Who is the worst Bruins aside from Wideman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

Who is the worst Bruins aside from Wideman?

I figure it would only be appropriate to take cap hit into account as well.

My vote would either go to Hunwick or Thomas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Who is the worst Bruins aside from Wideman?

Tough call but I'll go with Ryder. He's been playing better of late but overall he is horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

No one is close to as bad as Wideman the guy is a complete joke!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Anyone that starts a post like this and picks Thomas over Wideman, is just another TT basher.
    GET A LIFE !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Ryder and Wideman are killing this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Are people really that stupid. Why focus on wideman, this guy had a good game last night. We are in the 8th seed going for the playoffs. Support the team bruins fans. All I head now is people crying like little babies

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Chiarelli and Julien

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Wheeler couldn't stand on his skates last night

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just one?

Thing is, there is something supernatural about how bad Wideman has been this year - like he's being violated by 13 black cats under a ladder.  Nothing goes right for the guy, even when his decisions aren't indefensible. Last night, he chewed up a big chunk of Chara's minutes.  He blocked shots, he landed shots on net and even when his stick explodes, it lead to a goal, and generally showed the good side of his game.  Then he takes a minus because Krejci's floating in no man's land on the Gunnarson goal and another because neither he nor Stuart are marking men in front of the goal so both Stahlberg and Caputi have chances on a lameduck rebound, and then he pinches in OT, falls in deep, his teammates can't win a puck battle to keep the puck in the zone and then Ryder wipes out Thomas. 

Of those three goals, the only one where he should get the horns is the Caputi goal.  Big goal.  But even the OT goal, you've got to rotate in 4 on 4.  He rotated.  Ryder didn't pick him up.  It's been like that for him all year - if it can go wrong for Dennis, it does.  You have to think the worm will turn, but I don't see it this year.

Ryder or Hunwick are my votes.  Ryder's almost as snakebitten as Wideman.  Everything he tries turns to crap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely Ryder. The guy is just plain lazy and milking his contract. The problem is that other teams see the same lack of commitment which dates back to why Montreal dumped him. This also points out a julien weakness. He should replace Ryder with Marchand who's speed and agitating will cause more opportunities. Last night, early in the game, Kreji had to stop because ryder was not up with him. He is truly a waste.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

On the D hunwick is worse, Wideman is playing much better..On the O its Ryder/wheeler

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

The whole Wheeler, Krejci, Ryder line is a complete f*ing disaster. Krejci & Wheeler are just brutal and Ryder is disinterested to say the least.

I really don't know how you avoid canning Chiarelli at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

What the heck has Thornton, Sobotka, Begin, lucic, Ryder (nice move last night in ot), Seidenberg (he stinks too) done lately?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Krejci's getting sucked into the vortex by his linemates.  He made at least three or four creative plays last night that went for sh1t because Ryder and Wheeler are hopeless right now.  Ryder's tip to the top of the net was the closest to a scoring play, but more than once he made nice give and go feeds, was open for the return pass and facing the net in good shooting position.  The pass?  Nah, of course there was no pass.  I don't think Wheeler's even reading a book in the same language as the rest of the team, and we've said plenty about Ryder's problems.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Matt Hunwick is terrible in is own end for the defense.........Michael Ryder has played awful all season he showed his toughness when he was the only one on the ice who saw Cooke take out Savard and didn't do anything.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I also thought Krejci played well last night. The problem is no one on that line can finish for him!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

I'll add my .02, although I think Bogie already summed up much of what I'm going to say. Without a doubt Ryder is just sitting on his fat contract, and not earning a dime of it. He's the JD Drew of the NHL. No heart, no commitment, no grit... but a big paycheck!

What happened to last year when Julien talked about accountability? What happened to the Julien who would bench his star scorer in a playoff game because he wasn't giving it his all? Whatever happened to that, we're seeing the results this year. Lazy, undisciplined play with no fear of repurcussions. Ryder knows that he can go out for his 15 minutes a game, give less than 1/2 effort and still cash in. Try benching him for a game and bring up someone from Providence who really wants to play. Do the same to Wideman when Z comes back from injury. Place these guys on waivers just to get their attention... But it's all to late this now. This season is pretty much a wash, for many reasons, but there's no reason management can't start kicking rumps for next season...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Agree completely bookboy, Ryder and Hunwick are disgraces. I'd promote somebody from Providence and send Ryder down to the AHL for a wakeup call. There's no excuse to play 10 (if that) out of the 65 games so far and be a ghost for the other 55 or so games.

