Whos had enough of Bitz.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Whos had enough of Bitz.

Bitz doesn't belong on the 1st line i would rather have anybody but him there. He has hands of stone and is non creative.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Whos had enough of Bitz.

Now even Fluto on his blog brought this up.
    I cannot believe after last game against NYI he was still on the line with Savard. Just ridiculous ! 
    I know there's not much else to do but put the guy on the 4th line. 
    I hope the challenge of playing Chicago friday pumps this team or they're cooked !
    I hate to see what can happen in Toronto.
    This is a broken record that will replay itself all season.  
    We have games we score , win some games and the back to no offensive punch.
    What's the excuse.... just a bad game .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

i agree...nice enough player but certainly no business on the 1st line.  for a while there he was the heir apparent to gabe kapler for unwarranted hero worship in the hub.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He strikes me as a lifetime 4th liner. I'd rather see Begin or Paille get a chance on the top line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Bitz's problem is he has no hands. He can't score and he can't fight.He don't belong on the first line on the the last place team in the AHL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Whos had enough of Bitz.:
    [QUOTE]He strikes me as a lifetime 4th liner. I'd rather see Begin or Paille get a chance on the top line.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Paille did pretty well on the 1st line last week.  Just keep him there for 2-3-4 games and see what he can do. Too much juggling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston continues to pretend they can still be an elite hockey team without an NHL first line. Its sad, really. Bitz is a 4th liner, Wheeler a 3rd.

Time to bite the bullet and move Sobotka to 3rd line center, Krejci to 2nd line center and Bergeron to first line RW. Savard needs help. Boston just isn't the infinitely deep team it was last year..especially with Lucic out and Kessel gone.

ps. Kessel had his 12th goal tonight, a scorching wrister as per usual.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Bitz has a role on this team- 3rd or 4th line.  There is a more serious problem:  Shawn Thornton.  If this guy is not fighting, he does not deserve to be in the NHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Julien likes him and is stubborn enough to try and make him something that he is not.. I have seen enough..I know they are just waiting for Lucic to come back and try to weather the storm , but this team is offensively challenged as I have stated repeatedly .. No problem with goalies and D.. This team holds the opposition to 2 goals or less most games and loses.. These should be automatic wins...I guess PC is going to wait it out until after the Olympic break.. Bad Move..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Gotta wonder why Claude Julian is so reluctent to take Bitz off the first line.Why not put Ryder on the first line, has to be better than Bitz.This team really seems to lack identity when Lucic is out of the lineup.As far as I concered Wheeler shoud take a seat in the pressbox ,untill he learns to at least finish his checks,I,ve seen women hit harder than this guy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Bitzy knows his role and plays within his role...the problem is, Julian is trying to put him in a situation that makes him step out of his boundries and skill limitations. PC's waiting on seeing a fully healthy team before he knows what he needs to make for moves, and unfortunately...we still can't fully guage where we are yet until Lucic returns and we see what the full lines are. By this time, the options will be much for feasable since cap hit in trades is prorated anyways. Patience is a virtue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Maybe he doesn't belong on the first line but I don't know how anyone could single him out as a main problem. And I don't see how Wheeler can be placed above him in terms of lines.

Bitz wins battles and makes space; Wheeler makes self-passes and gets knocked over by small players in the process. He makes that exact same move and that exact same error about 3-6 times per game. At this point I can only blame the coaches for not doing something about it sooner.

Bitz's timing is sometimes off when receiving a good pass in front of the net. Wheeler doesn't see the front of the ner.

Of course, when given enough space, Wheeler looks great with the cool stick handling and all that! But in the words of another poster on here, you gotta ask yourself, where does the puck end up?

Count the turn-overs per game and tell me why Julien's decision to take Wheeler off the Savard line tonight came 58 minutes too late.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta wonder why Claude Julian is so reluctent to take Bitz off the first line.Why not put Ryder on the first line, has to be better than Bitz.This team really seems to lack identity when Lucic is out of the lineup.As far as I concered Wheeler shoud take a seat in the pressbox ,untill he learns to at least finish his checks,I,ve seen women hit harder than this guy!
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

Why mess with the chemistry Ryder and Krejci have shown over the last 2 seasons?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos had enough of Bitz. : Why mess with the chemistry Ryder and Krejci have shown over the last 2 seasons?
    Posted by Heelsox[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought initially-- why mess with the chemistry? But realistically, the chemistry has only shown itself two or three times. Besides, I'm just thankful he finally removed Wheeler tonight late in the 3rd; he was replaced by Ryder.

