Who would you build your franchise around starting today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Who would you build your franchise around starting today?

Who goes #1 if everyone's in play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Who would you build your franchise around starting today?

LOL @ Lucic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

i would start with a goalie and then work  my way out from there

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Seems like someone has a crush on Lucic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

The Sedins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I picked Toews.  Maybe just because his performance is fresh in my mind.  He was great in the Olympics and Con Smythe winner.  Looks like a leader too, more so that Crosby or Ovie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you build your franchise around starting today?:
    I picked Toews.  Maybe just because his performance is fresh in my mind.  He was great in the Olympics and Con Smythe winner.  Looks like a leader too, more so that Crosby or Ovie.
    Posted by scooter244

I also picked Toews. His overall play really just stands out more than anyone else. Ovechkin is not a team player, Crosby gives a bad image of whining and diving, Lucic is not a top pick, and Mike Richards plays dirty sometimes. Toews is a great player with great leadership qualities and would lead any team to the promised land.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Jedi33, then name which goalie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

It would be a better question if it were focused on the B's:

Who would you build around:...Rask, Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin?

My thought now would be Rask and making sure we put a solid D around him, but lets see what a year with Seguin brings.  Chicago wasted no time handing over the team to Toews with great results...will we be able to do the same??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Good post.

IMHO, I would build around Crosby, best overall game and at his ripe old age is already been in a leadership role for a decade.

Who would I build around out of Rask, Looch, Bergy, Krejci or Seguin? ..all of 'em. Lucky for us we don't have to choose, we have em all (counting on the Seguin egg before it hatches).

Although, I always feel you should build your team from the net out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

It would be a better question if it were focused on the B's: Who would you build around:...Rask, Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin? My thought now would be Rask and making sure we put a solid D around him, but lets see what a year with Seguin brings.  Chicago wasted no time handing over the team to Toews with great results...will we be able to do the same??
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I guess what we are talking about here is the central piece that the others all fit into.  It has been Chara.  This team is built around defense.  Going forward, I'm hoping that Seguin is the man.  That is why I lean towards him over Hall... it's his potential to be a team leader that's really attractive. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

LOL @ Lucic is correct. Lucic is AT BEST a complimentary piece. To think that he is a player to build the franchise around is laughable. You idiots in boston overrate him so bad its not even funny.

i would go with either richards, toews, or seguin/hall. Richards and toews are both young captains who leave it out on the ice, hit, kill penalties, are strong defensively, and still put up points. I wouldnt take crosby because of his attitude. You see his tantram against montreal. Lucic doesnt even belong on that list, ovechkin is a a dirty, cheapshoting player who makes too much money (9.5 mill per) for a salary cap era. Seguin or hall are pretty much sure fire players, so they have to be included

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Not one player.  You need a nucleus.  Not any one player can do it all
    (Gretz had Messier, Coffey and Kuri; Lemieux had Jagr (and Coffey), Orr had Esposito, Cashman, Hodge), Yzerman had Lindstrom, Federov, Zetterberg;
    Crosby had Malkin, Staal etc....

I think a champsionship need has:
    1. Elite centerman
    2. Elite Sniper/goal scorer
    3. Stud Defenceman
    4. Quality goaltender (would be nice).

How about Towes/Kane/Keith..........oh crap Chicago has all three of them...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

LOL @ Lucic is correct. Lucic is AT BEST a complimentary piece. To think that he is a player to build the franchise around is laughable. You idiots in boston overrate him so bad its not even funny. i would go with either richards, toews, or seguin/hall. Richards and toews are both young captains who leave it out on the ice, hit, kill penalties, are strong defensively, and still put up points. I wouldnt take crosby because of his attitude. You see his tantram against montreal. Lucic doesnt even belong on that list, ovechkin is a a dirty, cheapshoting player who makes too much money (9.5 mill per) for a salary cap era. Seguin or hall are pretty much sure fire players, so they have to be included
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Hey Burger Boy, if you actually took the time to read, you might find that most of the posters on this board, do not over-rate Lucic.
    Most figure his new contract is too high, and he had a terrible year.
    As far as passing on Crosby because of attitude, is silly. The guy is what, 20 years old?
    A little bit of immaturity at that age, wouldn't prevent me from taking a guy that finds ways to win all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If I want to start a new club, I would like to start with the best hockey player in the world today.

With the first selection in the NHL (New Hockey League), the NorthShore Not-A-Shots select Sidney Crosby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I must admit the first thing that went through my head was "why is brad richards on this list"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And for the record, I would start with Crosby, possibly Doughty.. I prefer Ovechkin and I do think he is better (in a game of one on one I would venture to say he kills crosby)..But that being said Center is a more valuable position, and crosby makes the guys around him better..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

OP must be by Jay Feaster.  Lecavalier's never produced without him - they were teammates in junior before they won a Cup in T-Bag.

There's a lot to be said for the "build from the net out" strategy, but I don't know if that goaltender's out there right now.  Luongo looked more human than human against Chicago for two straight years.  Brodeur's clearly declining.  Miller got lit up by the Bruins (you may have heard this, but they struggle to score) in the playoffs, Kiprusoff's been hit and miss, and the recent Cup-winning goalies haven't been world-beaters. 

So, can I take Crosby, then deal him for Doughty and Stamkos?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

Jedi33, then name which goalie.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Rask or Miller

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Agreed, I'm a big Lucic fan but thats some pretty lofty company there!

More like a game of, "One of these players is not like the others."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Agreed, I'm a big Licic fan but thats some pretty lofty company there! More like a game of, "One of these players is not like the others."
    Posted by MDsizzle

Similar,
    but I would wager you may have to take him in the first round, I don't know if 30 teams would pass on him...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I picked Crosby but was tempted with Phil Kessel or Brian Burke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

how did blake wheeler and 37 points not find his way onto this list??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The guy who has already won the Stanley Cup ring, the Hart, the Rocket Richard Trophy, the WJC Gold Medal and the Olympic Gold Medal...

Naturally !

Toews would be a distant second...

Who is Alexander the Great ? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Hahahaha...

5% of the voters chose Lucic ????

Ok, fess up so we can laugh at you for being a Homer...

Sections
Shortcuts