Who makes the team, Sobotka, Hamill, or Arneil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Who makes the team, Sobotka, Hamill, or Arneil?

With Phil Kessel gone to Toronto, and David Krejci still questionable for the Oct 1st opener vs. Washington.  The Bruins have an open forward spot, who do you think will win the spot?  The way I see it is between Sobotka, Hamill and Arneil as a longshot, What do you guys think?

Forwards: 
    Lucic, Sturm, Rechhi, and Thornton on the Left
    Savard, Bergeron, Begin down the middle
    Wheeler, Ryder, Kobasew, Bitz on the Right

Defenseman
    Chara, Morris, Stuart, Ference, Hunwick, Wideman, with Boychuck as the extra

Goal
    Thomas & Rask

Injured

Krejci

They have a few guys that can move around, Rechhi, Wheeler, Bitz can play center. Begin can play right too.

My guess is that Sobotka makes it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Re: Who makes the team, Sobotka, Hamill, or Arneil?

Sabotka is the likely choice.....if i had my choice it would be Marchand...love the pesky little guys

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

they might keep 2 of the 3 too, Julien may opt to go with an extra forward this year too.  Recchi is 40 something years old and will probably need a day off here and there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

I was lucky enough to see the Rookie Development game against Toronto, in Kitchener earlier. I have to say I was very impressed with how well Zach Hamill took control when he was on the ice. He was wearing the "C" and for good reason. He set up the face-offs, made crisp passes and scored some goals that made the opposition's head spin.
    On knock on him is his size, but I think he's ready to see some duty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Yeah at some point you have to give the 1st round 8th overall pick a chance to play. He isn't going to grow 3 more inches or put on 20 more pounds, or turn into a sniper.

Because he is a playmaker, i think the Bruins should consider moving him up to get his timing down. The speed of the NHL game is a half-step faster than the AHL, and it would probably help his development to get aquainted

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Gonna go with Hamill.  But when Krejci is ready, send him to the AHL, give him a letter, and give him top minutes in all situations.  I'd rather one more year in the AHL for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I think you have to include Marchand and Letonen in the deal. But I think this is sink or swim time for Sobotka, he's in a contract year and was good two years ago in Boston, great last year in Providence and pretty bad in Boston last year. I think if he's not impressing the coaches by his third regular season game this year he's done with the Bruins even if he plays the whole season in Providence.

In Response to Who makes the team, Sobotka, Hamill, or Arneil?:
    [QUOTE]With Phil Kessel gone to Toronto, and David Krejci still questionable for the Oct 1st opener vs. Washington.  The Bruins have an open forward spot, who do you think will win the spot?  The way I see it is between Sobotka, Hamill and Arneil as a longshot, What do you guys think? Forwards:  Lucic, Sturm, Rechhi, and Thornton on the Left Savard, Bergeron, Begin down the middle Wheeler, Ryder, Kobasew, Bitz on the Right Defenseman Chara, Morris, Stuart, Ference, Hunwick, Wideman, with Boychuck as the extra Goal Thomas & Rask Injured Krejci They have a few guys that can move around, Rechhi, Wheeler, Bitz can play center. Begin can play right too. My guess is that Sobotka makes it
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm no coach but I did like what I saw in Hamill the couple games he played.
    Sobotka hasn't wowed me. I expected more from him and therefore feel Hamill should be the "center " kept up.  Unfortunately I think they'll keep Sobotka, he's been their man since last year.
    Now this post says whom might replace Krejci must be a center and Marchand would have been my first choice. Only problem he doesn't player the center position.
    As forward I feel Marchand of the bunch played best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Like I said in another thread, Sobotka had a very poor game in Quebec, against Montréal. He's slow, has no offensive skills, creates nothing.

I don't see anything that could convince the coaching staff about him.

I'd rather see Marchand or Hamill...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grant22. Show Grant22's posts

I'd like to see Hamill make it too. I was at the leafs/bruins game last wed night and sobotka didnt do much. Got physical on some decent checks but thats about it. Zachs turn for some NHL duty!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3842258. Show user_3842258's posts

Marchand has impressed the most in camp, followed by Arneil.  My money's on Marchand....

Bitzy was a Center at Cornell, so let him line up there for the handful of games until Krecji is back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I want nothing else than Hamill. He is a first pick and he have great skills
    more than Sobotka or Arneil.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Sobotka gets my vote but that's just from what I've seen last year when he was up.  Haven't really seen Hamill in the big leagues yet and I know it won't be Ameil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Forgot about Marchand, he very well could make it over all 3 of the guys I mentioned.

Do you think they'll keep an extra forward with the team this year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Sobotka has been terrible in the pre season games that i have watched. It's a shame but i think he will be packaged off at some point in the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

bitz is so brutal i dont understand how ppl like him he has no offense he barely can skate he gets punch all over the ice no speed atleast sobotka has speed good offensive ability plays good d hit ppl just a better player hamill and arneil, arneil not rdy yet but hamill could be but he dosnt fit the bruins style of play

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I thought Sobotka was a lock but Brad Marchand has fought his way into contention. Vlad is playing tonight and he'd better pick it up because Marchand is on his heels.

