who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?

Duinne, thanks for the views on Providence. Many of us live a long ways away, and beyond on-line comments plus Patriot Ledger, once in a while, we can only rely on the summaries indicating performance like SOG. I like Reich, but, he's more 4th line duty, and the B's need Wheeler to wake up, step up, or overcome his penchant for shooting wide[ 4-5 ft.] in the belly, or over the net. Either that or for Sturm to re-appear. My other concern is maximizing Seguin's skills. Obviously Recchi is acting like a mentor, and when Ryder shows up, the results improve, but Rex's lack of speed, compared to Seguin's, is noteable and Ryder's fadeaways are bothersome. The KID needs the consistency that Bergie provides Caron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Blake Wheeler seems like a rich mans Daniel Paille . Great speed creates numerous breakaways . Numerous breakaways create no goals . Both had 20 goal seasons ( in Paille's case 19 ), creating misleading offensive potential . Good on the penalty kill . Wheeler could be put to fourth line or traded. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Wheeler has stone hands. Never seen anyone miss so many breakaways opportunities. He is like a pj axelson. Even Paille has scored his share of breakaways

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line?:
    [QUOTE]NOONE seems to have an answer for Why is Sturm NOT skating?? He should have 3 weeks of ever intense skating before he comes off the LTIR, so what's holding him up? Speculation on who he replaces is Ok, but, will he come back might be more of a concern. Duinne, recognize that Sauve/Arniel are still young and are gaining valuable time in AHL, but the skill sets are apparently there, particularly speed. I thought I read that Arniel was Seguin's wing in Juniors, and looked comfortable in pre-season play. What is needed is for Wheeler to improve. He is trying to be more agressive, but still goes offside, falls in offensive areas, dekes too often, and shoots wide or center mass. same problems as last year. He does have upside , which makes him trade bait, but, how long must the Bruins wait? and, does he pay attention or think his way is the only way?? It's hard to tell why he doesn't improve.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

Arniel played with Sarnia and Guelph while Seguin played solely for Plymouth. Arniel never was Seguin's winger in junior.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Why are so many down on Wheeler....not many 6-4 guys got his speed...the seasons only 6 games in and to me he looks better than some who are getting bigger bucks..Big mistake trading him IMO.. Bergerons shooting has been just as bad and Krecji has only 1 goal but we know that will change...Wheelers had two productive seasons and will get his share....Recchi IMO is struggling with the speed of the game and Thornton brings very little...these are guys that should be squeezed out to make room along with Ference. McQuaid with his size and grit should be on this team and Paille can match the speed of todays game and should oust Thornton on the 4th line. Campbell's play has made Thorntons role uneeded...Recchi Ference Hunwick and Thornton should be expendable and not missed to make some room for Savard and Sturm..For what its worth thats my view of things!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Playing well is what PC probably wants from the guys who are on the bubble.  They'll have to clear 7.5 mill in cap space in order to fit Savard and Sturm, who themselves are not plausibly tradeable this year.  Wheeler, Ryder, Paille, and Hunwick/Stuart/Ference will be gone if there are no long term injuries and, other than Ference, all of those guys are historically healthy players.  That statement has nothing to do with their play, just business. Their good play now is better for the B's in that they will get a better value on them.  Hopefully when they trade these guys they can get the PMC (whatever that means) they're looking for. 

I am cautiously optimistic about this season. If the rooks play well and guys perform, they will be a legit stanley cup contender.  But if they slump like last year (and it is possible), along with so many changes to the lineup mid-season, I can see a messy situation popping up quickly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler has stone hands. Never seen anyone miss so many breakaways opportunities. He is like a pj axelson. Even Paille has scored his share of breakaways
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Well, this couldn't be more false.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"They'll have to clear 7.5 mill in cap space in order to fit Savard and Sturm, who themselves are not plausibly tradeable this year.  Wheeler, Ryder, Paille, and Hunwick/Stuart/Ference will be gone if there are no long term injuries"

Chiarelli only has to clear a little over 4Mil to get under th cap once Sturm and Savard return. Ryder to the minors, probably Paille and Hunwick gone for some draft picks. I don't see Chiarelli giving up on Wheeler just yet or he would have walked away from the arbitration award.

Mark Stuart will not be traded his cap hit is next to nothing especially what he does for the team check out Marks' hit then fight last night the Caveman is indispensible. Ference does have a moveable league average contract but I'd rather see Hunwick go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I thought it was likely that Savard returns before Sturm, so many of the lineups therefore don't take that into account. Am I wrong? Not sure. So when Savvy returns:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton (same as now)
    Jordan Caron-Patrice Bergeron-Blake Wheeler (same as now)
    Tyler Seguin-Mark Savard-Michael Ryder (how great would this be?)
    Mark Recchi-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Marchand and Paille rotate in as needed.

The trick is really what to do when Sturm is healthy. Not only do you have to juggle lineups, but there's a cap issue. A trade would be required if both Sturm and Savard are in the lineup. Unless you want to assign someone to the AHL, and there's nobody with a high salary that currently deserves this.

Nobody will take Savard or Sturm in a trade without having them play first, so the B's are forced to get them into the lineup. That means Ryder, Wheeler or Thomas would need to be moved given their salary and attractiveness to other teams. My guess is the only true moveable piece is Wheeler, which is sad given his early play. Dare I say I'd rather have Wheeler than Sturm, so maybe Sturm is the unlucky guy that plays in the AHL for the season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

My personal thoughts on this is that the Bruins strength in numbers is on Dfense and would not really cause a ripple effect on this team .. So looking at a way to get under a cap and be realistic in what teams would look for in a deal the ideal guy to move would be Ference and his 2.25mil salary as your first move.. Teams like Anaheim and Ottawa are looking for d man and a good draft pick can be had for him.. The only other move is to place Ryder in the minors for the time being.. no other move up front makes sense.. You have solid #1 line , #4 line is solid.. so the only #2 and #3 lines you would tinker with.. 

