Who else Wants the Habs to win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Who else Wants the Habs to win

They are up 1-0 in the series and wining 3-1 in game 2.  As much as I hate rooting for the Habs, them knocking off Washington would be pretty sweet, and beneficial to the Bruins.  I have a feeling New Jersey are going to get upset in the first round, If Montreal and Boston both win the first round as well, that would set up Boston to play a #7 seed in the second round.  Any scenario involving Montreal beating Washington would set up Boston with a very winnable second round opponent if they get by Buffalo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: Who else Wants the Habs to win

What are you crazy? What kind of a Bruins fan are you!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The kind who would rather see Montreal win one series in the playoffs to give Boston a halfway decent chance of making to the conference finals, rather than see them lose and have Boston get swept by Washington or Pittsburgh in 4 games if they get by the first round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

You gotta beat good teams along the way. Coast in against lesser teams and hit a wall when you do get a strong team or beat a strong team and get all kinds of confidence allowing you to beat anyone. I refuse to cheer for the Habs. If we have to beat Washington along the way. So be it. Go Caps! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, why can't you have your cake and eat it, too?

Habs go up 3 games to none. 

Hab fans go nuts.

Then Caps win 4 straight in a hard fought series where they beat the stuffing out of each other.

Hab fans jump out of windows.

Caps are eliminated in the next series because the bruises won't heal until July.

Its a win - win - win scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Cheering for the Habs is sickening and any true Bruins fan would never do it, no matter the circumstances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nashoba33. Show Nashoba33's posts

You are not a bruins fan if you root for the habs. The habs are the biggest snakes in all of sports. I would rather have the caps win than have a snake team win. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would never root for those sob's I live in Montreal and I am sick and tired ...I did not turn on the radio nor the TV since they won their 1st game ...u dont know how it is here ...after a win the walk in the streets with their clown shirts and talk about the Stanley Cup ...they have 3   one hour prime time tv shows on the habs 5 days a week ....12 months a year...the best thing that happens is when they lose....just like last year BRUINS in 4 ....that was heaven for me...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The Habs winning makes it easier for a team like the Bruins to make a run at the cup.How do you think the Scabs won in 93' all the top teams fell early in that season almost guaranteeing the cup for Montreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hate the Capitols they haven't earned the right to think of themselves as the best team in the league No Cups. Because it will help Boston's cause yes i'm rooting Habs in this series. I can drop my hatred for a team if it helps teams that I root for.

I don't have as strong a dislike of the Habs anymore like I did in the 70s, 80s or 90s because there just not a threat to make a real strong run at the cup anymore. The Habs can win this series because there goaltending is less shody than the Caps horrible goaltending.

More importantly I threw some money down on Montreal to upset Washington early last week in Vegas so there you have it.

So yes go toilet seat Christmas Tree lookin Habs! Money mouth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

the path of least resistance is my only thought when thinking of this series... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Sorry sandog, but to actually bet on Montreal to win a series tells me you are not really a bruins' fan.
    The closest I have ever come to hoping for a hab's win, was this year when they played Toronto, and I could not even watch those games.
    I wish you nothing but bad luck in cheering for your habs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

yes you have to beat good teams along the way but if the Bs can get a miracle matchup, they might be able to get savard and siedenberg back for the conference finals

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No way !!!! P*ssed that they got into the playoffs , don't want to here those stupid OLE` and NA NA NA songs . Go Caps !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Caps will destroy Habs.. i hope

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

caps are overrated. they lucked out last night do to a montreal collapse and stupid penalties late in the game. they're playing like the 8 seed-not the 1 seed. they lucked out last yr too when they came back down 3-1 to a bad rangers team who choked and handed the next 3 games to washington on a silver platter. ovi is the efing ugliest player in the nhl. and last yr ovi and co. got exposed for the frauds they were last yr in game 7-where they got destroyed by sid the kid. ovi was sent to tears afterwards...same thing will happen this yr.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

I live in Montreal and wouldn't root for those sob's!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

guys dont get ahead of yourselves yet we still need to win 3 more games but i hate the habs but i would rathar play them or any lower seed team then washington and new jersey

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

without reading all the replies here, I for one H8e the habs, but ovie and washington i am begiing to even more along with pittsburg and crosby. Ovie is a showboat who rides the lines waiting for his team to do all the work to make him look good. Crosby altho the hero for canada at the olympics, watching him crosscheck the ottawa player twice in the boards and no calls and certainly wont get a suspension. i just despise players who take advantage of that unwritten rule the nhl has.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I tried to go for the HABS Saturday night but just not going to happen. My wifes' brothers are all HAB fans and sure don't see them going for Boston so why should I route on the Canadiens. I just want WSH to win in 7 and they play so hard that their is no energy left for round 2. Hopefully the Bruins will make it to the 2nd rd. and play who ever it takes to get to the promise land.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to Re: Who else Wants the Habs to win:
    guys dont get ahead of yourselves yet we still need to win 3 more games but i hate the habs but i would rathar play them or any lower seed team then washington and new jersey
    Posted by bigjeezy

Let's call that coward, Bruins have to face good teams... to win with honor!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Stuck somewhere in no mans land Saturday and the game 4-1 Habs I had this weird feeling and no it was Go Habs Go ! It was , oh boy here we go again !
    I did predict the Habs to win in 6 but if they go win,  who will stop them ? 
    Maybe only Jersey and I don't think they get past the Flyers.
    Pens ?  Yeah maybe but Fleury is shaky these playoffs (although good game yesterday).
    Anyways,  don't wish for the Habs to win because they will and it might be all the way to the final.
    My prediction for them to beat the Caps was just a money bet, did you see the odds ??? On this thought my color was green.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I can't root for Washington, I hope they lose for the pure fact that they're not an all around solid team yet they win because of their offensive firepower. I can't stand Ovechkin, he's one of the dirtiest players in the league yet him, Colin Campbell and Bruce Bodreau brush it off as "high intensity and recklessness". I've hated Theodore since he was a Hab, and Mike Green is a dud in the playoffs and I wouldn't say he's a defensive liability but if he wins a Norris in his career it won't be for defense.
    Let's hope for Montreal in 7, then they run into Pittsburgh and get wiped out in 4. Also hope for a 7 game beating between New Jersey and Philadelphia to which Philadelphia wins but gets wiped out by us. 

I know, the odds on all of this happening is low but all you need is a strong Halak and some chip in goals for Montreal and a weak Brodeur for New Jersey. I see Pittsburgh winning in 6 because of their goaltending advantage over Ottawa along with Crosby and Malkin.

The Bruins have shown in games 1 & 2 that they can match blows with Buffalo, let's hope Ryder can keep up scoring and we get a few lucky bounces. This series is ours as long as Rask holds strong and the scoring remains consistent. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What I want is a Hab-Bruin next round matchup and see the Capitols choke!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

not me with the habs were going against the Ruskies in the 70's I was actually rooting for Russian!

Sections
Shortcuts