Who Thinks This Trade Is OK???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

Who Thinks This Trade Is OK???

I think the only thing coming between the 2010 Boston Bruins and Lord Stanleys Cup is something the Bruins never had since they got rid of Gonchar. ( A puck moving defenceman). So here something i think the Bruins should do to get a top 4 offensive defenceman and get alittle under the cap.

Trade F Ryder (1 yr $4 million) ,C Zach Hamill ( 1 yr 1.35 million) and Tor. 2nd Rounder in 2011 ( # 31-35 pick) to Colorado      
             For
    D John-Michael Liles ( 2yr $4.2 million) and Col. 3rd Rounder in 2011 ( #70-80)

Bruins Gain a star Defenceman and gain $1.15 million cap space
    Bruins Lose 20 goal man, Young star in Hamill, Top 35 pick

Colorado Gets a 20 goal man, young star in Hamill, and a Top 35 pick 2011 Draft
    Colorado loses a star defenceman and lose $1.15 million in cap space.

2010-2011 lines

Lucic   Savard   Horton
    Seguin Bergeron Recchi
    Sturm   Krejci     Wheeler
    Pallie  Campbell  Thornton

Chara     Liles
    Boychuk Seidenberg
    Stuart   Hunwick/McQuaid

Rask - play 50 games
    Thomas - play 32 games

LOOK AT THAT TEAM
    GO BRUINS GO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Re: Who Thinks This Trade Is OK???

I REALLY like that trade but I think you might have to throw a little more to get Liles...with th addition of Sequin and Horton Id part ways with either Caron or Colbourne...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

In Response to Who Thinks This Trade Is OK???:
    I think the only thing coming between the 2010 Boston Bruins and Lord Stanleys Cup is something the Bruins never had since they got rid of Gonchar. ( A puck moving defenceman). So here something i think the Bruins should do to get a top 4 offensive defenceman and get alittle under the cap. Trade F Ryder (1 yr $4 million) ,C Zach Hamill ( 1 yr 1.35 million) and Tor. 2nd Rounder in 2011 ( # 31-35 pick) to Colorado                For D John-Michael Liles ( 2yr $4.2 million) and Col. 3rd Rounder in 2011 ( #70-80) Bruins Gain a star Defenceman and gain $1.15 million cap space Bruins Lose 20 goal man, Young star in Hamill, Top 35 pick Colorado Gets a 20 goal man, young star in Hamill, and a Top 35 pick 2011 Draft Colorado loses a star defenceman and lose $1.15 million in cap space. 2010-2011 lines Lucic   Savard   Horton Seguin Bergeron Recchi Sturm   Krejci     Wheeler Pallie  Campbell  Thornton Chara     Liles Boychuk Seidenberg Stuart   Hunwick/McQuaid Rask - play 50 games Thomas - play 32 games LOOK AT THAT TEAM GO BRUINS GO
    Posted by K435

And where has Ference gone? Our D is pretty tight right now. There is no immediate need there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

He is a good puck moving defensemen and is cheap, relatively. Except for 2008-2009, where he was god awful on the defensive end, he's been consistent. Perhaps that year was a big time fluke year. Since he's cheap, and since he puts up good numbers, Colorado will not just hand him over. They'll want a pretty decent package in return. Colborne or Caron would def have to be in the package. Perhaps, as mentioned above, a Caron/Ryder/#31-#35Pick for him and a 3rd rounder.

They lost some wingers, and perhaps they'll strike gold with Ryder who's in his contract year. But, that leaves the Bruins with 1 less winger, and they'll have to go out on a pretty bare market to sign someone, unless whoever is left over out of Colborne or Caron makes the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

wouldnt mind liles but i would agree it would take more than ryder and hamil to get this done, so send ferrence not colborne or caron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Where does Ference magically disappear to?

I doubt this happens, the Avs have a solid playoff contender right now.