This great battle just might come down to the last pre season game this Saturday. Should be very interesting. Sobotka has the talent but has not played better than Marchand at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank0r. Show tank0r's posts

I remember when Marchand was drafted by the B's he was quoted in the local papers here in Halifax as saying his goal was to make the B's right away.  Of course that didn't happen, but it just goes to show you the kind of drive this kid has.  When the Halifax Mooseheads traded for him 2 seasons ago I hated him, he didn't seem to want to do the little things needed to do to win and played a very selfish game.  He was actually benched the last game or 2 in the playoffs by our coach that year.  But after hearing about the training camp he's been having I can't wait to see him wearing the spoked B sometime soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I have to agree about Marchand- has had a terrific camp and continues to impress.  Not a big fan of Sobotka, even if he was a good Prov player...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Marchand has history with getting held out for behavioural stuff, so part of the decision to keep him will be whether he's learned his lessons or not.  He was fun to watch in the Jr. super-series a couple of years back, but Sutter sat him for disciplenary reasons.

If Hamill stays, I'd agree with the post above - he stays to get some experience in a scorer's role, replacing Krejci. When DK's back, he goes to the P-Bruins to play that #1 centre's role.

Somewhere on here, I suggested keeping a few guys and rotating them through until DK comes back - throw Bitz in there too.  So one 4th line and one 2nd line job would be up for grabs.  Everyone gets a couple of games in each role and whoever grabs a role stays at least until Krejci returns.  Now, though, I think the Hamill plan makes most sense, and if you want to keep Sobotka too, have him fight it out with Bitz as the 12th/13th forwards.  I don't want to give up on him, but I'm worried he might have stagnated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Who makes the team, Sobotka, Hamill, or Arneil?:
    [QUOTE]Marchand has history with getting held out for behavioural stuff, so part of the decision to keep him will be whether he's learned his lessons or not.  He was fun to watch in the Jr. super-series a couple of years back, but Sutter sat him for disciplenary reasons. If Hamill stays, I'd agree with the post above - he stays to get some experience in a scorer's role, replacing Krejci. When DK's back, he goes to the P-Bruins to play that #1 centre's role. Somewhere on here, I suggested keeping a few guys and rotating them through until DK comes back - throw Bitz in there too.  So one 4th line and one 2nd line job would be up for grabs.  Everyone gets a couple of games in each role and whoever grabs a role stays at least until Krejci returns.  Now, though, I think the Hamill plan makes most sense, and if you want to keep Sobotka too, have him fight it out with Bitz as the 12th/13th forwards.  I don't want to give up on him, but I'm worried he might have stagnated.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Good thinking, Book.  It would sure be interesting to see which one does the best.  I'm not a big Sobotka fan, though I realize that many posters herein are.  It would help if he started popping some goals in.  Hamill  looked good in the pre-season and Arneil showed some good moves.  Marchand is tough along the boards and he had that perfect one timer goal on the feed from Bergy.  Let's remember that Krejci had a few chances before he stuck, and it was only when those spots opened, especially with Bergy's injury,  that he had a chance to grow into the player he is now.  So, with these new kids, it would be best to give several a chance , let them compete.  Who knows- a new star may emerge.

On D, Boychuck looked the best to me, with Fata next.  And Boychuck got the goal last night at Columbus too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I think Hamil could develop into a bergy.With this NHL cap c-rap the Bs could lose bergys 5 mill and have a cheap replacement soon.The name of the 56 mill cap game seems like more and more a timing thing.Savy one more year I think,its sad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Who they'll keep I don't know.

Marchand is the best of the lot, Hamil second to be kept for 2nd or 3rd line duties.

For 4th line duties none of these players are a lock, but I'd keep Lovecchio( he's been better than the rest) for the fourth and let Begin, Bitz and thornton fight it out with Sobotka for the other 2.

Arniel can handle another year down as can Hamil, but I would keep March up as he has the desire and tempo, plus the skills to be kept up.

March had a problem with coaching in Halifax, he came from scoring 40 points in 20 playoff games and 44 points in 33 season games, playing for Canadian Juniors-Twice Gold championship(a team leader) and being the #1 guy in Val D'or to the #2 guy behind Voracek (CBJ) whom he outscored in the playoffs with Halifax. 

This young man is a threat when the game means something and plays with heart.

His heart plus his talent is heads above the rest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

For all our fears about Kessel the player we will miss the most is...................

PJ Axe..  This man was so versatile on d and offence..Short handed, five on five, four on four...He will be a hard player to replace. As for Kessel just listen and watch his news conference with the Leafs..this kid certainly has issues with integrity, and honesty...We had the makings of another Heatly....We will miss his 36 goals and his speed but the rest of the team has to adjust..Funny how no one has come out and complained about his departure......
    Go Bruins!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PJ 5? years ago with Rolston since then I'l definitely not miss him.

Though I guess he is just one of those guys tough to play against.

Sections
Shortcuts