Who should get the start vs the Rangers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Who should get the start vs the Rangers?

I say you stick with the rule "you don't sit a hot goalie" and go with Rask.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Who should get the start vs the Rangers?

he DID shut them out last year. And don't give me the "Well, there's 5 mill sitting on the bench" routine, because Tim just wants a cup and everybody knows the more work Rask takes, the fresher both will be come playoffs.

But the fact that it's back-to-back days makes it a toss-up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

the problem is you don't want Rasks bonuses to kick in.....I'm not sure the exact number of games he can play, but they want to keep his contract at 850K (not because jacobs is cheap, blah blah blah) because the cap hit would be on next years cap

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

Thomas will be in today, the only reason Rask got the start yesterday was because they didnt want Tmmy to have to go back to back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: Who should get the start vs the Rangers?:
    [QUOTE]the problem is you don't want Rasks bonuses to kick in.....I'm not sure the exact number of games he can play, but they want to keep his contract at 850K (not because jacobs is cheap, blah blah blah) because the cap hit would be on next years cap
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

That sounds like JJ speaking. JJ you go with the hot goalie and if costs you extra money -get rid of Square Head Sperm or some other under achieveng player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Tim Thomas is going to shut out the Rangers today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Who should get the start vs the Rangers?:
    [QUOTE]I say you stick with the rule "you don't sit a hot goalie" and go with Rask.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

If coach Julie has any doubt...he should just watch the replay goals of Thursday night...no brainer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjreade. Show rjreade's posts

The team has a tough stretch over the next couple of weeks with games every other night, so both will have their fair share of work, I'm sure.  Better to play Thomas today, he had a great outing Thursday so Julien has a great problem, how to keep both goaltenders hot for as long as possible.  Have to keep the workloads regular and steady, and the team will be looking great come March and April, and hopefully beyond.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

play Rask and send TT the message that he has to focus and play well every game or he will be wearing a leaf by spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

As I have repeatedly said goaltending is the least of the Bruins worries. Both Thomas and Rask are well above avegerage goaltenders. This is a problem every single team wants. Get over the two goal thing in N.J. the team lost that game not just the goalie in fact he played very solid and gave his team every chance to win. No goalie has ever posted a 0.00 G.A.A. and never will. Great job Rask greater job team. Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The goalteanding for this weekend was pre-determined to yesterdays game.
    Rask again the weaker opponent at home and Thomas the more challenging team on the road.  Plain and simple.
    There's no doubt that Thomas will start today unless an unforeseen injury or illness.
    Yes today only 19 shots !! That's team defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and must add these are the eaxct words from Rask;

“Guys played really well,’’ Rask said. “It wasn’t the hardest game for me today.’’

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

I would start Rask then give Thomas the Red Wings and Habs games

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]and must add these are the eaxct words from Rask; “Guys played really well,’’ Rask said. “It wasn’t the hardest game for me today.’’
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

It is almost comical how cerebral and honest Tuukka is off the ice too. After his first NHL start 2 years ago in a post game interview they asked how big a difference the NHL was compared to the AHL, Tuukka say "its not that big a difference".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]the problem is you don't want Rasks bonuses to kick in.....I'm not sure the exact number of games he can play, but they want to keep his contract at 850K (not because jacobs is cheap, blah blah blah) because the cap hit would be on next years cap

The first priority has to be winning. Which goalie gives you the best chance to win now. So you mean to say that if Tuukka is outplaying TT they are going to sit him due to a contract situation and deny him much need NHL experience and not give your team the best shot at winning games? Anyone know this amount??

Not to mention moral and how to treat your goalie of the future. Put it this way...   Say you are 1 of 2 chefs at a resturant, and all the customers are raving about your great cooking. Its obvious you are better than the other chef. But the owner say you can only work 2 days a week because he does not want to pay you your worth. Wouldn't that pissyou off? Wouldn't you want to quit and go work with another resturant that would utilize you capabilities the the fullest including pay? 

Not saying the NHL is ran the exact same way as a resturant obviously, but get my point. Not giving your team the best chance to win by demoralizing your chosen goalie of the future is a lose lose situation. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

What are you talking about you goof? There is a bonus cushion this season, Rask could go 80-0 this season and the most he would count this season is 850k against the cap. Now he could earn as much as $3.2-$3-5 in total salary but again the bonus cushion

Rask is also a RFA next season.. So I have no clue what your talking about with "next years cap" He will need a new deal next season anyways before he could play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

What are you talking about you goof? There is a bonus cushion this season. Rask could go 80-0 and the most he would count against the cap is 850k. Now he could earn as much as $3.2M in total salary but again the bonus cushion!

I also have no what your talking about with "next years cap" Rask is a RFA next season so what he does or doesnt do has no bearing on next season. He will need to be signed to a new deal by the Bruins or someboday else next season to play (see Kessels situation this season) You seem to have no clue, where are you getting your information?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The goalies have a great relationship together and both want the team to win. TT will play today but it would be great for the Touk to play and win again. We all just want us to win and it appears both guts can do that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cbrennan3. Show Cbrennan3's posts

dkrejci46 wrong again as usual lol

On a side note if Rask continues to sparkle it will be very interesting to see how much he is going to make with his new deal next season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]As I have repeatedly said goaltending is the least of the Bruins worries. Both Thomas and Rask are well above avegerage goaltenders. This is a problem every single team wants. Get over the two goal thing in N.J. the team lost that game not just the goalie in fact he played very solid and gave his team every chance to win. No goalie has ever posted a 0.00 G.A.A. and never will. Great job Rask greater job team. Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

Just to fire a hole in your balloon, Rask DID have a 0.00 GAA last year in the NHL.

...don't think he met the minimum game requirements to take the Vezina away from Timmy though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cbrennan3. Show Cbrennan3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should get the start vs the Rangers? : Just to fire a hole in your balloon, Rask  DID have a 0.00 GAA last year in the NHL. ...don't think he met the minimum game requirements to take the Vezina away from Timmy though.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Yes well unfortunately to be an official NHL stat for a goaltender you have to have a minimum of 24 games played.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

With the bonus cushion if you go over the cap one year, the amount of money you spend over is deducted from the cap the next year. That mean less money for signing Savard, Stuart, Wheeler, Sobotka, Rask, Morris, Paille, Boychuck, Begin who all have expiring contracts. So do you really want to deduct 2+ Million from the cap next year?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should get the start vs the Rangers? : What are you talking about you goof? There is a bonus cushion this season. Rask could go 80-0 and the most he would count against the cap is 850k. Now he could earn as much as $3.2M in total salary but again the bonus cushion ! I also have no what your talking about with "next years cap" Rask is a RFA next season so what he does or doesnt do has no bearing on next season. He will need to be signed to a new deal by the Bruins or someboday else next season to play (see Kessels situation this season) You seem to have no clue, where are you getting your information?
    Posted by chocolab511[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

According to Bruins blog: TT is in net. Bitz is injured and Whitfield fills in.

5 mins till game time Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]According to Bruins blog: TT is in net. Bitz is injured and Whitfield fills in. 5 mins till game time
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Where you watching the game ? on what feed ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

europe.espn360.com

I'm in (Old) England.