whitfield is terrible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

whitfield is terrible

i dont even need to write anything because this guy is just awful why bring a guy up who will play 5 mins of a game bring up youth marchand not going to hurt you he got offensive n hits everything in sight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: whitfield is terrible

He's in the NHL? How???????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree !  Begin can take faceoffs .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Perhaps CJ looks to Whitfield's league experience as the deciding factor over Marchand (i.e., is he defensively sound, is he prone to penalties, etc.)  Love Marchand's energetic style.  I mean, his physical game can create turnovers, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Whitfield? Marchand? it's called being short-handed, clowns. Why are you even referring to these guys. They are 4th liners and minor leaguers. If they were any good, they would have been in the NHL on a regular basis. You lose enough players, you are stuck with what you got. The B's are severly short-handed at forward. End of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

actually Whitfield was not all bad. Begin just faded away during the game, and as far as falling down , just watch Wheeler. Marchand does have spirit and does irritate the other team, but, he has zero playoff experience. Might be worth a try, but don't count on it. Also thought that Stuart came back too soon and that Savvy wore down as the game progressed, but he did not get much support from Ryder and Wheeler, particularly in overtime. The two days off should help Savvy and Stuart. Chara and Boychuck need to be more responsible with their passes, but, the Flyers know this so they are crowding them and looking for mistakes like last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: whitfield is terrible:
    actually Whitfield was not all bad. Begin just faded away during the game, and as far as falling down , just watch Wheeler. Marchand does have spirit and does irritate the other team, but, he has zero playoff experience. Might be worth a try, but don't count on it. Also thought that Stuart came back too soon and that Savvy wore down as the game progressed, but he did not get much support from Ryder and Wheeler, particularly in overtime. The two days off should help Savvy and Stuart. Chara and Boychuck need to be more responsible with their passes, but, the Flyers know this so they are crowding them and looking for mistakes like last night.
    Posted by Bogie6

What does not all that bad mean.  Last night he played like an AHL player who had not played in several weeks thrown in to an NHL game.  He was flat out awful. We would have been much better off going with youth because atleast a young player might have brought some energy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Trent Shitfield suc ks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you and while Whitfield is with the big team ...Lehtonen 6'3'' talented (1st scorer for Providence 2 years in a row) is waiting for a call .....I just dont understand .....is PC sleeping thinking that this serie is over ?????  ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   please wake up guys ....give Lehtonen just one game and he will prove me right ...I bet with 10 minutes of ici time he would score one goal in his first game ......HELLO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2010

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Posted by lucicanator17
    Totally agree with you and while Whitfield is with the big team ...Lehtonen 6'3'' talented (1st scorer for Providence 2 years in a row) is waiting for a call .....I just dont understand .....is PC sleeping thinking that this serie is over ?????  ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   please wake up guys ....give Lehtonen just one game and he will prove me right ...I bet with 10 minutes of ici time he would score one goal in his first game ......HELLO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2010
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Lehtonen tailed off at the end of the season and reportedly the coaches weren't too happy with his effort. Which is undoubtedly why he wasn't included in the "Black Aces" squad (Whitfield, Penner, Marchand, Bodnarchuk and Sabourin). Unless he's hanging around to watch the playoffs, he's probably back in Finland by now.

Whitfield is getting minimal ice time on the grinder line. He's not there to replace Krejci - Savard, Bergeron and Sobotka have to do that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

I believe Lehtonen is still available.  This article is a week or so old but it lists him as one of the "black aces" still in Providence practicing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I am guessing he got the nod over Marchand since CJ likes ot use Whitfield on the PK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I believe Lehtonen is still available.  This article is a week or so old but it lists him as one of the "black aces" still in Providence practicing. http://bruinsblog.projo.com/2010/04/bruins-black-ac.html
    Posted by nickvox

Good find, thanks. Still, though, the point stands. If they were going to replace Whitfield, they'd go to Marchand next on the depth chart. Lehtonen certainly isn't going to be used in the role of a fourth-line grinder who can take faceoffs and kill some penalty time, which is how Whitfield is being utilized.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I rather live and die with a youngster.  At least the guy will gain some playoff experience time.  I would not mind Hamill either.

Sections
Shortcuts