I think the only thing coming between the 2010 Boston Bruins and Lord Stanleys Cup is something the Bruins never had since they got rid of Gonchar. ( A puck moving defenceman). So here something i think the Bruins should do to get a top 4 offensive defenceman and get alittle under the cap. Trade F Ryder (1 yr $4 million) ,C Zach Hamill ( 1 yr 1.35 million) and Tor. 2nd Rounder in 2011 ( # 31-35 pick) to Colorado                For D John-Michael Liles ( 2yr $4.2 million) and Col. 3rd Rounder in 2011 ( #70-80) Bruins Gain a star Defenceman and gain $1.15 million cap space Bruins Lose 20 goal man, Young star in Hamill, Top 35 pick Colorado Gets a 20 goal man, young star in Hamill, and a Top 35 pick 2011 Draft Colorado loses a star defenceman and lose $1.15 million in cap space. 2010-2011 lines Lucic   Savard   Horton Seguin Bergeron Recchi Sturm   Krejci     Wheeler Pallie  Campbell  Thornton Chara     Liles Boychuk Seidenberg Stuart   Hunwick/McQuaid Rask - play 50 games Thomas - play 32 games LOOK AT THAT TEAM GO BRUINS GO
    Posted by K435

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Young star in Hamill"

Ryder and the Bruins 2011 2nd round pick might get it done but look for a team to do this that is down near the cap floor like the Islanders and PC would have to take at the very least 2.5Mil back Garth!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Posted by K435

Sorry, this might work if we actually had TO's 2011 2nd RD pick (link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4485942).
    Also, NOBODY wants Ryder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hamill as a "young star" might be a bit of a stretch.. "AHL prospect" probably more accurate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Oh Oh Oh, and Hamill too?!?!?!
    So, Col gets the following:
    - an imaginary 2nd rounder we don't own
    - on older underacheiver
    - a young underacheiver

Ya, I guess it could work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

Can you trade a pick you don't have. The bruins got the following for kessel:
    the Leafs sent the Bruins a first- and second-round pick in the 2010 draft, plus a first-round pick in the 2011 draft. The 21-year-old Kessel, a restricted free agent, signed a five-year, $27 million deal with the Leafs.

Posted by K435

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

And if all of the above reasons werent enough...Hammil's contract doesnt count against the cap, as he is (and will always be) an AHL'er (at best).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

What about this trade idea thrown out by a writer in Tampa Bay?

http://www.rawcharge.com/2010/7/21/1580370/boston-cap-party-is-steve-yzerman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think the only thing coming between the 2010 Boston Bruins and Lord Stanleys Cup is something the Bruins never had since they got rid of Gonchar. ( A puck moving defenceman). So here something i think the Bruins should do to get a top 4 offensive defenceman and get alittle under the cap. Trade F Ryder (1 yr $4 million) ,C Zach Hamill ( 1 yr 1.35 million) and Tor. 2nd Rounder in 2011 ( # 31-35 pick) to Colorado                For D John-Michael Liles ( 2yr $4.2 million) and Col. 3rd Rounder in 2011 ( #70-80) Bruins Gain a star Defenceman and gain $1.15 million cap space Bruins Lose 20 goal man, Young star in Hamill, Top 35 pick Colorado Gets a 20 goal man, young star in Hamill, and a Top 35 pick 2011 Draft
    Posted by K435

Liles played so poorly last season that he spent time in the press box despite his major salary.

(13 responses to the proposal, and not one person mentions this.  That says a lot about the NHL knowledge of many of you.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Who Thinks This Trade Is OK???:
    Yup, thats just not enough. First off we would still have to free up a bit of salary I feel. Maybe this. Hunwick, Ryder, 2nd rounder, Marchand for Liles and a low grade prospect, but I just don't see it happening. Also I think you could spend 4.2 million better than Liles. Pitkanin Streit Erhoff Zidlicky Foster, to name a few I know these guys would cost more in trade, but I don't mind sending more the other way if we get a guy with a better contract.
    Posted by pbergeron37

If you want to actually be as knowledgable about the NHL as you pretend to be, at some point you're going to have to figure out that talent doesn't grow on trees but cap space can be created.  So many of your posts are focused on the salary cap and what a player makes, you fail to see the value of any of the players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yup, thats just not enough. First off we would still have to free up a bit of salary I feel. Maybe this. Hunwick, Ryder, 2nd rounder, Marchand for Liles and a low grade prospect, but I just don't see it happening. Also I think you could spend 4.2 million better than Liles. Pitkanin Streit Erhoff Zidlicky Foster, to name a few I know these guys would cost more in trade, but I don't mind sending more the other way if we get a guy with a better contract.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Do you know anything about Liles?  He was so terrible last season that he was a healthy scratch a few times.  No one wants him.  No one wants Ryder.  Trade them for each other maybe.

