Who is next to Come or Go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Re: Who is next to Come or Go?

I'm surprised that the media is talking about TT so much.  The only way I see him going is if they take back the same money.  If that is the case they should just keep him for now because the reason they are shopping him is simply for cap reasons (guess).  We know that Phily and SJ need an upgrade in net and will likely just sign a UFA. I say Chris Mason in SJ and Ellis in Phily.  Yzerman said yesterday that he is sticking with Mike Smith for this year and hopes to sign a cheap back up.  I haven't heard of and can't think of any other teams even looking at TT. 

I think the next guy to go will be Wheeler, and it will be at the draft.  If there is a guy on the board in the low 20's that the B's want I see them packaging Wheeler's rights and the 32nd to move up.

I also think Boychuk will be resigned in the next week or so.

As for the Savard to TO for Kaberle rumors, not a chance.  I'm not sure why Dregs is stirring the pot on that one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

If San Jose does decide to go after Thomas, he could be the next to go, with Clowe, Pavelski, or Setoguchi coming in return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I'm sure San Jose will bit chomping at the bit for that opportunity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I think the Tim Thomas trade is going to be tough to pull off immediately. Just a few issues stand out -

1. The market is filled with above average goalies who can start.
    2. Only less than half a dozen teams are looking to add a starting goalie.
    3. Tim Thomas has a no trade clause which he would have to lift in order to be dealt.
    4. Opposing teams would have to give up I am assuming a high draft pick OR a top 6 forward/defenseman.
    5. Easier for an opposing team to construct a contract favorable to their liking in Free Agency than going after a bigger contract in Tim Thomas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TT going to San Jose for their 1st rounder (28) and Clowe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Only way you get Clowe and a 1st is if it's Thomas and Savard.  Don't even mention Pavelski coming to Boston.  It's not happening.  You guys have to look at trades from both sides.  You can't just picks guys you want to get traded and pick anyone you want coming back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

TT to SJ for Setoguchi?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Who is next to Come or Go?:
    TT to SJ for Setoguchi?
    Posted by DaveyN

Eh, I don't think SJ would go for that. They are very fond of Setoguchi, he's young, he's a 30G+ a year guy, he's VERY quick and finishes his checks, and has come up clutch in the playoffs at times. If we trade Thomas, that's 5M they are taking on and they still need to resign Pavelski, Wallin, Setoguchi and Marleau. If they were to trade for TT, my guess is they'd give us a contract or 2 to equal or almost equal TT's. For example, Clowe has a 3.625 cap-hit, so it'd likely be him or him and someone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

A 35 year old streaky goalie with hip problems ? Not to mention he makes 5 mil a year ? I don't think the B's will trade him , they want to mind you but they likely won't get many takers or much in return . TT's high water mark was his vezina year , its all downhill from here .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

A 35 year old streaky goalie with hip problems ? Not to mention he makes 5 mil a year ? I don't think the B's will trade him , they want to mind you but they likely won't get many takers or much in return . TT's high water mark was his vezina year , its all downhill from here .
    Posted by 50belowzero

I agree completely and just said essentially the same thing in another thread. In my mind, if PC can trade Thomas and get anything decent back at low payroll, then he's done awesome. I am starting to think that I would rather Thomas stay as I think that would be a great tandem. Expensive on the back up side, but we might have to live with that based on the contract he fleeced PC for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

It won't be a salary dump...with the free agent market weak Pc said he would have to make trades to get players...strait contract for contract to get someone who can score or move the puck out of the D zone

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Boston-kyle has basically said all that needs to be said on this subject. Anyone who thinks the Bruins will get a high #1 or a top six fwd in return for Thomas is probably dreaming. The market is saturated. TT is staying, and given the possibility of Rask stumbling in year 2, it might be just as well if Thomas stays a little while longer, maybe at least until the trade deadline.

Oh and one other thing...PC is on crack if he peddles Savard. We're probably getting Seguin, I get that, but Seguin is 2-3 years away from really being a true, impact #1 center. To trade Savard this early, especially for Tomas The Turnover Machine Kaberle, would be just plain DUMB. Kaberle adds to the PP, I know, but the guy is a liability in his own end, plus he's getting old. Thanks, but no thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Here's a trade we all hope to see Friday night, except Stanley. Stanley will be heartbroken if his boyfriend gets shipped out of town, but anyway. Sorry Stanley, but Wheeler, Ryder and the #32 for a pick in the 10-15 range and use that to take Etem, Skinner or a high end D-man, like Merril or Forbort or McIlrath. Oh, and the money we save by dumping Ryder and Wheeler, use that to sign a FA winger that can actually contribute.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If TT is traded I wouldn't expect much back. I'd think the B's will have done well to get a serviceable NHLer or a mid-level prospect or even a 3rd round pick as long as they get some cap relief. It is beyond my imagination to think they are going to get a 30 goal scorer in return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The TT rumors are flying, and in spite of the negativity on these boards about Bruins talent, Timmy just won the Vezina, awarded to the BEST goalie based on performance. Timmy has not lost his talent or his spirit which is the enticement for SJ or Philly. I am sure Chia is OK with Tuuka plus Timmy, but he is in a change mode commitment, and another classy move like Horton would help this team move forward. Expect Boychuck to be signed, unless his agent prices him out of town; also expect Hunwick, Wheeler, Maybe Savard and/or Stuart to be part of the movement

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

TT to Philly for Gagne

Philly needs a tender.  TT has 3 years to go and Gagne only 1.  B's may need to throw in a pick as well to compensate for this. 

Another upgrade on offense and finally a skilled winger for Bergeron to play with.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

If TT is traded I wouldn't expect much back. I'd think the B's will have done well to get a serviceable NHLer or a mid-level prospect or even a 3rd round pick as long as they get some cap relief. It is beyond my imagination to think they are going to get a 30 goal scorer in return.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I think you're absolutely dead-on with this assessment. I mean, look at the meagre return for playoff hero Halak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

TT to Philly for Gagne Philly needs a tender.  TT has 3 years to go and Gagne only 1.  B's may need to throw in a pick as well to compensate for this.  Another upgrade on offense and finally a skilled winger for Bergeron to play with.
    Posted by guyo77

How does that wash out cap-wise? And do you think Thomas for Carter is possible?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

The Bruins can get a guy making around 4-5 mil that can score between 20-30 goals maybee they have to throw in a prospect or a low draft pick...but is very reasonable