whitfield or marchand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

whitfield or marchand?

id go with marchand with bergy and rex and paile on 4th line    or you could go with paille bergy rex  whitfield with begin and thorts wont hurt us    but i think you have to go with more offense and marchand i hope can bring more than paille      so ideally   savy luci statan   sob wheels ryder   rex bergy march   thorts paille begin     we can always switch if need be  knowing cluade he will probably go with whitfiled 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: whitfield or marchand?

Neither .   They need someone with offensive skill not only grit.  I would bring Max Sauve, he's an opportunist (played great on a bad team in juniors playoffs , came to Prov. and immediately was an impact) . Krejci loss will be big for the offense. Sobotka can play center therefore no need for Whitfiled.

Unfortunately my discussion is not valid as I'm sure it'll be Marchand.  I like the kids heart but in the long run,  if the Bruins want to go further,  he's not the answer.
    Need skill upfront.

BTW can Colbourne be called ?  The Bruins brought 4 AHLer's and that's the max , my question can they change and choose another ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

BsLegion - I haven't seen Sauve play but I like your thinking, but I bet it will be Marchand as well.
     I'm not sure, but I believe if the Bs use Colbourne at all the clock starts ticking on NHL service time, effectively bringing him to FA status a year earlier than if they call him up for next season. If that's correct, there is no way they burn a year of having him under control for a few playoff games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Losing Kreji is a tough blow. Whitfield will probably be the game 4 fill in, with any change coming if a game 5 is necessary. While the check was legal and hard, the pass from CHARA was stupid, but, Chara has made a number of stupid passes, moreso this year, to players who were covered. Time for the coach to address that problem. It's usually Wideman, but this one belongs to Chara.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

march and whit have been practing with the team so it will be 1 of the 2 and i think it will be whitfield...wont hurt us on 4th line and 4th line is not scoring anyway... id put march w bergy and rex  and paille on 4th line but i think julien will go with whitfield...cant bring in sauve with no practice..in 2nd rd of nhl playoffs completly different game here then what he has been playing against..plus we need guys who play our system thats why we have been sucssesful to this point depsite alot of injuries

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Correct- we lose a year on Colborne if we bring him up which is why it won't happen, think the same goes for Sauve.
    It will most liekly be Marchand, he is perfect for this type of series, energy guy, not affraid to get in the mix. He put 6'5" vanRemsdyk over the boards earlier this season. Either way, I'd expect the bench to shrink a little more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to whitfield or marchand?:
    id go with marchand with bergy and rex and paile on 4th line    or you could go with paille bergy rex  whitfield with begin and thorts wont hurt us    but i think you have to go with more offense and marchand i hope can bring more than paille      so ideally   savy luci statan   sob wheels ryder   rex bergy march   thorts paille begin     we can always switch if need be  knowing cluade he will probably go with whitfiled 
    Posted by bruins8

My sentiments almost exactly, Berg and March had some preseason chemistry not so much during the season, but who did. Sob line reunited will be good, Sav Luc reunited is also good and right now it doesn't matter whom Sat plays with he is on fire. 4th line will be 4th with 2PK guys. March is good on PK as well,
    but... Claude may prefer the unexciting checker and stay at home guy in Whitfield who will not hurt you defensively.

I prefer March with Berg and Recc over Pail, but I still like Pail on 4th and his PK skills and his speed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Heres why it will be marchand
    line 1 Bergie, rechhi and lucic
    line 2 savie wheeler and satan
    line 3 marchand sabotka (these 2 played together before , ryder
    line  4 thornton, begin wheeler
    @ decent offensive lines and 2 checking lines
    add the good D and rask we will be ok

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no  wheel ryder sob    lucic savy satan      rex bergy march   thort paille begin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins could use some size and scoring and Mikko Lehtonen who led the PB's in the regular season at 6'3 and 196 has all that. Merchand would be a good choice also but Whitfield doesn't have a nose for the net we need to finish off the Flyers. I hope JC goes for the younger guys with something to prove and bring some energy. There is no way to replace Krejic but I do not feel the Bruins are done without him as it was proved last night and some of these young guys would help with their energy and hopefully some timely scoring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

no way in hell .....Bring in Lehtonen .....Marchand had his chance this year..didnt do nothing...give a chance to Lehtonen

to me the season is over ...you cant win another serie without Krejci-Stuart-Sodenbergh...I can live with the loss of Sturm and McQaid ...but now we have only 5D's and Krejci was playing his best hockey of the year...what a tragedy ! !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

