who does savard bump now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: who does savard bump now???

Can't say much about Thornton's play other than he is not on the ice a whole lot.   Begin is the man to go.  Begin has thump but not scoring ability whatsoever. Sobotka's play is exemplary.  He has great hands and has a mean streak.  Savard on the fourth line is the logical place in this series as noted above.  

Do not place Bergeron on wing yet.  Recchi and Bergeron read off each other to well to mess with the chemistry. 

Savard, IMO, is not available unless absolutely necessary.  I am superstitious at this point to be anymore detailed.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: who does savard bump now???:
      how is he intimidating three steps behind the play there is very little fighting in the playoffs and he doesn't hit. If you call 5 hits 0 fights intimidating then you are right.
    Posted by jenken14

Jenken, 
    Remember you Dave Brown. Some former NHL players have said of him. Even if he was sitting on the bench, He just needed to lean forward, and to look towards an opponent for to calm him.

Dave Brown
    The only NHL player who has the reputation of having never lost a fight.

During altercations, if you notice Chara. He has somewhat the same effect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Wheeler...slide Sobotka to wong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDelReport. Show TheDelReport's posts

Thorton sits, and move Lucic to the 4th line
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I would have to agree. Thornton is the definite swap here, and Lucic is better suited for the 4th line. But, I would have to echo the other posters and not bring Savard back until the 2nd round. Work on getting his legs back under him, and then unveil him...

Check out my recap at http://thedelreport.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Don`t break your head, Thornton will be there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Have to say that there is absolutely NO need to rush Savy back at this point. Why risk re-injuring him with any kind of head shot that could jeopardise his future?  The B's are doing well without him and appear to be on the brink of making it past the first round...If they flounder in the next series offensively ( assuming they get past the Sabres), only then IMO should they consider bringing him back.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton OUT ....he cant follow the pace anymore....doesnt fight doesnt hit...so why would we need him in the line up ??? To score goals ????

Satan has had so many important goals in the last 10 games ....I am not a fan but u gotta give him what he has ...the scoring instinct...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Sturm is a joke. He made one play, which happened to be a game winner. To that point in the game he did nothing. For that matter to that point in the series he did nothing. Sturm has two moves: he goes on the rush and takes a wrist shot from the point or he makes a pass to the middle when nobody is around. He is pathetic. I am a supporter of management and think that Marco Sturm is by far the worst player on the team. Don't tell me to watch the games either. I don't miss any of them. I was at the game last night and will be at game 6 assuming there is one. Marco Sturm is the worst person.
    Posted by bleadbet

Another three post wonder using words like pathetic and joke to describe a professional athlete that makes more money in a week than said poster would in ten years. I'm not thrilled with Sturm lately either but my team is up 3 games to 1 and I don't care who is on the ice and who scores the goals. Final score = win and I'm happy. Stop your ranting and go back to one of your other user names because this one has already lost all credibility. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

You DO NOT sit a guy like Thornton in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Thornton OUT ....he cant follow the pace anymore....doesnt fight doesnt hit...so why would we need him in the line up ??? To score goals ???? Satan has had so many important goals in the last 10 games ....I am not a fan but u gotta give him what he has ...the scoring instinct... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

What did he have 22 fights this year? You're a moron and you always were.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

In Response to Re: who does savard bump now??? : Sturm has been silent but he's steaky . He could break out at any moment. he's still doing a great job on the PK , he's not useless.
    Posted by BsLegion

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

In Response to Re: who does savard bump now??? :
    Posted by salsa-kid

Thornton

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to who does savard bump now???:
    would have otherwise said satan should sit when savvy comes back. does this goal mean his job is safe? if not satan...I can only say thornton or wheeler....thoughts?
    Posted by macdogcharm

Saw this post from a few days ago.  It will be interesting to see who sits and how much ice time SAVARD gets his first game back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

You have to sit Thornton unless you want him to send another message to Cooke since I fully expect them to be playing Pittsburgh.  If Thornton dresses you probably  have to sit either Wheeler or Begin but thats a tough call because they both are needed on the PK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Sorry -- I just like Thornton's energy. May not have the skill but still drives to the net and may be ready to poke one home soon. Opposition clearly takes less liberties when he is present.

Wheeler could go into the corner with a dozen eggs and come out with nothing broken. I can handle all the missed breakaways but how many gimme open nets can you flub before you are deemed comatose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's got to be between Sturm and Wheeler. IMHO it's Sturm. He could use a rest or should I say we all could use a rest from seeing him fail miserably.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

I say Thornton....guy is awful....clocking in at a minus 2...wheeler is -4 but you can still use him on both PP and PK....you don't need a fighter in the playoffs.....everyone will stick up for eachother....you do not see too many fights in the playoffs (anyone have stats to prove me wrong).

Personally I just think Thornton is terrible. I dont care if he drinks 10 redbulls and is the most amped up player on the ice... I still think we are worse when he is taking up a roster spot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

thornton

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

play thorthon games 1 & 3 where physical statements are made & play wheeler the rest of the games unless a physical altercation arises where you need thorthons presence....philly will be a tough match up without thorthon in the lineup.....you cant take sturm outa the line up with his play off the puck, speed with it, & reliable defensively  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

keep Thorts in to start series, sit Wheels .... if series gets really close, maybe sit 
    Thorts... savvy will be a target otherwise 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

keep Thorts in to start series, sit Wheels .... if series gets really close, maybe sit  Thorts... savvy will be a target otherwise 
    Posted by Griswal65

I dont think people are looking at this from a positional standpoint...Wheeler is a wing and savard is a center...

How would the lines be worked out with wheeler on the bench? They aren't going to sit their leading scorer (sturm) just because he has had a string of bad games ...

Plus how the hell would having thorton in the game help savard? they are both centers and play on different lines..

Sit thorton - put Looch and Savard together and try to get Johnny B/Chara out there if you are really that worried about savard

To be honest, I think savard has enough respect in this league and have a feeling no-one is going to be trying to knock him out with a sucker punch inbetween plays - if they do - we have two very scary guys in Lucic and Chara who can take care of savvy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

If its the Flyers, we will need thornton. So, Sit Wheeler or Sturm. Your choice.

If its the Pens and I watched all the of the Pens first round series. They don't EVER retaliate and concentrate on playing hockey. Sit Thornton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Even though sturm has not had like a single point thus far he has made a difference by crashing the net. He had alot to do with the Satan OT goal for example.

The guy gets you the plus stats which could be said is almost as good as a pt.

I'd leave him in there.

Thornton should sit and after him i rather sit wheeler before sturm. That guy with his size and speed hasn't been able to do anything in the league so far

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

I agree you play Thornton if it is Philly because they have Carcillo and a few other guys who like to rough it up and you sit either Begin, put Sobatka on the 4th line, or sit Wheeler. If it is Pittsburg sit Thornton and put Wheeler on the 4th line and move Sobatka to left wing with Ryder and Savard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If its the Flyers, we will need thornton. So, Sit Wheeler or Sturm. Your choice. If its the Pens and I watched all the of the Pens first round series. They don't EVER retaliate and concentrate on playing hockey. Sit Thornton.
    Posted by bluefox70

BlueFox good post I was just thinking it had to be Thornton or Sturm but this logic takes it a step further.  Also I agree with the poster who pointed out that Sobotka should stay at Center while Savard plays on a line with Begin who will take the faceoffs.  I would say that this approach should be used for game 1 and probably game 2 adjustments will have to be made on the fly after that.

Sections
Shortcuts