Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year???

i know some of you will say Patrice, but i think TT has played strong so far.  His record would be decent if we could score in front of him!

Honorable mention to Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year???

I disagree with you about as much as one possibly can, respectfully, of course. Thomas had a couple really good games recently, but he has looked really dreadful in a couple games too. Hes been particularly floppy lately, like that goal where datsyuk passed it behind him against detroit, or when he completely got pulled out of the net against the habs. There were the two awful goals against the devils...despite a decent GAA, he hasn't been anywhere close to the bruins best player, in fact, I don't think he has been the bruins best goalie. I also think that Wheeler, although he is starting to show improvements, had a very slow start.
    I like the choice of bergeron, I like the honorable mention to Stuart, but think that Morris should be considered in this conversation. Really, those are the only three guys that have been completely consistant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Agreed on Morris, but if you look at TT and Tuuka- there stats are almost identical, except that TT has played twice as much and against the better competition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Thomas, Morris, Bergeron

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Bergeron gets my vote ,,savy cause of injury gets 2nd,S begin 3rd 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Thomas has single handedly cost us a game this year...no1 can argue that the devils game was not his fault...Rask has done no such thing this year. Honestly I've watched Rask very closely, and although he had gotten sniped a couple times, I honsetly can't remember a goal when its obvious that "its on tuukka," I've seen a lot on Thomas that were clearly "on Thomas"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Bergeron and Rask

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year???:
    [QUOTE]I disagree with you about as much as one possibly can, respectfully, of course. Thomas had a couple really good games recently, but he has looked really dreadful in a couple games too. Hes been particularly floppy lately, like that goal where datsyuk passed it behind him against detroit, or when he completely got pulled out of the net against the habs. There were the two awful goals against the devils...despite a decent GAA, he hasn't been anywhere close to the bruins best player, in fact, I don't think he has been the bruins best goalie. I also think that Wheeler, although he is starting to show improvements, had a very slow start. I like the choice of bergeron, I like the honorable mention to Stuart, but think that Morris should be considered in this conversation. Really, those are the only three guys that have been completely consistant.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree with you more, and even if I didn't have this name I would be disagreeing with you.  I will say that Thomas has looked a little more erratic than usual this season, but he's getting the job done, no one can deny that.  If the offense could actually score some goals, he would have a better record than indicated.

1) Bergeron
    2) Morris
    3) Thomas/Rask
    4) Begin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I will go with BruinsFan084evr.

First, the Gerry Cheevers avatar is great.

Second, Bergeron was the better man on the ice for Boston so far, and by far.
    Played physical, won battles for puck in the corner, won many face-offs, did great passes, renewed with scoring touch etc....he's the man he was before meeting Randy Jones.

Next: Marc Savard....the best playmaker, the brain, the hockey sense, the steady production...he's second because of the injury.

Third one : Bégin. I mean, he hits, he did great passes too and he's forcing the game. Think of him as a good guy in the locker room too.

The best of list could include Morris, both goalies and Wheeler. It's true that Blake was totally lost in some games, but improved radically in the recent matchs.

The worst ??  Wideman, Lucic (before the injury), Sturm (lack of opportunism), Ryder (lack of everything), Krejci (was just beginning to look more confortable before Swine flu), and Chara.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It would have been Savard he was absolutely on fire and was playing with a hurt foot. Since Savvy went down Mark Stuart gets honorable mention especially lately and just getting nastier with each game too.

But where would Boston be without Patrice Bergeron!? Finally getting the ice time he deserves to have. He and Morris are the smartest Bruins night in and night out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE] I will go with BruinsFan084evr. First, the Gerry Cheevers avatar is great. Second, Bergeron was the better man on the ice for Boston so far, and by far. Played physical, won battles for puck in the corner, won many face-offs, did great passes, renewed with scoring touch etc....he's the man he was before meeting Randy Jones. Next: Marc Savard....the best playmaker, the brain, the hockey sense, the steady production...he's second because of the injury. Third one : Bégin. I mean, he hits, he did great passes too and he's forcing the game. Think of him as a good guy in the locker room too. The best of list could include Morris, both goalies and Wheeler. It's true that Blake was totally lost in some games, but improved radically in the recent matchs. The worst ??  Wideman, Lucic (before the injury), Sturm (lack of opportunism), Ryder (lack of everything), Krejci (was just beginning to look more confortable before Swine flu), and Chara.....
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

I second the Wideman nomination, he looks awful in every game he plays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Well since the question really only reffers to one player. I'm going with Bergeron. He of all has been Mr. Consistancy, has shown the most passion game in and game out. Hopefully his hard work ethics will rub off on the rest of them, because not one other Bruin this season has lived up to the level he has put out in each game to date. I could pick out a flaw from everyone else on the roster from game one of the season. I don't think it's fair to target just one player or even a handfull. The fact is in each game there have been an acumulation of missed plays, bad passing, poor decision making, sh!tty communication and pure lack of effort on all of their behalf. Bergeron is the only player who has shown he's ready for this season. The rest of them just seem complacent from last seasons playoff ousting. They better pick it up or they will be watching from the outside come playoff time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Also deserving mention: 

Bitz has played up to and beyond his abilities.  Always good on the boards, he's coming off them more and trying to set up and did score that one spiffy goal vs Buf.

