Who will sit out tomorrow : Hnidy or Montador

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Who will sit out tomorrow : Hnidy or Montador

This is kind of a tough call.I like the way Montador played in game 4 ,he really picked his game up but Hnidy/Stuart play very well together.Personally I would sit Montador and pair Ference  with Wideman .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: Who will sit out tomorrow : Hnidy or Montador

Montador, I hope. With due respect, I'd be interested in hearing what Montador did exceptionally well in game 4, in your opinion. My own viewing of the game showed a bunch of sloppy plays on his part, though maybe fewer than in previous games.

I just don't see it--the Montador thing. What's he good for? Enlighten me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Monty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

monty should sit out,bruinsunite the only thing i see montador good for is depth,'sides that not much oh and he'll TAKE a beating for anyone on the team!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

YellMONTADOR... no offense, BUT....... HE HAS NO OFFENCE.  plus he constantly turning the wrong way on plays in his own end ...never takes a direct route to the puck carrier... tends to get out muscled... and is a poor passer... beside that he,s good to go !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[QUOTE]Montador, I hope. With due respect, I'd be interested in hearing what Montador did exceptionally well in game 4, in your opinion. My own viewing of the game showed a bunch of sloppy plays on his part, though maybe fewer than in previous games. I just don't see it--the Montador thing. What's he good for? Enlighten me.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]Foot in mouth  WELL........... AHH.......... HE,S AHH.............NEVER MIND !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I hope its Hnidy playing and Montador sitting.

good to have Ference back for round 2

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

hnidy has been the odd man out let him play he did good in the games against the habs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

he scored a big goal in game 4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]monty should sit out,bruinsunite the only thing i see montador good for is depth,'sides that not much oh and he'll TAKE a beating for anyone on the team!!
    Posted by bruinsfan76[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

From Fluto's mailbag

Please tell me that Shane Hnidy will get the nod over Steve Montador as the sixth defenseman with Andrew Ference back. Since Montador was acquired, I feel as though he has hurt the team (with multiple mistakes per game) more than he has helped. Hnidy is a solid defender who doesn't make too many mistakes and has been a solid team guy all year.
    Eric, Cumberland, R.I.

A: Eric, I don't think you'll get your wish. My guess is that Ference will be back with Dennis Wideman, and Montador plays with Mark Stuart on the third pairing. I would have agreed with you before the start of the playoffs. Hnidy looked to be a safer player. There's also good chemistry between Hnidy and Stuart. I thought Montador had a little too much of Wideman's old game in him -- taking chances and not being dependable in his own zone. But Montador was very good against Montreal. Took the risk out of his game. Had nine blocked shots in Game 3. He's a better puck-mover than Hnidy and a better skater. Tough call. But I think Montador gets the nod this time. That said, there will be injuries. Hnidy will get playing time down the road.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Monty blocks alot of rubber with his body.  His sacrifice goes mostly unnoticed.  Shot blocking defensemen gets my nod all else being equal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Steve Montador or Shane Hnidy ? I'm fine with either one but if I had to choose it would be Shane Hnidy because the way he responded with a goal in the playoffs when he filled in for Hunwick in Game 3 vs. the habs.

There was a reason he responded that way. He was a healthy scratch for most of the end the regular season why ? PC went out and got Monty because he was not confident with Hnidys game.

Now PC, the Bruins and Bruins fans win win! BruinsUnite is right Monty has not been sharp as of late but with the 2 of them fighting for minutes I think they'll be on top of there game.

I do still like Monty because he's tough, got an edge (not skills but nasty edge) and he'll protect our skilled players when Z isn't on the ice. Hnidy gets the start for now because he responded to PCs challenge.