Don't forget a lot of these games are just a series of dump-ins and battles. No one does that better than a guy like Bitz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe he doesn't belong on the first line but I don't know how anyone could single him out as a main problem.

I don't think people are saying he's the main problem.  IMHO, Bitz is a good 4th liner.  The problem is the coach who puts him in a position on the first line when Bitz's talent doesn't allow him to help the team at all.  Wheeler is dealing with some issues too but Bitz has no business playing with Savvy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos had enough of Bitz. : [QUOTE]Maybe he doesn't belong on the first line but I don't know how anyone could single him out as a main problem. I don't think people are saying he's the main problem.  IMHO, Bitz is a good 4th liner.  The problem is the coach who puts him in a position on the first line when Bitz's talent doesn't allow him to help the team at all.  Wheeler is dealing with some issues too but Bitz has no business playing with Savvy.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

I am not saying he's ready for the 1st line either and do I see your point(s) here. But I think he's the least of our problems on that line. In my own humble opinion, he isn't a 4th liner (let's remember how recently he came in and what he did for us in the playoffs, without experience) and I don't think he's ready for the 1st line, but it's too early to tell where he belongs exactly. He hasn't had a chance to develop yet, in part because all the lines are messed up at this point.

And of course the dump-ins and battles are a huge part of this team's game. That makes Bitz a VIP.

I was recently told that we should expect a trade in the next 48 hours. I believe it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

True enough about the team's identity.  I also like Bitz but i'd disagree with you about what line he should be on.  On this team, he doesn't belong on the top 3 lines.  He shouldn't be playing on Bergy's line, DK's, or Savvy's.  Maybe if they put a couple of centers on the same line he may be moved to the 3rd but i think even Paille or Sobotka have skills better than his that make them wiser choices, IMHO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Who knows where something will click though. Hockey relies on chemistry more than any other sport out there, and when you have a team that's as balanced and interchangable on the wings as the Bruins are...you have to try every combo until you find one that works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here we go , along with Julien's interview:

Looks like the Byron Bitz experiment might be over. Bitz couldn't bury a fabulous scoring chance in the first, and didn't have much offensive presence otherwise. Tough to criticize a grinder for not scoring, but as noted before, Bitz doesn't have the finish to have playing time alongside Marc Savard. "We're going to have to do something," Savard said. "Savvy is a guy that should lead our team in points. Somehow you have to get him guys that can put the puck in the net. We have a lot of guys who are not consistent in that area."

Well that sums it all up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Haha beat me to the post. Bitz on line 1 is no more. As the need for a scoring winger becomes more prevalent, as it was so obvious tonight, the more likely they make a move to address that issue.

Id like to add though that even the D was bad tonight, guys like Stuart making uncharacteristically foolish plays with the puck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I think this probably brings us back to the thread about needing a scoring winger for Savard. Bitz and Wheels have their place but it's not on the 1st line. Even taking into account that Lucic is out that still means the 1st line is short.

In the meantime I'd rather see Wheeler back with Krejci where his production is better. I also think Paille would be better than Bitz up there. That's still not a long term solution. Problem is the team is heavy on centres and grinders but can only score against Toronto.

I'm sure Chia and Julien will make a move but hopefully its sooner rather than later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

bitz is awful i cant wait to see when looch comes back... what are you going to do with vladi? hes playing awesome right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

[QUOTE]Haha beat me to the post. Bitz on line 1 is no more. As the need for a scoring winger becomes more prevalent, as it was so obvious tonight, the more likely they make a move to address that issue. Id like to add though that even the D was bad tonight, guys like Stuart making uncharacteristically foolish plays with the puck.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? I thought Stuart played really well. Missed the mistakes maybe but he seemed to be playing really hard and kind of even stood out to me in that way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

[QUOTE]bitz is awful i cant wait to see when looch comes back... what are you going to do with vladi? hes playing awesome right
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

I think the Bruins should call up Marchand at least he showed some speed and puck presence. I'm not saying he is the answer but could it really get any worse.