who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?

assuming its 63 that sits who moves to the 4th line because 16 is going on 1 of the top 3 lines for sure  cant take caron out if he continues to produce

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Re: who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?

KHL
    Seguin-Bergeron-Caron
    Sturm-Wheeler-Recchi
    Marchand-Campbel-Thorty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thats looks about right, depending on his return, other injuries, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Ryder has been playing well though.. So that makes it more difficult.

I think the real Showdown is

Ryder VS Wheeler and Hunwick

It could be we move ryder or we move them both im not sure how it will pan out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

id go w  46 17 18     37 16 38      19 73 28    26 11 22      sorry 63

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rdb3131. Show Rdb3131's posts

I think there is a strong possibility that we move Wheeler via trade. Ryder is playing really well so far ... I think he can feel the heat from below. Wheeler while playing more aggressive is still not the offensive force we need him to be. A change of place and a new system might be needed for him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In Response to Re: who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?:
    I think there is a strong possibility that we move Wheeler via trade. Ryder is playing really well so far ... I think he can feel the heat from below. Wheeler while playing more aggressive is still not the offensive force we need him to be. A change of place and a new system might be needed for him!
    Posted by Rdb3131

agreed.  a trade isn't that far fetched.  Even though he's not off to the best start, he does have a big potential upside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Marchand def. gets the bump when Sturm gets back. Will be interesting to see what they do for the line chemistry. Agreed on bouncing Wheeler down to 4th duties. Good skater, playing "tougher in his terms" this season, but not producing... sounds like a 4th liner to me. Let him earn his spot in the top 9, right now its his by default.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Marchand def. gets the bump when Sturm gets back. Will be interesting to see what they do for the line chemistry. Agreed on bouncing Wheeler down to 4th duties. Good skater, playing "tougher in his terms" this season, but not producing... sounds like a 4th liner to me. Let him earn his spot in the top 9, right now its his by default.  
    Posted by BradyBruin

I agree with you about Wheeler. He seems more like a Byron Bitz, who played on the 4th line, when he was with Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

All of the guys on this team right now- including the last few cuts of 2010 -ought to simply stay the course; play the best hockey they can wherever they play.  The way things usually work out- some will be traded and get more playing time; others will be with the team by the end of the year; be depended on during the playoff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with the trade Wheeler crowd. His agent said "where do you find 6'5" wings with speed". He did not say that he needs to put the puck in the net when he gets so many good feeds. Wheeler should be appealing to a number of teams, as should Hunwick. Ok, when will 16 return?? That is the real question. Sturm has NOT even started to skate. Are their lingering problems?? If wheeler is traded before Sturm is ready, I would like Arneil/ Sauve/LoVecchio perhaps??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I'm with the trade Wheeler crowd. His agent said "where do you find 6'5" wings with speed". He did not say that he needs to put the puck in the net when he gets so many good feeds. Wheeler should be appealing to a number of teams, as should Hunwick. Ok, when will 16 return?? That is the real question. Sturm has NOT even started to skate. Are their lingering problems?? If wheeler is traded before Sturm is ready, I would like Arneil/ Sauve/LoVecchio perhaps??
    Posted by Bogie6

None of those three are ready yet.

I doubt anyone gets traded right now.

I wonder if the Wheeler bashers noticed it was he who tied up two defensemen in front of the net to leave Ryder wide open for the easy goal thursday night. Probably not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Definitely.  As long as things dont take a major shift, I think Wheeler gets traded (to the Coyotes PLEASE!!!!) for a prospect or a pick and Ryder takes his spot.  Even when Ryder doesnt look great, he looks better than Wheeler.  BW just looks like a ghost out there. 

Krejci-Horton-Lucic
    Seguin-Bergeron-Caron
    Sturm-Wheeler-Recchi
    Ryder-Campbel-Thorty

Only problem is, I think Ryder would be much worse on this line.  He needs some puck-moving play makers with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Definitely.  As long as things dont take a major shift, I think Wheeler gets traded (to the Coyotes PLEASE!!!!) for a prospect or a pick and Ryder takes his spot.  Even when Ryder doesnt look great, he looks better than Wheeler.  BW just looks like a ghost out there.  Krejci-Horton-Lucic Seguin-Bergeron-Caron Sturm-Wheeler-Recchi Ryder-Campbel-Thorty Only problem is, I think Ryder would be much worse on this line.  He needs some puck-moving play makers with him.
    Posted by bigvig

Why the coyotes? Because you want to "teach him a lesson" or something?

You meet the nicest people on the Internet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

For the life of me I cannot understand some of the comments I read on here from time to time regarding Blake Wheeler.. Has anyone been watching the same games as I have so far this season.. Why would you want to trade him ?  You think 6'5  24 year olds grow on trees?  This guy has tremendous upside , only in his third year in the league ? .. I have seen some grit to his game  so far , battling for pucks , going into the dirty areas...the guy just needs to pop some in,  but it is way too early.. He will score between 25 -30 goals this year.. bank on it..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

KHL
    Wheeler-Seguin-Ryder
    Sturm-Bergeron-Caron
    Recchi-Campbell-Thorty

Marchand gets sent down maybe not if PC thinks the PK can survive without Paille as he migh be traded. Can't sit Ryder because he has been clicking with Seguin and for trade interest Michael's salary hit goes down as the season continues.