I like Sturm, can't wait until he gets back. .. provides speed and scoring ability , and another offensive  threat that can open up space for others with his speed.. hopefully his knee can hold up ?  He should be on the line with Bergy and Caron.. Call it the BCS line ! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

The one factor that is missed is the size of the contract.

Sturm: 3,500,000
    Marchand: 821,667

Not favorable math.

Factor Wheeler in and he is 2,200,000. They would have to move both of them to get Sturm under the cap. When Savard comes back, it gets even worse.

Harv

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]"They'll have to clear 7.5 mill in cap space in order to fit Savard and Sturm, who themselves are not plausibly tradeable this year.  Wheeler, Ryder, Paille, and Hunwick/Stuart/Ference will be gone if there are no long term injuries" Chiarelli only has to clear a little over 4Mil to get under th cap once Sturm and Savard return. Ryder to the minors, probably Paille and Hunwick gone for some draft picks. I don't see Chiarelli giving up on Wheeler just yet or he would have walked away from the arbitration award. Mark Stuart will not be traded his cap hit is next to nothing especially what he does for the team check out Marks' hit then fight last night the Caveman is indispensible. Ference does have a moveable league average contract but I'd rather see Hunwick go.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]   THEY DONT HAVE TO CLEAR 7.5 THEY NEED TO CLEAR 2.85 MIL TO BE RIGHT AT CAP   ALSO STURM IS SKATING I WAS AT PRACTICES LAST WEEK AND HE IS SKATING WITH SAVARD BEFORE THE TEAM TOOK THE ICE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Chiarelli only has to clear a little over 4Mil to get under the cap once Sturm and Savard return."

"According to capgeek.com, the Bruins have $1.8 million in cap space with Sturm and Savard on LTIR, and if they were to put them back in the lineup right now, Boston would be over the cap. Chiarelli told Lebrun that he is working to remedy the cap problems."

No kidding Sherlock! Do you even bother reading other posts before you put up your drivel!? But thanks for putting what I already said in caps. A little hint for the clueless when another poster puts a paragraph or sentence in quotation marks that means i'm about address what I disagree with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Just read where Sturm is skating, along with Savvy. That's the good news, the bad news is to determine who goes, since it appears that both Caron and Seguin will stay, and deserve it. Options are Paille[ not playing]; Ference [$2.2] but with Boychuck out Claude will not like it;Ryder fills all the needs and while capable he still does not show up consistently. Recchi is good on the point and is getting creamed around the net, so maybe alternate Marchand and Recchi, or bid adieu to Sean Thornton. That would leave Kreji/Horton/Lucic; Sturm/Bergeron/Caron; Seguin/Savard/Wheeler; Marchand/Recchi/Campbell/Thornton. The only change on Defense would be McQuaid for Boychuck. An embarrassment of riches does make for challenging decisions

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]"Chiarelli only has to clear a little over 4Mil to get under the cap once Sturm and Savard return." "According to capgeek.com, the Bruins have $1.8 million in cap space with Sturm and Savard on LTIR, and if they were to put them back in the lineup right now, Boston would be over the cap. Chiarelli told Lebrun that he is working to remedy the cap problems." No kidding Sherlock! Do you even bother reading other posts before you put up your drivel!? But thanks for putting what I already said in caps . A little hint for the clueless when another poster puts a paragraph or sentence in quotation marks that means i'm about address what I disagree with.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sandog , you are wasting your breath trying to explain the reason for the punctuation marks. The clueless one doesn't have any idea what they look like . Every community has a village idiot and ours is ........ 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who sits when 16 returns? and who moves to 4th line? : Sandog , you are wasting your breath trying to explain the reason for the punctuation marks. The clueless one doesn't have any idea what they look like . Every community has a village idiot and ours is ........ 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I know but sometimes I get fooled into giving that one last try to help but alas I get fooled again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Hey SandDog, I didn't think I'd start a galactic posting war here but I just want to ask how you're getting those cap numbers?  Are they the sum of the rolling, daily cap hits for players?  I just want to be sure, because when I wrote they need to move 7.5 mill I should've been more specific.  The daily rolling cap hits for both Savard and Sturm must be accounted for by taking out the salaries of two players with approximately equal daily, rolling cap hits.  So, although the B's don't need to literally move 7.5 million, the daily cap hits of two or more players must come off.  That is how I understand it, but I may be wrong.  At any rate, two roster spots will have to be cleared in order to get both those guys on the roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The ongoing fluctuation in the Cap does make a difference. Initially, on this thread, before the Rangers game, I was not too favoable towards Wheeler. In one game he showed that either he gets it; or he knows he's playing for next year's salary; or he's decided he likes the Bruins. Whatever, he was one of the best forwards on the ice. IMO it's all in his head. Remember how he fluffed off Phoenix; then he looked great in year one, and like a fumbling pushover in year two[ sophomoreitis ??] Then he pushes Chiarelli on the salary; he then stumbles for 5 games, showing maybes and little bits; then he plays strong, hard,upbeat ; he looks, in the Ranger game, like what we all hope for. This turnaround pushes an enigmatic Ryder closer to trade or Providence. Will he continue ??? tune in on Thursday