Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player....

In Response to Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player....:
    Favorite: I wish Ference would stay clear of the injury list.  Think I read somewhere that the Bruins have a much better record with him than without him in the lineup.  Has anybody else seen this along the way?
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

I couldn't find it on behindthenet but I might not have seen it RHO. I emailed Bish and Matt Kalman but haven't heard back yet. I've seen it once when KPD was writing about it once but couldn't find the article in the archives.

Favorite: Savard and Bergeron tie 

Least: Ryder! Frustrating because he has talent but shows up when he wants. Michael should be up around 35 goals a year. Send him to Providence so he can be closer to his favorite place Foxy Lady.

PS. BadHab nice one Bud!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player.... : I couldn't find it on behindthenet but I might not have seen it RHO. I emailed Bish and Matt Kalman but haven't heard back yet. I've seen it once when KPD was writing about it once but couldn't find the article in the archives. Favorite: Savard and Bergeron tie  Least: Ryder! Frustrating because he has talent but shows up when he wants. Michael should be up around 35 goals a year. Send him to Providence so he can be closer to his favorite place Foxy Lady. PS. BadHab nice one Bud!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I recall seeing that last year, that the Bruins record was significantly better with Ference in the lineup.

Ference, when healthy, is a solid, smart defenseman who can deliver a good check for his (relatively) small size. The real problem, of course, has been his constant injuries. I give him major credit for trying to play through the injuries, never using them as an excuse, as always giving everything he's got. The guy's got a lot of heart. That said, he's not the type of player (and there are very few) who can play hurt and still be an effective contributor. I do hope, for his sake and for the Bruins', that he can have a healthy year.

That said, I have a lot of favorites: Savard, Krejci, Sturm, Bergeron, Chara are probably tops. Least favorite? (I'm glad you asked that way, rather than "who do you hate?") Nobody in particular. If he's wearing a Spoked B, I like him. (Thankfully there are no "ugh" guys on this team. If the Bruins picked up Carcillo or Hartnell or Ott, I'd be forced to make an exception.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Favourite - Big Z...
    Least Favourite ...Daniel Pie-yeah!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Favorites; Savard, Lucic and Stuart

Least Favorites; Wheeler, Paille & Wheeler

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Fave: Brian Burke 
    Posted by BadHabitude

Brian Burke...Now thats pretty funny!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Favorite: Stuart
    Least favorite: Wheeler

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Favorite: Milan Lucic
    Least favorite: Michael "bleeping" Ryder

Worst part is my 6 year-old's favorite player is Michael Ryder, only because he thinks somehow he is related to "Ghost Rider".  Pretty funny, but I cannot openly bash Ryder in my house...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

How the hell can Recchi be among your least favorites? What drugs should you be on?

Favorite Forwards: Krejci, Savard, Bergeron Least Favorite Forwards: Thornton, Recchi Favorite D: Chara Least Favorite D: Hunwick Favorite Goalie: Rask Least Favorite Goalie: Thomas
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd ne'er have guessed those were your two fave players.

Favorite:  Bergeron with Stuart close behind Least:  Shawn Thornton with no one even close.  Thornton is an empty jersey who doesn't intimidate a soul and rarely gets involved with anything that isn't staged.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Favorite: Mark Recchi (followed closely by Bergeron, Stuart, Chara and Lucic)  What more could a supporter of our club ask when a 42 year old often sets the example for work ethic on a club with some players almost half his age? Least Favorite: Not sure.  I wish Ference would stay clear of the injury list.  Think I read somewhere that the Bruins have a much better record with him than without him in the lineup.  Has anybody else seen this along the way?
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

He played in 28 of their 39 wins, but correlation is a measure of association, not causation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Gotta be Bergeron as favorite with Stuart and Looch not so distant tied for 2nd Tie between Honey and Ryder as least.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

His speed, and willingness to get mashed is a huge factor. Healthy only Hunwick and is faster on the blueline. And Paille and maybe Wheeler as forwards.