Recchi and Wheeler could change out on those lines or Sturm could get 4th line duties. Bergy's line could be the #2 line if you want but Marco's conditioning wise isn't ready for #2 TOI.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I say Wheeler sits; when Sturm comes back. If he starts producing, Ryder could be trade bait, since his contract is done this year and he is showing some scoring touch again. Marchand shouldn't sit, the first and fourth line should not be touched right now; except to change Macgrattan with Thornton when required.

Lucic Krejci Horton

Sturm Seguin Ryder

Recchi Bergeron Caron

Marchand Campbell Thornton/Mcgrattan

When Savy Comes back, he could centre Sturm and Seguin... Or Caron goes if Ryder is still around...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here's my take on Marchand.  Kid has been a scorer most of his life.  Huge scorer in junior, putting up 40 points in 20 games in one playoff year, and a point per game player his first playoff in Providence.  Two WJHC golds.  So far, he's had a few shots to demonstrate he can be that kind of player in the NHL but, as we all know, he's got 0 goals.  Seems like, this year, he came prepared to stay in the NHL by playing an energy role.  Getting kids to flip the switch and realize that they have a future a little less glamorous is pretty tough to do.  Marchand's playing like he's not only realized what he has to do to be an NHLer but like he figured it out in May and spent the summer preparing to do the job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulldixon. Show bulldixon's posts

Sit STURM. This guy is injury prone and a waste of space. Providence is where old Marco is headed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Sit STURM. This guy is injury prone and a waste of space. Providence is where old Marco is headed.
    Posted by bulldixon

Agreed I remeber that game 7 in montreal where he choked an open net away. Send him to the minors and put the Joe Thornton trade to bed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NOONE seems to have an answer for Why is Sturm NOT skating?? He should have 3 weeks of ever intense skating before he comes off the LTIR, so what's holding him up? Speculation on who he replaces is Ok, but, will he come back might be more of a concern. Duinne, recognize that Sauve/Arniel are still young and are gaining valuable time in AHL, but the skill sets are apparently there, particularly speed. I thought I read that Arniel was Seguin's wing in Juniors, and looked comfortable in pre-season play. What is needed is for Wheeler to improve. He is trying to be more agressive, but still goes offside, falls in offensive areas, dekes too often, and shoots wide or center mass. same problems as last year. He does have upside , which makes him trade bait, but, how long must the Bruins wait? and, does he pay attention or think his way is the only way?? It's hard to tell why he doesn't improve.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Wheeler, he must be feeling the pressure with each game to produce and I don't see a good outcome for him. Wheeler will be traded.

Go B's 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

NOONE seems to have an answer for Why is Sturm NOT skating?? He should have 3 weeks of ever intense skating before he comes off the LTIR, so what's holding him up? Speculation on who he replaces is Ok, but, will he come back might be more of a concern. Duinne, recognize that Sauve/Arniel are still young and are gaining valuable time in AHL, but the skill sets are apparently there, particularly speed. I thought I read that Arniel was Seguin's wing in Juniors, and looked comfortable in pre-season play. What is needed is for Wheeler to improve. He is trying to be more agressive, but still goes offside, falls in offensive areas, dekes too often, and shoots wide or center mass. same problems as last year. He does have upside , which makes him trade bait, but, how long must the Bruins wait? and, does he pay attention or think his way is the only way?? It's hard to tell why he doesn't improve.
    Posted by Bogie6

For all I know, Sturm is skating on his own. I haven't heard one way or another. (Interesting that Savard was skating for several days before anyone in the media knew about it.) Either way, he'll skate eventually. What's the rush?

As for Arniel and Sauve, skill sets and readiness for the NHL are two different things. I've watched Arniel and Sauve play for Providence, and the speed is certainly there. The complete game - not so much. Yes, they have a lot of promise. But there is no way either of them is ready for the big time yet. At this moment, if the Bruins were in dire need of an emergency call-up, the guy getting that call should be Reich. And I'm not a Reich fan. But you can see the difference in their knowledge of the game a mile away.

Your comment on Wheeler is telling in that you cited him going offsides. He did that once in Thursday's game (and it was more Bergeron's fault than his), yet it's something Bruins fans will continue to point to as one of his failings. He has improved -- his PK work has been outstanding, and he's one of the reasons Caron is looking good -- but I doubt he'll shake the "scapegoat" label that seems to have been stuck on him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Wheeler is getting plenty of opportunities he just needs to bury them. He is passing the puck well. Anybody catch who got the assist on that Chara goal against Washington. Wheeler started that play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

When savard and sturm comeback i envision the lines to look like

horton krejci Lucic
    Sturm Bergeron Caron
    Seguin Savard Recchi/Ryder
    Thornton Campbell Wheeler

I'd like to see instead

horton krejci Lucic
    Savard Bergeron Caron
    Sturm Seguin Recchi/Ryder
    Thornton Campbell Wheeler

Mcgrattan = bench

Marchand = Sent back to providence