to play 60 games in this league. TT is also a good guy for the locker room I think. He's experience will help Rask again this season.

Ryder & Savvy are my choices to go.

What do you think about it ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Delta14. Show Delta14's posts

Given the options, probably Savard & Ryder.  Really would like to see Lucic and Thornton gone but I doubt if that will happen.  Reason being - Lucic has to play better than the first & second years combined to earn that $4,000,000 salary - don't think that's going to happen and I'd rather spend money on someone like McGrattan (right wing) than Thornton.  Just my opinion.

toys 0311

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Ryder - Thomas -  hands down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

As it stands right now, gotta go Ryder and Timmy...Savy's still way too important to this team...