Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season?

I won't say who I think is the worst. I'm just currious to see what you guys have to say. I know I have a few on my list, but havnt really reached a full blown conclusion.

GAME ON!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season?

Whitfield. He shows and does nothing on the ice. He's even more useless than Wideman, and that takes effort.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have 3.
    1) Wideman
    2) Wideman
    3) Wideman

Technically, this is one choice for worst player, but it is so significant it is worth mentioning 3 times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Wideman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

In Response to Re: Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season?:
    [QUOTE]Whitfield. He shows and does nothing on the ice. He's even more useless than Wideman, and that takes effort.
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

At least Whitfield wasn't someone we were expecting a performance from though.  For Christsake, I'd never even heard of the guy.

Wideman however has been a bum.  Either him or Mark Recchi.  They both look terrible out there.  The Wheels Krejci Ryder combo is totally underperforming.  Sturm has been brutal.  These guys all look lost at an NHL level. 

The only ones who look good out there really are our goalies along with Bergeron, and maybe Derrek Morris.  Steve Begin has looked pretty good as well.

You would think that with injuries to guys like Savard and Lucic, there would be younger guys stepping up their play, to try and prove their worth and help get some much needed W's, but so far Bergy has really been the only one.  I mean come on, our top scoring player only has 9 points!!  I've been a B's fan all my life through thick and thin, but this is pathetic.  To go from the best and highest scoring team in the Eastern Conference, to this is brutal.  This team needs to play with a little HEART.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

no question before he got hurt it was lucic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

1) Wideman
    2) Rechhi
    3) Ryder

Lucic was completely sleeping at the wheel before the injury.
    Sturm and Krejci are underperforming, but at least, you can say one didn't play last season so it might takes time to get it back. The other one didn't have pre-season camp and might needs time to shape up too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

As for the Wheeler, Krecji, Ryder line....they have only been together for a few games due to the significant injuries to our 1st line players.  Injuries to Looch and Savard have really affected the offence and let me tell you why.  Last season other teams would put their strongest defensive line out against our top line of Looch Savy and Kessel.  That gave the Wheeler, Krejci, Ryder line soooooo much more time and space when they were on the ice because they really came together as a unit last year and in turn put up great numbers playing against other teams #2 line.  Leave this line together and they will get back to what they were doing last season...putting up some points!! This year the line combinations have been all over the place which doesn't allow players to get comfortable with their linemates.  In my humble opinion CHARA has been our worst player....he is showing NO leadership and he is wearing the "C"!!!!  He is big and strong and should be carrying this team on his shoulders right now and leading by example...show me some heart big fella and for christ sakes, hit something!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This has become two questions - worst player period, and worst when compared to expectations.  Hard to argue that Wideman is struggling, but purely vs. expectations, I'm with scottm50 - Chara's bar is much higher, and he seems just as vulnerable as Wideman some nights.  On highlight reels, I keep seeing that tree in front of the Bruins net staring vacantly around after the other team scores.  At least he hasn't wiped out his partner for no apparent reason yet.

But Whitfield is easily the worst player to take the ice with a B on his chest.  I've always sort of liked Whitfield going back to his draft year.  He's one of those players that came out as 'captain material', but he just doesn't have the talent.  Good get for Providence in terms of showing rooks how to be professionals.  And to be fair to him, he's in Boston because he knows his responsibilities not because he's going to make an impact.  He'll eat some ice time and hopefully not get pinned deep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The worst player on a poor performing team.... tough question.  Wideman has not played well since the Carolina playoff series.  Ryder lost his verve and skates like he did with Montreal... he does not hit because he is not moving the feet.  The best players have not performed well at all.  Savard was just starting to play better before the injury, TT was not sharp, Chara was like last year in the beginning; the elite players were not stepping up.  Hockey remains the toughest sport to play.  If you don't play as a team, you lose.  Thus after Wideman, Ryder, the worst has been the coaching.  Sorry Claude! Defense is a key but you need to score goals to win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Wideman has not been the D he was last year and is struggling but Krejic is the worst as far as not living up to his talant. The last time Savy went down Krejic came through and looked like he could be a 1st line centre, but this season it has not been there. The injury is no excuse or is the lack of preseason becuase he was skating all the time during the summer and was in shape. It looks like he is playing not to get hurt and this hampers his abilities. When Dave goes out and plays without fear he can be one of our best, but because he's not he is our worst. Maybe after the rest from having swine flu he may get better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Dennis Wideman is an abomination on skates

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Wideman is the worst.  Ference is right behind him.  If they both left town, I'd raise a drink or two..............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgentilcore. Show mgentilcore's posts

No question about it  WIDEMAN  Where has this guy been all year!!  Come on man.  And can he please hit the net with one of his shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I really don't understand all the Ference hate

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't understand all the Ference hate
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Actually I cannot either, he is a small guy who plays well when he is healthy.  I guess that is the question. Someone pointed out the stats over the past ten games and Ference is doing just fine.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]No question about it  WIDEMAN  Where has this guy been all year!!  Come on man.  And can he please hit the net with one of his shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by mgentilcore[/QUOTE]

My brother and I watched him the other night.  Wow he misses the net most times, unlike last year.  Maybe the coaching staff should abandon the hit the glass behind the net for the opportunity to score theory.  Ha.  Wideman is an enigma.  He needs to wake up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season? : My brother and I watched him the other night.  Wow he misses the net most times, unlike last year.  Maybe the coaching staff should abandon the hit the glass behind the net for the opportunity to score theory.  Ha.  Wideman is an enigma.  He needs to wake up!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Without getting into the "worst player" vote, I agree that last year he was very accurate with some timely goals, and put a lot of rubber on net. He's already missed quite a few chances this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

ummmmmmmm 1)wideman- lack of focuss  2)chara- lack of intesity  3)ference-gives the puck away to many times ,but lately is getting on track slowly getting off my sh** list ..lets go bruins

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Hands down Boychuk! has to be if he cant even crack this top 6 defense....right CJ? 

this post has bee written in "tongue in cheek"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

His name rhymes with Rideman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Neither do I.  At least he manages the puck well, unlike WIDEMAN.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who has been the worst player for the Bruins this season? : no guestions asked - Square Head Sperm
    Posted by epavao[/QUOTE]

Invisible again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Denise Wideman is horrible in every aspect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think part of it is that nearly every game he either looses the puck at the blue line or takes a shot that gets blocked and ends up as a rush in the other direction.  That kind of thing really sticks in the heads of fans.  His recent solid defensive zone play, not so much.

Sections
Shortcuts