Who starts on Thurs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Who starts on Thurs?

I think Rask needs another game. Nice to have both playing equally well, but as coach do you ride the hot hand, or at least play TT until he gets a loss? You know watching TT this year compared to last year? I think he got hurt early in the season. I think if it hadn't been an Olympic year, he would've maybe got the surgery done sooner. Jim Craig's play for the US team in 1980 is what inspired Thomas. More than anything he wanted to play in the Olympics. So, that's why I think he wasn't himself last year & he played thru his injury because of the games. If TT & Rask can put together an 09 for Thomas & a 10' for Rask. The B's may just well break a record for least goals against in a season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Who starts on Thurs?

I'm with you.....Rask needs some work.  Nice to see Timmy playing so well.  But I think Tuukka should play on Thursday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Rask will play Thurs. He will play good. The guy is reliable and barely has a bad game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm fine with either because the team defense is playing great right now. Seidenberg and his 26Min TOI was awesome tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm good with either - we have the best tandem in the league and the best pairing that the Bruins have had in over 20 years. I have complete confidence in either Rask or Thomas as a starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

JC will, as he said "go with the hot hand"....TT starts....I really, really, really hope he finishes !!!!!....Go B's Go !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

You have to go with Tank. 3 games played and only 2 goals. He's hot so don't change a thing right now. Tuukka will get more games than Tank this year but as long as Tank has earned his spot between the pipes, leave him there IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs?:
    [QUOTE]You have to go with Tank. 3 games played and only 2 goals. He's hot so don't change a thing right now. Tuukka will get more games than Tank this year but as long as Tank has earned his spot between the pipes, leave him there IMO.
    Posted by NorthernBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Rask will start Thursday and hopefully the 2 goalies can get comfortable in a platoon setup(ala Moog/Lemelin).No problem having 2 great goalies.Bruins should be at top of league defensively again this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree that rask will need to start thurs. we can't have him sitting on the bench. I am more content knowing that Thomas looks in good form. Our goalie pairing will be definetely a positive factor for the season but Rask can't sit and get cold he will need the sophmore experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Rask should get the start.  Let's remember that Rask throughly outplayed Thomas last year to win the starting job.  This year he has had one start where the team played horrendously.  It's really not fair to have him lose the job because of that game and the guy will lose his edge if he doesn't get some work.

I love Thomas and the way he has been playing, but you've got to give Rask some work too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Time to give Rask a start?

Rask needs to play it has been almost 2 weeks,  TT has looked great but playing the hot hand in october is not that vital at the moment. If rask struggles then you go back to thomas, If thomas comes back to earth  then go back to rask, goaltending will not be a problem for the bruins this year, the only thing i am worried about is the powerplay at the moment . I know it will come around but we need to get this thing going. If we can get a little more offense out of PB 0-0 that would be great , only kidding he will come around also. As long as he is winning his faceoffs and checking good against the other teams number 1 lines i am happy about that. It was good hunwick bounced back from that giveaway on that goal washington got and scored the 3 rd goal which gave us a little bit of insurance helped out. One last thing david krejic is becoming the bruins number center he is playing great, That will take the pressure of seguin for the moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

All i can say is im happy to see that TT is doing good. I have a feeling it might be Rask but we'll see. I believe it would be wise to stay with the hot one rather then try something new and get thrown off couse.
    If evey one can stay healthy this season.. things are looking good for us Bruins fans... So excited.

Any one going to the game tom. night. I got a email for Fan fest outside the garden before the game start. Any one ever attended one of these in the past and if so what it like?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

My 2 cents is that Rask will get the start.  I'm sure Rask is chomping at the bit to get back out there.
    TT has had a great start to the season and sitting him for one game isn't the end of the world.

Having two quality goaltenders is a great "problem" to have for now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Wow, bunch of Rask fanboys, huh.

Can only IMAGINE what everyone would be saying if this had all happened the other way around (Timmy starting game 1 & gets shellacked, Rask then goes on to dominate).  We wouldnt even be HAVING this discussion.  It would be "Trade Thomas for a bag of pucks" all over again.

Rask might have played better than Thomas last year at TIMES, but that was LAST YEAR, this is now.  Timmy is HOT, you stay with the hot guy, its that simple.  He won the vezina in '08, he had a hip injury last year and he has come back even better.  Only 2 goals in 3 games and both were junk goals.

If you want to start losing, start messing with the goalie line-up, its that simple. 

If Rask gets the nod, Id be SHOCKED if he keeps the goals to only 3.  But when they do lose, it wont be his fault, right, it will be the TEAMS fault.

