Who The Bruins Should Trade For:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tylerwhidden. Show tylerwhidden's posts

Who The Bruins Should Trade For:

I'd like to see the B's make a move for the following players (other than the superstars, i.e. Kovalchuk):

D Shane O'Brien, VAN
    D Thomas Hickey, LA (prospect)

F BJ Crombeen, StL
    F Daniel Carcillo, PHI
    F Patrick Sharpe, CHI

In other words, we need a tough guy. An actual tough guy, not like Thornton (who is tough) or Lucic. But a guy who, when he steps on the ice, people know he's gunning for blood.

Hickey and Sharpe are more for youth and skill.

Any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Re: Who The Bruins Should Trade For:

Why trade for that, it's not where the B's need help, Lucic's not tough?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Bruins need a sniper more than anything.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The Bruins do not need another tough guy.  That's Thornton's job.  And no NHL player should ever be on the ice "gunning for blood" unless it is an answer to some vicious act.  That's how players get suspended, not to mention how the players they "gun" for get hurt.

The Bruins have plenty of toughness in their lineup.  They just need to remember that on a nightly basis and use it to their advantage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Phil Kesell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Frolov, Crombeen, Backes, Umberger...

In Response to Who The Bruins Should Trade For::
    I'd like to see the B's make a move for the following players (other than the superstars, i.e. Kovalchuk): D Shane O'Brien, VAN D Thomas Hickey, LA (prospect) F BJ Crombeen, StL F Daniel Carcillo, PHI F Patrick Sharpe, CHI In other words, we need a tough guy. An actual tough guy, not like Thornton (who is tough) or Lucic. But a guy who, when he steps on the ice, people know he's gunning for blood. Hickey and Sharpe are more for youth and skill. Any ideas?
    Posted by tylerwhidden

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Why do people think Sharp's young? He's almost 30.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You say we need a "tough guy who is not like Thornton" , then you say Thorton is tough.

You seem to talk in riddles.

Maybe you mean we need a "goon", a guy who is only on the team to smash heads , a guy who wouldn't know which end of the stick to hold in his hands, or what to do with a puck if anyone actually passes it to him?

Dave Semenko retired years ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Canadiens have Georges Laracque. He's an "actual tough guy". And while they're playing better, having him on their roster (or even in their lineup) isn't doing ANYTHING for them.

The days when teams need to have an enforcer whose role is to simply drop the gloves are gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Who The Bruins Should Trade For::
    Brian Lawton
    Posted by imafan

Pretty sure he's a free agent - or at least some kind of agent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

In Response to Who The Bruins Should Trade For::
    I'd like to see the B's make a move for the following players (other than the superstars, i.e. Kovalchuk): D Shane O'Brien, VAN D Thomas Hickey, LA (prospect) F BJ Crombeen, StL F Daniel Carcillo, PHI F Patrick Sharpe, CHI In other words, we need a tough guy. An actual tough guy, not like Thornton (who is tough) or Lucic. But a guy who, when he steps on the ice, people know he's gunning for blood. Hickey and Sharpe are more for youth and skill. Any ideas?
    Posted by tylerwhidden

hahaa dude cromben is god awful and daniel carcillo is god awful we have tough guys are the team u need goal scorers do even watch the bruins at all plz dont ever wrtie another post saying bruins should get bj crombeen and carcillo wow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

This is just a dumb posting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

Dumb post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

There was a survey 2 weeks ago on CKAC in Montreal (french network) asking the fans to vote for the most intimidating NHL players...here are the results

No.1 Milan Lucic
    No.2 Zdeno
    No.3 Chris Pronger

Why would the Bruins need Carcillo ????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Bergeron & Toronto's picks for Kovulchuk (assuming he will sign long term)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

brier from philly whould make a nice fit (spelling might be off)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

What about Paul Kariya from St-Louis ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I think Kariya would be a nice fit....what's his salary pick-up?

Also, what about Martin St. Louis?

The Bruins need a sniper, pure and simple...a natural goal scorer.

Kovalchuk is still the wish-list player--I don't care what it takes. Put him and Savvy back together and we're instantly upgraded to Pens/Caps/Hawks/Sharks status and have a legitimate shot at the Cup.

Otherwise: Round 2 KO again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Nhidy - Kobasew - Kessel

Could use a little grit, and scoring - makes you wonder who's drivin the bus don't it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

trading Bergie & #1 Toronto Pick for Kovalchuk would be a mistake. First Bergie is the heart & soul of the team, hes 23 years old, plays great defense, and great penalty killer and faceoff guy. losing him would kill our overall depth. Kovalchuk your getting a prolific goal scorer, yes, but hes not a defensive player and the years with Hossa & Savard didnt get Kovalchuk a Cup in Atlanta, never came close, because their team had no defense or depth....Yah on paper Bergie for Kovalchuk sounds kind of good, but to me, in reality, it doesnt help us....having the depth of Savard, Bergie, Krejci at center is such a huge advantage over most teams, to have 3 deep at center....Plus Kovalchuk is a Free Agent end of year, doesnt look like Atlanta is signing him anytime soon, so if you have a chance for him, you dont even have to give up a thing if you get him via Free Agency....i think the best in trade you offer is Wheeler & the #1 pick....But Patrice is just too valuable all around player for the Bruins...still hate to give up the #1 pick, but for Kovalchuk is probably the only player i would do it for, just as long as you can sign him long term...if its just a rental, then i wouldnt deal the #1 pick....
    Posted by morphosis1974

I agree Wheeler + the #1 Tor. pick would be more palatable than losing Bergeron....BUT: The Bruins defense and goaltending is far better than what Atlanta had in those years when Kovy and Savvy were together....that was a ONE-LINE team and had no real chance at a title....Kovy w/Savvy NOW...on this Bruins team, given the depth they have....WOULD make for a legitimate shot at the Cup....and much as I would hate to lose Bergy for all the reasons you stated...it is also a sad truth that one more serious concussion could mean the end of his career....every game Bergeron plays at this point runs that risk.

My overall point is the Bruins COULD play it safe, as they always do, and not roll the dice for an impact player like Kovy, but I know that would just mean yet another year w./out a Cup....IF they had won in recent memory like the Pats, Celts and Sox, I would give them a pass, but Bruins Mgt. has NOT earned that right...the fan base has waited too long, and I believe it is time to say that next year is NOW.

Just for fun: what if Atlanta wanted LUCIC and a #1 or 2 pick for Kovy? Would you pull the trigger on that?

(I would.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

lucic and a number 1 pick for kovalchuk, provided he signs long term for a cap hit under 7 million....in a heart beat

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BopGun9. Show BopGun9's posts

Matt Cullen from Carolina; they're gonna keep Staal and Cam Ward, but probably blow the team up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Who The Bruins Should Trade For: : Pretty sure he's a free agent - or at least some kind of agent.
    Posted by Bookboy007

He's GM in T-Bay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

if your throwing draft picks in....i rather throw in b,s 1st this & leafs 1st next yr then leafs 1st this year...did that make sense?...bottomline rather give 2 1st,s then the leafs 1st this yr

Sections
Shortcuts