Who do you think will make it from the Baby B's from training cam?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Who do you think will make it from the Baby B's from training cam?

I'd say Caron, Suave, and obviously Seguin, have the best shots at making it.  Outside chance, Colborne.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Caron no doubt is ready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Seguin and thats all folks.  There will be call-ups during the season though.  The Bruins are pretty much set.

Whitfield/Paille should of went to St. Louis instead of  Sobotka.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Luc Berg Horton
    Sturm/Wheeler Krej Ryder
    Colborne Seguin Recchi/Knight
    Pail Caron Thorn

Sauve March

Savard gone...say it ain't so.

Too many variable yet, on signings of free agents, trades, there could be a complete overhaul by Sept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Why do people think Caron is ready I watched him at the World Jrs this year and was not impressed? He looks like a 3rd or 4th line grinder at best a couple years from now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure there are going to be any spots available when the dust settles.  If there are, I hope Seguin takes one of them.  I doubt there will be two.  It's pretty rare for kids to go straight from college to the NHL, so I expect Colborne to spend at least half the season in Providence learning the pro game.  It's also rare for players to go from the CHL straight to the pros, so I also expect Caron to make his start in Providence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

seguin, maybe colbourne

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will make it from the Baby B's from training cam?:
    I'm not sure there are going to be any spots available when the dust settles.  If there are, I hope Seguin takes one of them.  I doubt there will be two.  It's pretty rare for kids to go straight from college to the NHL, so I expect Colborne to spend at least half the season in Providence learning the pro game.  It's also rare for players to go from the CHL straight to the pros, so I also expect Caron to make his start in Providence.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My thoughts also . If more then one rookie forward made the lineup he'd have to have an awesome camp. Now things might change later in the season as injuries and the play of others on the big club dictate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Alexandrov and Seguin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Right now:

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Wheeler-Krejci-Seguin
    Ryder-Bergeron-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
    Stuart-Boychuk
    Ference-Hunwick

That's everyone under contract or expected to re-sign as an RFA (though I wouldn't be surprised if someone out-bid PC on Paille).  Sturm isn't even there let alone a rookie other than Seguin.

The pool of players who will get a legit shot at cracking the roster:

Colborne, Caron, Sauve, Marchand, and McQuaid.

This group will only have to approximate the contribution of low-hanging vets to break camp in Boston.  As former 1sts, you know the Bruins really want C+C to make the roster soon.  Sauve's wheels could land him a role, and Marchand and McQuaid will be given a chance to show what they learned in the longest auditions any of the prospects had. 

The pool of players who will have a shot, but who will have to blow the doors off:

Alexandrov, McQuaid, Bodnarchuk, Knight, Lehtonen, and yes, Hamill.

I think McQuaid will be the 7th D to start the season, and if Alexandrov plays really well in Providence, he might assume that role by the new year.  Bodnarchuk has an outside shot to be in that equation.  Knight is the kind of player who plays could get considered for a 9 game tryout.  Lehtonen and Hamill are running out of time.  I don't think the team expects anything from Lehtonen at the NHL level.  They haven't expected much from Hamill after the wrist injury, but this is the year he'll be pushed by younger players in the A.  It's put up or pack up for ZH, and I'm guessing they use NHL games to motivate him.  He wasn't totally lost in game 82.

Now, if any of these guys make it, the Bruins will have problems figuring out where to play them.  A Savard deal would open up a wing slot assuming they're moving Savard to accommodate Seguin.  Ryder can be sent to Providence if they can't find a taker.  Wheeler probably has some value on the trade market.  Ference and Hunwick should keep bags packed.   Thornton could split time with one or more of these guys.  And there will be injuries.

That enough variables for ya?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree with Bookboys lines. 

The Bruins seem to operate under the notion that any good center in junior/college can become a winger in the NHL since they continue to stockpile the center position.  Unless Savard is moved, expect Seguin to be a winger.  Colborne, Caron, Marchand, Knight, and Sauve will probably be be wingers too, despite playing center at lower levels.

I hope that the top line in Providence is:
    Colborne-Hamill-Caron

...with the possibility of them covering injuries in Boston through the season

Similarly, I hope that Alexandrov gets big minutes in Providence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

Lucic   Savard   Horton
    Recchi  Bergeron   Sequin
    Wheeler  Krecji   Ryder
    Thorton  Campbell Caron

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Except for Seguin it could be very difficult. Do not expect Kreji to be sadled with Ryder again. Look for Horton to be with Kreji and most probably Lucic. If Savvy stays it might be Savvy/Seguin/Wheeler if he is still there. Marchand will also be in the mix, along with McQuaid on defense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Caron won't make this team Alexandrov may make it...Seguin will make the team on either third or fourth line!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Only Seguin. 

The real question is who will work their way into the line up as call ups?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

With his 6 years of experience in the KHL as a top player, i'm expecting Alexandrov to make it in the lineup, if not out of camp, sometime during the season for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one has yet called me out for putting McQuaid in both the A and B pools.  Guess I just did it myself.

Thinking of Alexandrov, I think the plan is for him to concentrate on acclimating to the NA rink more than anything.  He's not a bruiser or an athletic freak, so playing smart angles and reading plays is important for him.  That's why I think he plays most if not all of the year in Providence or as the 7th D.  To do any more than that, I think someone in the top six has to really struggle for whatever reason, and he has to leapfrog McQuaid in terms of trust level with the coaching staff.  If we're talking a November call-up, I'd bet Kampfer or Bodnarchuk go up before Alex. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to:
    Only Seguin.  The real question is who will work their way into the line up as call ups? Posted by BadHabitude

This is where I think Caron will get his nose dirty like McQuaid did with all the injuries to the Dcorp last year. Injuries just might jetison him into play. Jordan will probably start in Providence but I hope he proves me wrong.