Play the hot goalie until he has a bad game, its about winning, not stroking a kids ego because he has played bad in his last 5 straight games going back to last years playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs?:
    [QUOTE]Wow, bunch of Rask fanboys, huh. Can only IMAGINE what everyone would be saying if this had all happened the other way around (Timmy starting game 1 & gets shellacked, Rask then goes on to dominate).  We wouldnt even be HAVING this discussion.  It would be "Trade Thomas for a bag of pucks" all over again. Rask might have played better than Thomas last year at TIMES, but that was LAST YEAR, this is now.  Timmy is HOT, you stay with the hot guy, its that simple.  He won the vezina in '08, he had a hip injury last year and he has come back even better.  Only 2 goals in 3 games and both were junk goals. If you want to start losing, start messing with the goalie line-up, its that simple.  If Rask gets the nod, Id be SHOCKED if he keeps the goals to ony 3.  But when they do lose, it wont be his fault, right, it will be the TEAMS fault. Play the hot goalie until he has a bad game, its about winning, not stroking a kids ego because he has played bad in his last 5 straight games going back to last years playoffs.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  Everyone here seems to be happy to have both guys -- does that make you a "fanboy"?

Did you watch the first game?  Did you think it was Rask's fault?

It is NOT about riding the 'hot hand' 4 games into the season -- it is about keeping the best goalie tandem in the NHL in top notch form.  Because one guy might get injured or hit a cold streak.  It's a long season.  In the playoffs you ride the hot hand, not in October.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Why not?  Rasks psyche?  Give me a break.  If he is a professional, he understands and can handle it.  If not, hockey isnt the right place for him.

Thomas plays until he has a bad game.  Itll happen at some point, then you go with Rask. 

I just hate the double standard because I know (from reading this board) that if it were the other way around, or other goalies like years past, this wouldnt be brought up.

I like having 2 capable goalies, but you dont switch it up because one might be your goalie of the future and needs time in the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

TT deserves credit.  I will be the first to admit that I didn't think he had it in him considering the injury, age and unconventional style.  But he's stepped up big time and his great play means one thing. 

The B's might just get more than a "bag of pucks" for him when the time is right.  Keep the tandem in place until the trade deadline and address the needs then.  Some good teams with serious goaltending issues will be driving the price up and up.  What we are watching unfold (TT reestablishing himself) is the absolute best case scenario the B's could have imagined.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtamdd. Show mtamdd's posts

First I am a huge Timmy fan, was very loyal to him last year and I said if he did get traded I would wear his new jersey to every home game of the Bruins.

So from that stand point I say start Timmy.

Now if I step away from my bias opinion, and look at like Julien will, how can you not go with Timmy 95 out of 97 saves in three games against the Washington Caps.

I agree we have two great goalies, and Tuuka does need to play, but play him on Saturday.

Timmy has earned the right to start in the season opener at home in front the the home crowd, he deseves his props from the fans, because he got plenty of boos last year.

I hope to see Timmy at the Garden in between the pipes tomorrow night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I understand why people want to trade him (money & age) but at the same time, if the guy is THIS competitive and gives you a chance every night, WHY trade him?  He isnt making that much over the next couple of years.  If something drastic happens and Rask shows he can be a TRUE NHL starting goalie, thats different, but I think it will take more than this year to prove that.  Timmy is going to be his old self this year barring any injury.

I think Timmy has been GREAT!  Its a home & home vs. arguably the best team in the east (at least the highest scoring) and you keep him in there.  Play Rask vs. the Rangers (they svck) and if he has a good game, keep him in there for Toronto & the Sens.  Ive got no problem with that.  I just dont think now is the time to sit Timmy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I believe in going with the hot hand in goal no matter what time of year....points are valuable whether the start middle or last of the schedule....right now Thomas is a brick wall and in my opinion won them the last game....like one poster said its a long season and Rask will surely get his chances....for me ...no question...Tank gets the nod tomorrow night!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree that Timmy has played great and I like him too.  I don't agree with the whole thing about him being treated unfairly.  Last year Rask was just plain better and led the league in save percentage for starting goalies.  Yet, Julien still played Timmy every 3rd game or so to keep him sharp and keep the tandem in good shape.  That is the exact same thing we are asking for now.  The Bruins played terribly in front of Rask in game 1 and they lost.  Rask has now sat for 3 games over two weeks and it is time to give the kid a little action , IMO.

It is not a Rask vs. Timmy thing for me.  I like 'em both.  Call me a 'fanboy' if you must...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

I think you give Timmy the start thurs night given his play. Win or lose though, Tuuka plays Sat. He has had some great games vs the Rangers and he needs some ice time to stay sharp (vs. phx game 1 he was unreal).  They will get the platoon down as the season gets going. The B's are in a great spot goaltending wise!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Tank has allowed 2 goals in three games and you think the coach is going to pull him. That's not going to happen.
    There's plenty of time for Rask to play. It's a long season and at some point Tank will need a break

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Thomas - he's got the hot hand.  
    Give Tuukka the start v. the Rangers on Saturday - he'll be hungry and help get us two more points.

TT = 0.67 GAA + 9.79 Save Percentage

Not much to debate for Thursday, in my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Initially I thought Rask should get the start.  I think 3 games and 3 wins in a row is good staring place for a goalie this early in the season. I feel he has earned the night off.  However, I didn't take into consideration that tomorrow night is the home opener.  I think Thomas deserves that game after how well he has played the last 3 games. Instead of being rewarded with a night off, he should get the reward of the first game in front of the home crowd.  I agree Rask gets the start Saturday Thomas in net Tomorrow!  Go B's!!!  Either way, I'm happy. 

Sections
Shortcuts