whitfield or marchand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: whitfield or marchand?

I hope they bring up Marchand ,not sure who I would play him with.Losing Krecji is definitely a blow but if the team can suffocate the neutral zone like they did last night  and Rask continues to play like he is doing, who knows ,we at least should be competitive in the next round.Savard should continue to get stronger and maybe we get Stuart back soon. Of course I want the B's to win the Cup but realistically I am quite happy with them making the final four[after a dreadful year].

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

they will not bring lethoen up  they will go with guys who have been practicing with them..plus miko was up and didnt impress earlier this season...gut says whitfield but id like to see marchand with bergy  hey if it doesnt work we do have wiggle room to switch giving we are up 3-0   and just because these callers calling in radio stations saying we have no shot at beating pit...let me 1st tell you pit hasnt won their series yet...and for that matter neither have the bruins...and these same people also said no possible way wsh would lose to mtl 3 straight..i think we can beat pit or mtl even with these injuries 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: whitfield or marchand?:
    Neither .   They need someone with offensive skill not only grit.  I would bring Max Sauve, he's an opportunist (played great on a bad team in juniors playoffs , came to Prov. and immediately was an impact) . Krejci loss will be big for the offense. Sobotka can play center therefore no need for Whitfiled. Unfortunately my discussion is not valid as I'm sure it'll be Marchand.  I like the kids heart but in the long run,  if the Bruins want to go further,  he's not the answer. Need skill upfront. BTW can Colbourne be called ?  The Bruins brought 4 AHLer's and that's the max , my question can they change and choose another ?
    Posted by BsLegion

Agreed as well.. these two don't bring offensive talent.. How about Lethonen? Is he not ready? He really hasn't been given a chance..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Courtesy popopopo:
    T Whitfield
    D Sabourin
    A Wozniewski
    B Marchand
    A Bodnarchuk
    M Lehtonen
    Z Hamill
    J Lovecchio
    J Penner
    M Sauve

Those are the players that could play.  They are with the team, and presumably practicing with them (Globe blog rarely mentioned anyone past the top 20 when posting practice lineups).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

COKE OR PEPSI      ????

Cant replace Krejci now.The other good players must plug the hole.Unlike the TITANIC they should last more than a few hours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lehtonen lost his touch the second half of the season - I wouldn't go looking ot him for help.  Besides, both Whitfield and Marchand had better per-game numbers in Prov., so if you don't think they can cut it, what makes anyone think Mikko can? 

Colborne isn't eligible for the playoffs because of when he signed his contract.  Same for the other three who signed that day.  You'll notice the only guy on Dr. CC's list who played on a team other than Providence is Sauve, and that's 'cause he signed a long time ago.  If I have this right, this is basically a rule they put in place to keep the Oilers from parachuting in Reijo Routsalainnen (sp?) for the playoffs every year.  Guys have to be signed by a certain date. 

Savard has to find his top end game.  Hopefully Lucic and Satan bring it out - Lucic is getting his drive back, and Satan's doing a pretty good Kessel imitation.  Sobotka with Ryder and Wheeler had mojo against Buffalo - I still think Sobotka's good for Ryder.  That leaves Bergeron and Recchi with Paille or Begin or Marchand or Whitfield.  Pick one and put the other two on the 4th line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to whitfield or marchand?:
    id go with marchand with bergy and rex and paile on 4th line    or you could go with paille bergy rex  whitfield with begin and thorts wont hurt us    but i think you have to go with more offense and marchand i hope can bring more than paille      so ideally   savy luci statan   sob wheels ryder   rex bergy march   thorts paille begin     we can always switch if need be  knowing cluade he will probably go with whitfiled 
    Posted by bruins8

doubt it very much if they give marchand top line minutes with bergy and recchi while limiting paille to 4th line minutes . might happen but i'd be surprised if it did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: whitfield or marchand?:
    Courtesy popopopo: T Whitfield D Sabourin A Wozniewski B Marchand A Bodnarchuk M Lehtonen Z Hamill J Lovecchio J Penner M Sauve Those are the players that could play.  They are with the team, and presumably practicing with them (Globe blog rarely mentioned anyone past the top 20 when posting practice lineups).
    Posted by DrCC

The magic word is "presumably".  Nonetheless you are correct.  The point of saying Whitfield or Marchand is those two players have seen more NHL ice this regular season.  Whitfield has been chosen when a center has been out of the lineup during the regular season.  So this fan concludes that it is Whitfield.  Personally I do not like the player.  I'd rather have energy and youth than another long term AHLer.  The fact remains I am a cyber coach whose opinion is only shared in these spaces.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the b's need to bring in someone with some offensive upside....  time for Hamill to show what he can do....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

just win i have faith in whoever is out there they have been well schooled....go bruins

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Marchand and Whitfield will play hard but they are on the ice to just kill time so that the other guys can rest.

At least they are not a liability on the ice like lehtonen. Still a waste of a body to put on the ice. Zero offensive talent. Marchand reminds me of karsums and maybe a career AHL player

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

I go with Marchand;

I also like Sauve.  He did good in the pre-season and he got a couple of goals in Providence when he got there in April.  Is he still with the black aces in Boston??