Who Then??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

Who Then??

It is obvious to us all the B's are in need of OFFENSE. 
    Who are some legit canidates to supplement the Bruins goal production short coming?  Think salary cap, and players were willing to deal.

Players I would part with that have value:
    1) Wideman- He turns the puck over constantly.  He is not the "great breakout pass" defenseman he gets credit for.  I think some team would show interest.

2) Bitz- Good size, young, but......no goal production.  The put him on the 1st line, gave 'em a chance.........no results.

3) Wheeler- I know, I know...I like him to.  BUT.... we have to give a little to get a little.  He has market value.

I think if we put these players together as a package deal we could get a 30-35 goal scorer.  An offesive threat.

My question is who is eligiable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Who Then??

You think Wideman has value?  I doubt you could even give him away as a salary dump right now.  Noone wants that chump for 4+ million  a year for the next 3 seasons.  Bitz doesn't have any value either.  He's a bum.  Overrated because of his "size".  Mikko Lethonen deserves his roster spot.  Wheeler has some value but surely not enough to bring in anything much better even packaged with draft picks.

Like everyone else, I like Krecji, but he has the most trade value and center is where Boston's strength is.  I'd package Krecji in a deal to bring in an elite goal scorer under contract past this season in a second.   I am more than happy with Sobotka as the 3rd line center going forward.  We also have Colborne waiting in the wings.  This team is full off underachieving 2nd and 3rd line players, they are going nowhere without a top line that can scare the opponent.  Bringing in guys like Whitney, Torres, or Ward at the deadline is not going to make this team a cup contender.  PC needs to go big or just become a seller at the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

I hear ya abra. However yes I do think Wideman has value.....I think that he has shown some flashes of a top line d-man....of course not consistantly.  If you give away these 3, and even throw in 2 or 3rd round, you may be able to get a goal scorer.

As for Krecji... he is not realsisticly going anywhere... the front office just locked him up...the don't want to deal him...

my question to u is who are u willing to deal.....that the front office is probably willing to deal......and who is someone they could bring in that potentially could be a difference maker.....I really don't know. 

This year my be a wash?

Players I'm NOT going to deal are
    Lucic
    Savard
    Bergeron
    Chara
    Krecji

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

This year IS a wash.  With that in mind, there's zero reason to panic now.  Keep the picks, make some moves over the summer and go from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

Delusional fans, simply compare Chara's number with Gonchar!!!! You will be surprised!  The year our Great Chara won the Norris, Gonchar was hurt!   Take a look but you may not like what you see.  Why Gonchar ?  For those of you too young to recall, he played for the Bruins before we refused to sign him as a FA b/c he was asking for market price!   Sounds familiar ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

MattyB ....please add to your list Wheel....I would never trade him believe me he will become a super star within a year or two ...he just needs to play on another line it doesnt work anymore with Ryder and Krejci ....

besides I agree with abra-cadaver Lehtonen would be a great addition to the team if he would replace Bitz ...he is big, he's got good hands and he can score ....please bring him in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if u think gonchar is better than chara...u just dont understand hockey 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

How is Gonchar not better than Chara?  What does chara bring that is better than Gonchar. It was a huge mistake when the B's let him walk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gonchar turned down more money from the Bruins but he'll always return to Pittsburgh with a pay cut lust like this summer. His family loves the area and there's a huge russian community there. 

Sergei is a better offensive defensmen than Chara but I have to give the overall ratings to Zdeno. Gonchar when he was younger blew Chara a way with ease.
    I was non pleased when Segei bolted to the Penquins he'll finish his career there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I did not agree with Ralston, Knuble, Gonchar, or Nylander.  JJ and Bettman were so in love with the cap.  JJ's abacus broke with the 24% reduction of current (03-04) contracts was added to the CBA.  Then he had the brilliant idea of trading Thornton!  

Now reality, it is 2010.  Trading now only matters if the Bruins can miraculously get Kovy for 8million a year with giving Atlanta a 1st round pick, Krejci, and Wheeler for instance.  That ain't going to happen.  Try 10million a year for Kovy!  Atlanta will not take any deal from the Bruins.  So, keep the picks.... we don't need old players. Think free agency! Think trades on draft day!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not a player in the league intimidated by Gonchar.Everyone is afraid of Chara.Zdeno plays a far more physical game and is capable of 50 points.Zee by a long ways over Gonchar.Has Gonchar won a Norris?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

pbergeron- You have answered the question I asked. And led me to check out some #'s and you have righted me. I was thinking that Gonchar was still putting up #'s as well.

Update- and now seeing that he has been hurt two months would explain this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Lets not forget that Gonchar checks about as good as Cassie Campbell would in an NHL game.