Who sits when Boychuck and Stuart come back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Who sits when Boychuck and Stuart come back?

I hope it's not Hunwick!!   He is our next Brad Park.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Who sits when Boychuck and Stuart come back?

Hunwick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Hunwick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Hunwick's been playing great.  He's done a good job recently carrying the puck out of our zone with some speed.  He seams to have gotten his confidence back.  I also like how he jumps into the play buy is fast enough to get back in position as necessary.

Sit Wideman.  Better yet, trade him.  He's been playing a little better lately (which isn't saying much) and his salary could be well spent on a forward to help Savard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

wideman...but theyll probably sit hunwick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman might cost too much to sit but he is not too valuable (which the trade market has clearly shown) ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

McQuaid and Boychuk.

Despite how terrible Wideman was the first part of this year, I must give credit where credit is due. Wideman in our winning streak, has been one of our better d-men. I know I'll get bashed for that because everybody has made him public enemy #1 but he has been much better. At least he tries to make plays out of his zone instead of always chipping it off the glass. In the win streak the plays he makes have been working where as earlier in the year they were not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who sits when Boychuck and Stuart come back?:
    McQuaid and Boychuk. Despite how terrible Wideman was the first part of this year, I must give credit where credit is due. Wideman in our winning streak, has been one of our better d-men. I know I'll get bashed for that because everybody has made him public enemy #1 but he has been much better. At least he tries to make plays out of his zone instead of always chipping it off the glass. In the win streak the plays he makes have been working where as earlier in the year they were not.
    Posted by savybergy77

Wideman has played well as of late whether the "fans" like it or not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

McQuaid and I wish Wideman!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

They will trade a Defenseman at the Deadline---here is my guess in order of teams actually wanting to aquire one of them:

1. Ferrence
    2. Stuart
    3. Wideman

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Hunwick and McQuaid sit as
    Chara Morris
    Ference Wideman
    Stuart Boychuk

Both Ference and Wideman were playing well during the winning streak
    I wouldn't trade any of the young d-men at the deadline as we could lose both Ference and Morris as unrestricted free agents
    McQuaid has been a pleasant surprise

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCUBA319. Show SCUBA319's posts

I think of the these will get traded at the deadline..

1.wideman- because hes making to much and playing horrible.
    2.morris- I like morris but the bruins arent going to sign him so i say trade him for a young prospect.
    3.ference-I never cared for this guy and hope to see him shipped out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I think of the these will get traded at the deadline.. 1.wideman- because hes making to much and playing horrible. 2.morris- I like morris but the bruins arent going to sign him so i say trade him for a young prospect. 3.ference-I never cared for this guy and hope to see him shipped out.
    Posted by SCUBA319
    For some reason the Bruins went on a winning streak when Ferrence returned. He may be one of the leaders in the dressing room!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Hunwick should sit.  The guy gets caught out of position way too much.  Sure, he can skate, but his decision making is still not up to par, and since he is lacking the physical size to make up for it, he needs more time to develop.

The D should look like this,

Chara - Wideman
    Morris - Ference
    Stuart - Boychuck
         McQuaid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

McQuaid does not have the skills of ANY of the other D men, except he has won a few fights.

Ference is not a fav on these boards because he doesn't score much.  However, he wins a lot of battles in the corners and is an excellent passer.  The B's record during his injury was AWFUL and coincidentally- the B's winning streak started as soon as Ference comes back into the lineup.

McQuaid will get sent down and Boychuk will be the extra D in the roster.  He'll play when guys are battered and bruised and need a day off or if their are more injuries...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I agree with you stinger, and I think you might be right about McQuaid being sent down. He is playing well for a defensive defenseman, but he is the odd man out given the rest of the D. I think Boychuk will be in the top 6, and Hunwick as the 7th defenseman. I think everyman's setup is right except the substitution of Hunwick for McQuaid. Julien likes Hunwick, and with his 1-way contract I don't think he'll want to take the chance on Hunwick entering waivers. Since McQuaid still has his 2-way contract it gives them flexibility to put him back in Providence. I'm not a fan of Wideman or Ference, but the team seems to win when Ference is in the lineup and Wideman still has some potential as much as I hate to admit it. If he could improve enough to increase his trade value they could ship him, unless he improved enough for them to want to keep him. He plays best with Chara, and easily worst with Hunwick. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Good analysis joeschmo, i agree 100% with your Wideman comments.  I think if a deal is made for any Bruins D, it will probably be in the offseason unless a contender has one or two D men injured and their hand is forced. 

I am glad that McQuaid has stepped up during this stretch and has proven he can fill in. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke8192. Show Duke8192's posts

I think you can not sit Ferrence, since he came back from injury the Bruins have been 4-0.   Maybe a coincidence, but right now keep him in.  Unless there is a deal before the deadline sending a defenseman somewhere, Hunwick and Mcquaid will be the scratches unfortunately.  Mcquaid is a solid defenseman that will drop the gloves, and like a few posts ago Hunwick has been skating with confidence again, like he did before the spleen injury. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hunwick...Brad Park?  Well, we can hope.

I think you'll see the lineup they envisioned at the beginning of the year - though the pairings might have changed:

Chara - Wideman
    Morris - Ference
    Stuart - Hunwick
    Boychuk.

McQuaid will go down and nurse dreams of 10-11.  Someone should give PC credit for getting the kid - I think he was acquired for a fourth round pick or something to that effect.  He was a second rounder for Columbus a few years back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

Adam McQuaid is an absolute animal. Very young, big and strong, good shot, defensively sound. Send him back to the P-Bruins for ice time and let him gain more confidence. Nice depth in youth on the Bruins blueline, all you PC haters should go play in traffic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Hunwick in not NHL ready.  He is very weak in his own end, he is undersized and his offensive attributes are average at best.  Guys like Huniwck are a dime a dozen.  Remember Kevin Dallman?  Hunwick is Don Sweeney minus the defensive smarts.  Hunwick needs a year in Providence if sending him down is even doable.  Despite his terrible first 50 something games I wouldn't count Wideman out just yet.  McQuaid and Boychuk should also be in the AHL or acting as the #7 Dman watching from the pressbox if the Bruins hope to make some real noise.  You can't expect to do much when 3 of your 6 D are AHL caliber and 1 of your top 4 D is Widemen and is playing like he belongs in the ECHL.

Bring in a top 4 D guy and push Wideman into a #5 or 6 role for now.  If Wides continues to stink the joint out then slide in McQuaid or Boychuck depending on the opposition but for now I would still include Wideman in the top 6.  Pair up Wideman and Ferance and play them as your #3 pair.  Chara and Morris plus Stuart and ??? (Niedermayer or Kaberle) would solidify the back end.