Thornton brings it every night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You mean the game where only Bergeron could find the net? And where the D failed to clear guys from the crease on both goals? Is that the game?

[QUOTE]Thomas has single handedly cost us a game this year...no1 can argue that the devils game was not his fault...Rask has done no such thing this year. Honestly I've watched Rask very closely, and although he had gotten sniped a couple times, I honsetly can't remember a goal when its obvious that "its on tuukka," I've seen a lot on Thomas that were clearly "on Thomas"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Savard would get it hands down if he kept up the same level of play before he gave into the injury.

But Bergeron is without question the giant among coma patients this season.

Sobotka is probably the years rising star.

And Stuart will probably remain the most underrated member of the team, which is absurd since he's been the best in his own zone, pummeled the crap out of someone in one game, and been the most consistent game to game.

In Response to Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year???:
    [QUOTE]i know some of you will say Patrice, but i think TT has played strong so far.  His record would be decent if we could score in front of him! Honorable mention to Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler!!!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Rask
    Begin
    Thornton

I'm saying this because of consistency and playing to their potential.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

It's Bergeron. I still get nervous any time anyone goes near him but he is playing smart-blue collar hockey. Pretty brave for a guy that may still be one (thank God Scott Stevens retired) hit away from headaches for life.I've always had a man-crush on this guy since he won player of the tournament at the world juniors(not Crosby)Anyway now that my bias is clearly out there it's especially gratifying that he is playing well after all the haters on this board were giving reasons to trade him in order to keep "you know who"- calling him Claude's pet and "when is he gonna earn his ice time?" etc etc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he's the one who did step up when the going got tough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]You mean the game where only Bergeron could find the net? And where the D failed to clear guys from the crease on both goals? Is that the game? In Response to Re: Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year??? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    no, the game where thomas let in two WEAK 5 hole goals that had nothing to do with guys in the crease

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

See above.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is Bruins BEST player so far this year??? : no, the game where thomas let in two WEAK 5 hole goals that had nothing to do with guys in the crease

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Wonder why Krejci didnt make the list? Oh yea he has been a major flop so far. Thomas, Rask, Bergeron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas has single handedly cost us a game this year...no1 can argue that the devils game was not his fault...Rask has done no such thing this year. Honestly I've watched Rask very closely, and although he had gotten sniped a couple times, I honsetly can't remember a goal when its obvious that "its on tuukka," I've seen a lot on Thomas that were clearly "on Thomas"
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]Was it the goalie that gave up two goals that caused this lost or the pathetic offense that managed one goal against the backup goalie in New Jersey? Get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

No one would get my vote!!!  Yes, I think Bergy has stepped up his game since the injuries to Looch and Savard but he has 5 goals in 16 games!!!!  Not enough to warrant a best vote!! Sturm and Ryder have had some bad luck but have shown signs of getting on track recently but have underperformed thus far.  Begin has impressed me with his physical play and hard work but again no production. Chara is a complete nobody most games this season....a man of his ability and size should be noticable EVERY SHIFT!!!  If you really want me to pick it would be the Thomas/Rask combo....They have given us a chance to win almost every game and thats what is NEEDED from the goaltenders...the offence just hasn't been there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Rask has been good but...

Beaten high glove side by Tavares? He got the win in the end but could easily have gone the other way. Every goalie gets beaten now and then.

In my book, a goalie who lets in 2 goals or less should expect to get the win. Thomas was unlucky to be in net during a spell where the Bs couldn't score in a brothel with 100 dollar bills taped to their todgers!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron has returned to form, Sturm is a key to his continued success.  Morris is the second best yet playing well with Chara is a result of playing with Chara (look at Wideman last year).  Mark Stuart is third.  He is a beast who solidifies the second line of defensemen.  Mark is not timid! I agree Thomas is playing the tougher opponents but Rask has solidified the backup role... if he failed the team would be in worst disarray.  I still think the team will pull together.  Claude needs to be more creative with the offensive planning.