I agree with putting Marchand on the Bergie line. Makes the most sense. Sabotka had a tough game last night but he was also logging a lot of extra minutes. Hopefully the Sabotka Ryder Wheeler line can make some things happen. If it works they can still save this thing theyve got going. Everything happens for a reason. Krejci was pivitol in getting us to this point, now its someone elses turn to step in and get hot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't think the bruins management will bring a guy who has 0 NHL experience in the line up.  Therefore if i have to chose in between Marchand and Withfield i will go with Marchand.  He is the type of guy who can bring a lot of energy and the bruins will need that!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins were up 2-1 with DK, and won the rest of the game 1-0 without him.  They did it by playing really well against Richards and Briere - the puck was not following Richards around in quite the same way last night.  The Bruins played the body on him, and they pressured the Flyers alll over the ice.  That, and Tuukka, will be the key to their continuing success.  That means Claude will dress Whitfield, because it's far more likely that the Bruins can win by playing suffocating defensive hockey than that Marchand or Sauve will turn in a Chris Kontos like performance.  That's how they'll beat the Pens, too.  They'll Jersey them to death.  Claude has Lemaire on speed dial now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyTravis. Show RandyTravis's posts

Stanelycuptothebruins glad to see you have already given up on your team way to support them the team did work when Savard went down and they can do work with Krejci down and who the hell is Sodenbergh go cry in your towel since you gave up on a team you clearly dont like way to support them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: whitfield or marchand?:
    no way in hell .....Bring in Lehtonen .....Marchand had his chance this year..didnt do nothing...give a chance to Lehtonen to me the season is over ...you cant win another serie without Krejci-Stuart-Sodenbergh...I can live with the loss of Sturm and McQaid ...but now we have only 5D's and Krejci was playing his best hockey of the year...what a tragedy ! !
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Dude, its a team game. The Bruins are winning by committee. Everyone is playing good positional, physical hockey. Krejci had most of his points because he played to the system, which means whoever fills his place should do the same job. My only real concern is puck possession. He really is a master of slowing things down and maintaining the puck. I think thats the biggest thing we lose from this, but its playoffs. Some kid has a chance to step into the biggest spotlight in hockey and make an impact. Im sure it wouldn't be the first time an NHL career was built off of a similar circumstance.

I said it before and Il say it again, everything happens for a reason. The east is WIDE open right now, regardless of injuries. This team needs to just bear down and take advantage of this opportunity. And what happened to you anyway. Aren't you like the most positive poster on this forum? For a second reading the post I thought the account was hacked or something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Neither of them inspires me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pie1970. Show pie1970's posts

Think you have to go Marchand with Bergie and Recchi. They are all around the 2 best forwards on the team and have the smarts to get the most out of a high tempo young guy. Savard with Loocth and Satan can provide some offence. They have to concentrate in our zone, making sure to clear our end then use the imagination in the offensive zone. 4TH line of Begin, Thornton, Paille is good enough to play some useful minutes. The key up front is Ryder, Wheeler, Svo. I have been all over Ryder all year. He has to play better and score some with Kreci out. Wheeler has some skills but along with the PK he has to chip in with some key goals to give us a chance. The Defence will get Stuart back so it is pretty solid. Listen just one year can't we steal a Cup with great goaltending and timely scoring!!  Montreal Did it at least 3 times with teams that had no business winning the Cup 71,86,93. All I want is this one !!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobthebruin. Show bobthebruin's posts

Neither .   They need someone with offensive skill not only grit.  I would bring Max Sauve, he's an opportunist (played great on a bad team in juniors playoffs , came to Prov. and immediately was an impact) . Krejci loss will be big for the offense. Sobotka can play center therefore no need for Whitfiled. Unfortunately my discussion is not valid as I'm sure it'll be Marchand.  I like the kids heart but in the long run,  if the Bruins want to go further,  he's not the answer. Need skill upfront. BTW can Colbourne be called ?  The Bruins brought 4 AHLer's and that's the max , my question can they change and choose another ?
    Posted by BsLegion

I was wondering about Colbourne as well. Although, I think Marchand could give that idiot Carcillo a run for his money. Any word on if Stuart will be back for game 4? Time for Ryder to step up. All offense is good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

There is no question it will be Whitfield.  Julien depends on older and more experience players who can handle playoff games.  