If PC loses Paille because of his cap management then I agree that I'd like to see Sauve a little on the PK with his wheels.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Lucic, Savard, Horton
    Seguin, Krejci, Ryder
    Sturm/Paille, Bergeron, Recchi
    Thornton, Campbell, anyone but Wheeler

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Alex was a surprise to come from K and his 2way contract with a low 62500 in Ahl, I would think that Pc promised some NHL time for him to have signed, we will see.

I like Ryder's shot and he works harder than he gets credit but he isn't scoring. I see him a Dec trade to make room for youth when his salary isn't as hard to dump if he doesn't pump up the volume.

Watching youth last year I thought LoVecchio would have been better as well as Hamil, MacDermid, Nelson, Knack and Lehtonnen did not cut it.

Room has to be made in Ahl and possibly Nhl for Caron, Colborne, Sauve, Riendeau, Arniel, Knight and Spooner(both should be brought out of Jr), Button will be finished junior as well.

Chudinov and Trotman are both 20 year olds 1 in Univ and the other in Khl, we will not see them this year.

We have too many signed players or free agents that if signed will be kept above our youth, they either need to be moved or our youth will be sitting in junior when they could be up.

Sturm should be gone at first available opportunity.
    Thorn should also be let go or dress only against the other teams that dress their fighters about a quarter of the season.
    Ryder at Xmas if not producing.
    Ferrence if he misses 1 game(sick of injuries), he is solid most nights but needs to improve.
    Hunwick if he doesn't get his movement and groove back.
    Savard only if we get quality back and not Kaberle.
    March needs a true shot or let him become the next Versteeg, because he has the talent.
    Pail and Campbell let em go if not head and shoulders above our youth, I want to see our prospects get true shots.

TT is needed, Rask is not fully ready and if injury comes down we don't want Auld for 40 games +.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will make it from the Baby B's from training cam?:
    I agree with Bookboys lines.  The Bruins seem to operate under the notion that any good center in junior/college can become a winger in the NHL since they continue to stockpile the center position.  Unless Savard is moved, expect Seguin to be a winger.  Colborne, Caron, Marchand, Knight, and Sauve will probably be be wingers too, despite playing center at lower levels. I hope that the top line in Providence is: Colborne-Hamill-Caron ...with the possibility of them covering injuries in Boston through the season Similarly, I hope that Alexandrov gets big minutes in Providence.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Why do you want Alexandrov to get lots of minute in Providence when he has been playing in a league at higher level for the last 5 years?  If he is sent to Providence it will be so he can adjust to the North American game and put on some weight.  You do not put on weight when your playing alot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Alex was a surprise to come from K and his 2way contract with a low 62500 in Ahl, I would think that Pc promised some NHL time for him to have signed, we will see. I like Ryder's shot and he works harder than he gets credit but he isn't scoring. I see him a Dec trade to make room for youth when his salary isn't as hard to dump if he doesn't pump up the volume. Watching youth last year I thought LoVecchio would have been better as well as Hamil, MacDermid, Nelson, Knack and Lehtonnen did not cut it. Room has to be made in Ahl and possibly Nhl for Caron, Colborne, Sauve, Riendeau, Arniel, Knight and Spooner(both should be brought out of Jr), Button will be finished junior as well.  Chudinov and Trotman are both 20 year olds 1 in Univ and the other in Khl, we will not see them this year. We have too many signed players or free agents that if signed will be kept above our youth, they either need to be moved or our youth will be sitting in junior when they could be up. Sturm should be gone at first available opportunity. Thorn should also be let go or dress only against the other teams that dress their fighters about a quarter of the season. Ryder at Xmas if not producing. Ferrence if he misses 1 game(sick of injuries), he is solid most nights but needs to improve. Hunwick if he doesn't get his movement and groove back. Savard only if we get quality back and not Kaberle. March needs a true shot or let him become the next Versteeg, because he has the talent. Pail and Campbell let em go if not head and shoulders above our youth, I want to see our prospects get true shots. TT is needed, Rask is not fully ready and if injury comes down we don't want Auld for 40 games +.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Ryder at his best has no accuracy at all, he just kind of shoots at random or general area.  Everyone made a huge deal of this "great" save by Ward against Ryder, but watch closely - is it as much of a case of Ryder shooting it INTO Ward's pads as it is Ward making the save?  Look how much net Ryder had to shoot at, and into the pads it goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Caron no doubt is ready.
    Posted by wallydouglas

I haven't seen enough to really disagree/agree with you, but what makes you say it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Aexandrov only makes this team if stuart isnt hear, hes not ready, and he is undersized.. He needs to spend some time getting used to the NA game..

BB, Paille wont be resigned.. I would think Marchand is most likely to take that spot out of camp though..

For everyone bashing whitfield, hes not on the team with the intent of being a bruin, but a reliable fill in, as in the play offs when typical rookie mistakes would not be forgiveable..If he is on the B's roster come this fall that will tell you something is seriously wrong with PC's plan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you think will make it from the Baby B's from training cam? : Why do you want Alexandrov to get lots of minute in Providence when he has been playing in a league at higher level for the last 5 years?  If he is sent to Providence it will be so he can adjust to the North American game and put on some weight.  You do not put on weight when your playing alot.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Well, Alexandrov has been playing big minutes in the KHL, and I just don't think that cutting back his minutes big time is good for his development whereever he is.  The Bruins can't just say "You can only play 10 minutes a game because you need to gain weight".  They should get him set up on a strict strength and conditioning program in Providence to put on some muscle, while at the same time giving him enough minutes to get used to the NA game (powerplay, shorthanded, etc.).  It is definitely doable.