who does savard bump now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

who does savard bump now???

would have otherwise said satan should sit when savvy comes back. does this goal mean his job is safe? if not satan...I can only say thornton or wheeler....thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

Re: who does savard bump now???

In Response to who does savard bump now???:
    would have otherwise said satan should sit when savvy comes back. does this goal mean his job is safe? if not satan...I can only say thornton or wheeler....thoughts?
    Posted by macdogcharm

How would you do that? Move Sobotka to wing? He's been playing great, hate to see him get pushed out, but he's here because of Savvy being out, isn't he? Anyway it's a good problem to have, I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Thornton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

yea...has to be thornton. at least wheeler can kill penalties. not exactly sure what it is thornton does

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

With play of tonight and lines used at end it would be Luc Sav & Beg with beg taking faceoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Nobody. Let Savvy take more time to get into shape, the B's have plenty or breathing room now. As long as the B's are winning, let him recovery 105%

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: who does savard bump now???:
    marco sturm.....hes been invisible and can't find the net, sobotka to the wing
    Posted by pbergeron37

Sturm has been silent but he's steaky . He could break out at any moment.
    he's still doing a great job on the PK , he's not useless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleadbet. Show bleadbet's posts

i feel like you guys are joking. I would only run three lines right now til Savard gets back. Sturm is one of the worst players in the nhl. I would go with any combo of the top six of bergy, ryder, krecji, luc, sobotka and rec. then the next three would be begin, thornton and paille. at least then people will play hard. despite satans goal he still is awful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

i feel like you guys are joking. I would only run three lines right now til Savard gets back. Sturm is one of the worst players in the nhl. I would go with any combo of the top six of bergy, ryder, krecji, luc, sobotka and rec. then the next three would be begin, thornton and paille. at least then people will play hard. despite satans goal he still is awful
    Posted by bleadbet

You are in idiot. Why do you think Satan was open for the game winning goal? Why was Miller unable to get over in time to try for the save? Because there were two Sabres hovering around the net. Why were they there? Because Sturm was there.

It was a double-OT power play, yet he still managed to pull TWO of the four defenders over to him, freeing up the B's to win the game.

But you are right, he's awful, useless, invisible, the worst in the NHL.

Try watching a game instead of looking at the scoresheet before acting like you know what you are talking about.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

If assists were awarded for who most helped the scorer get the goal, then Sturm would have assisted on the game-winner. But instead it goes by who touched the puck with their stick, so it went to Rask.

I understand rules are rules, but that goal never happens without Ryder and Sturm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Savard bumps no one, he's not ready yet.  I don't see him back for 7-10 days minimum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree that now that the Bruins lead 3-1 there is no need urgency to bring him back but if i had to pick someone it would be Thornton.  I did not like when he had Myers at his mercy and put on the break instead of finishing his check.  I mean he is there for 2 reasons...fight and finish your checks.  If he doesn't do any of those 2 things we don't need him in the line up!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

the bruins are on a roll,concussions are/can be a dangerous career ending injury,the b,s are 1 game outa 3 from ending this seris   he practices,gets in shape & then plays in series 2 if hes 110% fit to play   4th line/PP with begin,satan sitting thorthon for the time bein   & please get boychuk some more PP time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

If/When we reach the next round Savvy comes back... You sit Thornton and move Begin to wing with Sobotka centering that line... if you limit Savvy's ice time that you keep Sobotka with Wheeler & Ryder and plug Savvy in at select times.. ie PP, Offensive zone draws. If you have no fear that Savvy is rusty then you gotta have him out there.
    Maybe even Luc could use a night or two ala Kessel 2 years ago watching the game upstairs. Had a couple nice shifts in OT last night, but outside of that man he has struggled.

Any word on Stuart or Seidendberg coming back next round if/when we make it there?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Thorton sits, and move Lucic to the 4th line

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleadbet. Show bleadbet's posts

Sturm is a joke. He made one play, which happened to be a game winner. To that point in the game he did nothing. For that matter to that point in the series he did nothing. Sturm has two moves: he goes on the rush and takes a wrist shot from the point or he makes a pass to the middle when nobody is around. He is pathetic. I am a supporter of management and think that Marco Sturm is by far the worst player on the team. Don't tell me to watch the games either. I don't miss any of them. I was at the game last night and will be at game 6 assuming there is one. Marco Sturm is the worst person.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

He won't be back this series unless there is a game 7..I don't like Strum but he is better than Thorton, gotta be Thorton with Savy on the Fourth line til he Gets in game shape

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Sturm? - You can't because of the $$ he makes and if the B's make it to the second round, somebody else is going to have to pick up the scoring and he has a chance and ability.

Sobotoka - NFW!! He stays and he shouldn't even be considered. He is the reason they need extra ice in the Sabres dressing room.

Wheeler - Yep, he lost a couple races to the puck last night again, that led to Sabre chances.

Thornton - I like him, but this isn't his time of year and he has only scored once all season.

Wheeler might need a view from the press box again. Last visit it lit a fire under his behind. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Have to sit Thornton and let Lucic take on Mr. Sluggo role if need be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I wouldn't move Savard in till game six in front of the hometown crowd if it is needed.   Ideally we win game 5 without Savard and he has that extra week or more to get further into game shape for Caps/Pens.   

Game 4 was a total team win.   Everyone played either good or great, for both teams.   If we sit Thorton who gets little ice time as it is, then who's ice time to Savard eat up and how does it affect the line combinations?   Perhaps use him for PP and a reduced even strength role so that he can get is legs back under him and minimize the risk of another hard blow to the head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

With play of tonight and lines used at end it would be Luc Sav & Beg with beg taking faceoffs.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Agree on Bergeron being on the right wing with Savard. These series, he has become the go to guy it seems. Another player i would look to be on the top line is Recchi. His presence is priceless and has been a big part of their success.

Recchi-Savard-Bergeron
    Sturm-Krejci-Satan
    Lucic-Sobotka-Ryder
    Paille-Begin-Thorton

I rather see Wheeler sit. He has been credited with 1-HIT the whole series. At times he has been a ghost.

Everyone is calling for Thorton's tail but i beg to differ. I still think that he plays an intimidation factor to opposing teams. Leaving Wheeler will just make the roster non-effective on the physical end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

They must keep Satan on the team. In the playoffs we need players who are good with the puck more than good players without the puck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Wheeler brings way more to the table than thornton.Sure he isn't scoring and he dosnt hit,but he wins allot of battles in the corner to keep a good cycle going and he is always planted right in front of Miller. Thornton on the other had is to slow to hit,score,defend and so on.
    Posted by jenken14

I beg to differ!  Wheeler lost a lot of close foot races last night that resulted in teh Sabres keeping the puck in the B's end for long periods of time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Wheeler wins allot more battles than Thornton does and he brings a allot more offence to the table He also kills penalties.tell one thing that Thronton brings.
    Posted by jenken14

intimidation

Sections
Shortcuts