In Response to Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player.... : He played in 28 of their 39 wins, but correlation is a measure of association, not causation. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Love Lucic

Hate Ferrance

Of All Time (besides the Orr, Bourque, Neely combo):

Loved Rick Middleton

Hated Ted Donato

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Current -

Favorite:  Bergeron
    Least Favorite:  Ryder or Wheeler

All-Time -

Favorite: Neely
    Least Favorite:  Nilan (always a Hab to me)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonRob4. Show BostonRob4's posts

Fave: Bergeron
    Least: Ference, it's not that I hate him or anything but he'd be the last guy on the team that I'd get a jersey of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

lovethebruins - - - F-E-R-E-N-C-E
    Posted by pbergeron37

Tool.  Hope you had a rag nearby after you got off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Favorite - Krejci
    Least favorite - Sturm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Favorite:  Boychuk Least/Worst:  Ference  (should be wearing the spoked 'P')
    Posted by Dave24

Same...well said about the spoked P

I know Boychuk needs to prove himself but the guy plays with so much grit and heart, its hard not to like him, plus he has a BOMB of a shot...

Ference is going to go back to the least liked player by everyone by year's end I think...injured a lot, weak shot, undersized, no fight in him, makes too much money...not a big fan at all...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Favorite: Savard.  It is tough to pick just one favorite.  Nearly tied with Savard are Krejci, Bergeron, and Stuart.

Least favorite: Wheeler.  So frustrating to watch him not play up to his potential.  Hopefully he gets his act together this season.  He could be great someday.

In Response to Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player.... : Ference, when healthy, is a solid, smart defenseman who can deliver a good check for his (relatively) small size. The real problem, of course, has been his constant injuries. I give him major credit for trying to play through the injuries, never using them as an excuse, as always giving everything he's got. The guy's got a lot of heart. That said, he's not the type of player (and there are very few) who can play hurt and still be an effective contributor. I do hope, for his sake and for the Bruins', that he can have a healthy year.
    Posted by duinne

Thank you.  Like Peter Forsberg, Ference plays harder than his body can withstand.  If he stays healthy, he will move up several places on many people's "favorite Bruins" list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your Favorite and Least Favorite player.... : Same...well said about the spoked P I know Boychuk needs to prove himself but the guy plays with so much grit and heart, its hard not to like him, plus he has a BOMB of a shot... Ference is going to go back to the least liked player by everyone by year's end I think...injured a lot, weak shot, undersized, no fight in him, makes too much money...not a big fan at all...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

Injuries are his problem, not his contract.  He is paid less than a lot of guys who play 20 minutes a game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Most Favorite-- I'll say Hunwick since so many posters had him as Least.  He's fast and exciting, great puck handling, gets his shots through......and he's still on a high learning curve.   Also Paille for his speed and uncanny checking ability.

Least favorite--  None on the roster.    Mike Milbury back in his playing days.  Mike Kennan as a coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

favorite:  Bergeron Savard 
    worst:     ference 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Wow, I am kinda surprised at all the Ference nomination for the least favorite bruin. He isn't my favorite, but least??   Didn't he drill somebody at center ice and than fight Avery not too long ago?  He is a vermontish/european type tree hugger though.

Hunwick is more of an eyesore than ference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Wow, I am kinda surprised at all the Ference nomination for the least favorite bruin. He isn't my favorite, but least??   Didn't he drill somebody at center ice and than fight Avery not too long ago?  He is a vermontish/european type tree hugger though. Hunwick is more of an eyesore than ference.
    Posted by bluefox70

I'm also a bit surprised at the Ference "least" nominee's. He's not 6-5 but he plays physical and and has heart, injury prone though. I'm guessing being overpaid with our slary cap issues has a lot to do with it.

Favorite: Tuukka, with an honorable mention to Z and Looch.

Least Favorite: Hmm, now that Wideman's gone, Ryder I guess, but I would renig that if his salary were cut in half.

All time Favorite: Andy God Damn Moog and Wham Bam Thank You Cam.

All Time Least: Murray, the guy couldn't hit the water pissing out of a boat, kinda like Wideman!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Fav.- Bergy and Savy
    Least Fav. -Ryder and Ference

All time Fav.- D. Sweeney, Bourque
    All time WORST BRUIN/HOCKEY PLAYER EVER- Sean O'Donnall

Sections
Shortcuts