Hunwick has regressed an enormous amount and should not be getting anywhere near top 4 minutes. I'd relegate him to a healthy scratch or the #7 spot at best, if Chiarelli doesn't want to "risk" him getting picked up via the waiver wire. 

Julien needs to make in game line changes, because he's not doing anything to inspire change during the game. The team that begins the game at 50% should never be the team that finishes the game. If a guy like Wheeler isn't skating or hitting you stop giving him minutes and put a guy like Thornton at his spot. If Krejci isn't playing well then you put him to the 3rd or 4th line. Julien isn't doing a damn thing to tell the team this play isn't up to snuff, and this passive attitude can't go on much longer or we'll have two top 5 picks by the end of the season.

Oh, and it doesn't look like Colin "I didn't see anything" Campbell is going to take his balls away from Gary Bettman and make a statement suspension on Cooke, so the real showing of the Bruins heart will be the next Pittsburgh game. If Cooke skates on that ice he better limp off or this team is done for the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

This team is done ! This year is done ! Face it.. game over.. just going thru the motions until they either ..make the playoffs and are one and one or.. don't make the playoffs and head out to the links...I continue watching each game to see if there is any life left but not even Mr. Spock with his 'wiz gizzmo' would find any life forms with heart/balls or grit... pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me..
    Starting from the top.. PC should be removed from command.. what has he done in his term to improve this team?  CJ should be removed since he has lost control of this team a long time ago and cannot find a way to shuffle the deck to get a winning hand nor is he able to convince/motivate anyone to play up to their potential. Time to clean house in the off season which is coming up much sooner than anyone expected.. My wish for the remainder of games.. pay back Pitts for Cookes obvious illegal head hunting hit on savarard.  At this juncture, I would welcome a good old fashioned donnie brook on the ice.. let everyone get involved..and take a few runs at Pitts top tier players too... ( I must be related to Charles Bronson somehwre down the line)... If every member of this team is suspended for the remaining year.. GOOD... bnring up Providence players and let them taste the big league.  Time to waive Ryder, Wideman, Hunwick , Chiarelli, Julien ) not in order of priority.. just losem... Bring in Milbury to coach and let Cam ( aka: harry junior ) take a spin at the wheel as GM.   Sick of the lame excuses and poor draft picks.. but it all starts at the top... So much for Harvard Grads...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

Great post!

In Response to Re: Who is the worst Bruins aside from Wideman?:
    This team is done ! This year is done ! Face it.. game over.. just going thru the motions until they either ..make the playoffs and are one and one or.. don't make the playoffs and head out to the links...I continue watching each game to see if there is any life left but not even Mr. Spock with his 'wiz gizzmo' would find any life forms with heart/balls or grit... pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.. Starting from the top.. PC should be removed from command.. what has he done in his term to improve this team?  CJ should be removed since he has lost control of this team a long time ago and cannot find a way to shuffle the deck to get a winning hand nor is he able to convince/motivate anyone to play up to their potential. Time to clean house in the off season which is coming up much sooner than anyone expected.. My wish for the remainder of games.. pay back Pitts for Cookes obvious illegal head hunting hit on savarard.  At this juncture, I would welcome a good old fashioned donnie brook on the ice.. let everyone get involved..and take a few runs at Pitts top tier players too... ( I must be related to Charles Bronson somehwre down the line)... If every member of this team is suspended for the remaining year.. GOOD... bnring up Providence players and let them taste the big league.  Time to waive Ryder, Wideman, Hunwick , Chiarelli, Julien ) not in order of priority.. just losem... Bring in Milbury to coach and let Cam ( aka: harry junior ) take a spin at the wheel as GM.   Sick of the lame excuses and poor draft picks.. but it all starts at the top... So much for Harvard Grads...   
    Posted by SupportLocal81

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: Who is the worst Bruins aside from Wideman?:
    Chiarelli and Julien
    Posted by JWensink

Couldn't put it any better. Ask Chiarelli if he has trouble making decisions and he'd probably answer "well, yes and no"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Who ever is Widemans line mate is the next worst player on the Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Even Stuart was made to look like a fool last night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

I thought I saw PC wearing a tee shirt with the following statement :

Front: I'm Bipolar and hate it !

Back: I'm Bipolar and love it !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from grouse48. Show grouse48's posts

Thats easy. Anyone who is sitting on the bruins bench with there jersey on, because they all stink

Sections
Shortcuts