This fan prefers Marchand with Begin as center on the forth line.  Sobotka would play the third line center.  The Marchand's energy and gained experience would be needed down the line.  

Any other player considerations are moot in conversation as these two have been practicing with the club.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

no way in hell .....Bring in Lehtonen .....Marchand had his chance this year..didnt do nothing...give a chance to Lehtonen to me the season is over ...you cant win another serie without Krejci-Stuart-Sodenbergh...I can live with the loss of Sturm and McQaid ...but now we have only 5D's and Krejci was playing his best hockey of the year...what a tragedy ! !
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I feel the pain too, brother, but Stuart may be back in a game or two, Seidenberg might be ready by the finals (if we make it), Sturm wasn't doing anything, and I admit Krecji is a HUGE loss, but if someone from Providence can contribute just a bit (obviously whoever we insert won't replace Krecji's contributions, given how he was playing), but if we can get SOME contribution from whoever we call up, you never know. Crazy things happen sometimes in sports. We need everyone in a Bruins uniform to contribute though. There can be no free riders. Everyone has to bring it every night. Ryder, Wheeler, Sobotka, Lucic, Wideman, Hunwick...the list goes on. Everyone has to contribute at this point. If we get production from some of these hot & cold types, you never know what might happen. And Rask has to play like he did last night. He was the star last night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Neither of them inspires me.
    Posted by CanuckBruin

I agree with you ....we need Lehtonen ...big guy 6'3'' and talented...what Marchand can bring to the team against the Flyers ???...NOTHING

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I think that Marchand will get the call.  The Bruins have four able-bodied centers in Bergeron, Savard, Sobotka, and Begin.  Sobotka is more comfortable at center than at wing, so I see no reason to bring Whitfield in. 

If Marchand doesn't cut it tomorrow night, Whitfield can give it a try.  At least the Bruins have the luxury of a 3-0 lead.  If one of the call-ups bombs and the Bruins lose, there will be up to three more games for CJ to try to make it right.

The things that make me nervous are Recchi on the PK and Paille on the PP.  Recchi has looked alright on the PK, but he was looking tired by the end of the game last night.  He really doesn't need the extra minutes tacked onto his workload.  To me, Paille looks like the second coming of PJ Axelsson.  Excellent at clogging up passing lanes and breaking up plays, but hands of stone.  Both PJ and Pail have been underrated, but neither belong on the power play.

The hill just turned into a mountain.  Hope the Bruins bring their climbing gear to the conference finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maf559. Show maf559's posts

Marchie. No doubt about it. Some say what can he bring to the table..I say a lot.  Hes got great speed and grit but also knows how to handle the puck. One other thing is, kids got a mouth and it will only help to get the flyers off their game.  Hes not quite sean avery bad with it but he can get under your skin damn well and that will help.  Whitfields solid in the locker room but isnt really the high energy guy we need in the lineup.  For those who say Mikko, why? Sure he killed it in the AHL but rewind a few years, would you really want Pascal Pelletier in our lineup since he was the stud in prov? absolutely not. Marchie would have eclipsed any of Mikko's stats if he didnt break his foot this year even with his time spent called up. Kids not a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Marchand, but no way he plays with Bergeron. He will fill in on the wing with the 4th line (Begin/Thornton) aka the agitator line. The could basically use the same lines they used against buffalo (swap Savard for Krecji) and to be honest Sabotka played his best at center between Wheeler and Ryder. Paille on Bergies line make much more sense as he has more speed and bigger offensive upside than Marchand. This all assumes that Stuart will be back in uniform. If not, things get a bit more dicey on D.

Sections
Shortcuts