who do you think is more nhl ready?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigM120. Show CraigM120's posts

who do you think is more nhl ready?

i'm just curious on who people think is more nhl ready hall or seguin? who will make an impact next year as a rookie? im guessing both with be an nhl roster but i think if the bruins get hall and hes put with savard, he will have a pretty big year. thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: who do you think is more nhl ready?

Both are NHL ready but both will go through a learning curve. Neither player is in the category of a Mario Lemieux or Alexander Ovechkin. They will have to get used to the pace of the game and both will struggle here and there as the season progresses. I believe both players will help their respective teams. As for which one will impact his team the most... I'd say whoever the Oilers take will be in the spotlight more as they want to put a face on the franchise next season. They're likely to use him in all situations at first just to get him out there so the fans can see him play. Some players strive on that, some fold. The character of both players will come to the surface because the demands on them will be different. The player the B's get may not be used in as many different situations or on the top two lines. The B's are deeper than the Oilers on special teams and they have solid forwards. The B's demand more defensive responsibility than the Oilers do which can have a negative impact on a young player who is used to being on the offensive most of the time. IMO neither player's full impact will be felt for a season or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Some scouts have Seguin a year behind Hall.  Which, if you look at it, is probably why some have him as the number one guy.   Since he scored at nearly the same pace as Hall, on a lesser team. 

Either way, it really won't be until year two or three that either guy emerges as NHL up-and-coming elite players.

But how can we lose with the young guys the Bruins currently have.  How many great players do they have 25 or under?  If they play their cards right, the future is extremely bright.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No question in my mind that Hall is more NHL ready then Seguin. Doesn't mean that Seguin won't play in the NHL next year though. Hall has played in more bigger games ( world jrs. and last years memorial cup ) in his career than Seguin. His team (Windsor) has gone deeper in the playoffs against stronger teams then Seguin has and he has excelled ( MVP of the Memorial Cup). But whichever player ends up with the Oilers will have a little tougher time showing his stuff then if he would have been drafted by the B's because of less talent surrounding him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Both player will play some games in the NHL next season ....Hall will turn 19 in Nov and Seguin only in Jan 2011 ....both players had 106 points playing in the same league,, I think Seguin can score more goals (scored 48) compare to Hall (40) ....the only reasin why the BRUINS would pick Hall is because he is a winger vs Seguin a C ......and the only reason why the B's could give an incentive (something like a 5 or 6th round pick) to the Oilers to move up 1st is they really want to make sure they get Hall ....on the other hand I am 99% sure that the Oilers are after Seguin (who is ranked no.1 by the Central scouting) but they wont tell cause they want to playa game knowing that the BRUINS want Hall ....if ever the BRUINS have to pick Seguin they will probably make a trade to get a winger cause we have too many C's  we just need a strong forward and Hall is the answer..........

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I would say Hall has a greater likelihood simply from the roles of a winger Vs that of a center.. There is a lot less responsibility on a wing then there is on a center...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Hall is more NHL ready than Seguin.  He's had a year more to develop and is probably a little more mature than Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: who do you think is more nhl ready?:
    I would say Hall has a greater likelihood simply from the roles of a winger Vs that of a center.. There is a lot less responsibility on a wing then there is on a center...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Agreed!  Hall likes the limelight and he's thrives on the big stage.

I think Hall is NHL ready and playing on the wing, like Roler says, makes it easier then the responsibilities of playing center and/or defense.