Two unwanted pieces:  Ryder for Liles.

The rest of your trade seems a bit lopsided:  Hunwick, Marchand, 2nd round pick for a low grade prospect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh Oh Oh, and Hamill too?!?!?! So, Col gets the following: - an imaginary 2nd rounder we don't own - on older underacheiver - a young underacheiver Ya, I guess it could work.
    Posted by Wingnut11

Awesome.  I like the way it balances crap for right now with crap for the future, in exchange for crap on the blueline.  The Avalanche have been willing to dump Liles for over a year but don't have a replacement - yet.  Seven of their top 11 prospects are D, with both Shattenkirk and Elliott graded as top pairing guys - potentially.

This would absolutely work as long as the GM in Colorado is someone's 6 year old brother who is a little slow on the uptake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

K435:

We don't have Leaf's 2nd round pick in 2011.

We got two 1st (10-11), and one 2nd (10).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

So we're effectively adding $200K in cap space while overpaying for an underperforming defenseman. This might be one of the dumbest threads I've seen in a while. You not only add salary on, but you also create a logjam at a position that's actually set for the year. 

They do need to trade somebody, but the question is who? You'd like to avoid trading any player under 25, which is why Savard and Thomas have been the popular trade targets. Bergeron is an option to be traded depending on what Chiarelli's opinion is of him. Personally, I'm a fan of Bergerons. He still has a good offensive skill set, and since Julien's restricted what he can do offensively, Bergeron has improved his defensive talents to become one of the better 2-way centers in the league. I think his numbers would improve if he was playing with more talented players, as he scored 52 points in 73 games while playing with little to no offensive talent (see Paille, Daniel).

I think Chiarelli will entertain offers from teams who see blood in the water with the cap space. Teams like the Islanders who actually need to fill cap space to reach the cap floor or teams who have cap space and money to spend may be willing to take on a bad contract like Ryder's or Sturm's on the condition of us giving them a good draft pick or prospect in return. 

In the end, I believe Chiarelli will take advantage of Sturm's injury and use the LTIR to save some space. I know that Sturm will most likely be back by the end of November, but that's when you use a player like Colborne, Marchand or Sauve (players with 2-way contracts) so that when Sturm returns they can be sent back down. They may also send Ryder down to Providence, but that's not an attractive option for Jacobs, who had to pay Schaffer when he was sent down. Jacobs has begun to spend more since the cap was implemented, but even the most prosperous of teams would be unwilling to send $4 million to the AHL. 

Expect a trade of a veteran and some of the younger players to push for a 3rd line spot. Sending Seguin back may ultimately be the safest move for the structure of the roster and potentially for Seguin. I'm not saying Seguin isn't ready, but another year in Plymouth could benefit him more than making his bones on the 3rd line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from degolds. Show degolds's posts

We don't have Toronto's 2nd pick in 2011 do we ? We have Torontos first pick in 2011.
    Posted by K435

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by K435

The entire Colorado management would have to be high on crystal and crack, and you would have to have incriminating pictures of them with the neighbor's cat before they would even VAGUELY CONSIDER that deal.

young star in Hamill
    ?????????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Who Thinks This Trade Is OK??? : Liles played so poorly last season that he spent time in the press box despite his major salary. (13 responses to the proposal, and not one person mentions this.  That says a lot about the NHL knowledge of many of you.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Totally unfair. Part 1 of what goes to Colorado is so absurd, no one can get to part 2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

J-M Liles is a good enough D-man for depth but he's hardly a star so I'm not sure where that came from. He's also a top pairing D-man either. If the point is to just do a salary dump, fine go for Ryder and Liles straight up but I wouldn't give up Toronto's 2nd in that deal or even consider it. 

Along the same lines, nothing about Zach Hamill says he's a young star, heck nothing about Zach Hamill even says NHL so throw him in for fun if you like.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

In Response to Who Thinks This Trade Is OK??? : Liles played so poorly last season that he spent time in the press box despite his major salary. (13 responses to the proposal, and not one person mentions this.  That says a lot about the NHL knowledge of many of you.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's called I searched teh intrwebs and looked for D-man making less than $3 million a season and looked at their stats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

Posted by K435

i love the who idea but instead of mqquaid/hunwick i'd rather watch ference or mcquaid hunwick is also good trade bait

Sections
Shortcuts