Whos had enough of Bitz.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Re: Whos had enough of Bitz.

You know, I can't beleive that Julien called out Krejci and Bitz for their mistakes in his interview, and said nothing about Ryder's missed shot on an open net in the 2nd. That killed the momentum of the whole game, which was, at that point, really strong. They were attacking like crazy.

Instead, he puts ryder on the first line in the 3rd.

Don't tell me Julien isn't playing favorites. Or, rather, favoritism. His sweet boy Ryder ain't cutting it.

The Wheeler story we all know by now and most of us don't expect him to do anything right (not on purpose), but let's call it like it is. Ryder's been an embarrassment too. Apart from one nice assist and one nice goal, both in the same game, what has he done to deserve a place next to Savy? This guy has one goal in the last 11 games. 8 goals in 32 games. And about 20 missed real opportunities.

At least Bitz works hard. Not a first liner I know, but not lazy either. The kid is still wet behind the ears, he's there to grind, and he got planted on the first line. What's he supposed to do? He spendds all his time against the boards. Thanks to Julien's decision, the kid's confidence must be NIL right now.

Yeah Lucic would have been the worst possible injury for this team to incur, along with Savard and Rask. Rask is healthy, we got Savy back, but this team is really, really missing Lucic.

I didn't think his absence would be quite this detrimental.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

One player: Nathan Horton. Make it happen, somehow. Dump wideman and Sebotka. The Bs can manage without those two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Whos had enough of Bitz.:
    [QUOTE]Boston continues to pretend they can still be an elite hockey team without an NHL first line. Its sad, really. Bitz is a 4th liner, Wheeler a 3rd. Time to bite the bullet and move Sobotka to 3rd line center, Krejci to 2nd line center and Bergeron to first line RW. Savard needs help. Boston just isn't the infinitely deep team it was last year..especially with Lucic out and Kessel gone. ps. Kessel had his 12th goal tonight, a scorching wrister as per usual.
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Amen.  Bergy on first right wing.  Wow!! 

Bitz with Thornton and Begin would be the ultimate crash-bang line.

Or, perhaps, Sobotka up with Savvy.  He's getting better every game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Savard needs a bonafide finisher on the first line. You are all correct when you say goaltending is not the big problem. At this point I would loved to have acquired Heatley. Say what you will about him, but he proves that he can finish and if he were playing with Savard, he'd be potting goals consistently. However, the problem is, the bruins need more than 1 finisher, we need at least 2. Sturm, Ryder , Sobotka and Wheeler are not scoring consistently.

At some point, Chiarelli must decide how much longer he can stand around and do nothing. Good defense is always helpful, but if you cannot score goals, then you won't win as many games as you could. It reminds me of the 90s when Neely was injured and Adam Oates was left to do it all himself without a bonafide finisher to play with. At that time, Oates eventually complained that Management was not trying to make the team better to contend for a cup. After which he was shipped out for questioning management's desire to win.

I wonder what would happen if Savard were to question management in the same way.  What do you all think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Trade Wheeler while his 24 goals from last year still has currency around the league .... this guy is a giant pantywaist. I wish Orr would have b slapped him more 2 saturdays ago after he ran White from behind..... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

When Savard first came back, the line made sense.  Wait until Savard has his game back before disrupting what had been succesful other lines.
    Savard seems to be playing well, and those other lines have not been successful.  Even if Bitz is kept on the line as a Lucic-lite, I think adjustments should have been made games ago.  Julien can be frustratingly stubborn sometimes.  But then he's the one paid large sums of money for these decisions, so what do I know?

BsLegion - notice that quote is attributed to Savard?  Has he started to refer to himself in the third person as "Savvy"?  If so... I worry.  Or it's awsome.  I can't decide which.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Wheeler has no jam or grit to his game.  He's a waste of size, speed and ability.  If he only got dirty once in awhile....

Bitz, on the other hand, is just the opposite.  But, a career fourth-liner.

If we could only combine the two into one player..... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

[QUOTE]Bitz has a role on this team- 3rd or 4th line.  There is a more serious problem:  Shawn Thornton.  If this guy is not fighting, he does not deserve to be in the NHL.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Um yeah ur an idiot, wasn't Thornton who set up the LONE goal last night.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Savard needs a bonafide finisher on the first line. You are all correct when you say goaltending is not the big problem. At this point I would loved to have acquired Heatley. Say what you will about him, but he proves that he can finish and if he were playing with Savard, he'd be potting goals consistently. However, the problem is, the bruins need more than 1 finisher, we need at least 2. Sturm, Ryder , Sobotka and Wheeler are not scoring consistently. At some point, Chiarelli must decide how much longer he can stand around and do nothing. Good defense is always helpful, but if you cannot score goals, then you won't win as many games as you could. It reminds me of the 90s when Neely was injured and Adam Oates was left to do it all himself without a bonafide finisher to play with. At that time, Oates eventually complained that Management was not trying to make the team better to contend for a cup. After which he was shipped out for questioning management's desire to win. I wonder what would happen if Savard were to question management in the same way.  What do you all think?  
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever[/QUOTE]

Sinden era shipped out anybody who passed wind in the men's room with a member of management present, witness Moog who's only crime was to be a player rep.  That was then and this is now, the days back then were ruthless towards players and now management is *trying* to be player friendly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]When Savard first came back, the line made sense.  Wait until Savard has his game back before disrupting what had been succesful other lines. Savard seems to be playing well, and those other lines have not been successful.  Even if Bitz is kept on the line as a Lucic-lite, I think adjustments should have been made games ago.  Julien can be frustratingly stubborn sometimes.  But then he's the one paid large sums of money for these decisions, so what do I know? BsLegion - notice that quote is attributed to Savard?  Has he started to refer to himself in the third person as "Savvy"?  If so... I worry.  Or it's awsome.  I can't decide which.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

In the Blog when it's starts with " Savvy ....  "  That's Julien talking and I'm glad he seeing that.
    For sure Bitz will be back on the 4th line.
    I say go back to Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder and stick with them .
    Bergeron line (Recchi-Sturm )should not change as it's the checking line that has worked well shutting down the other teams best.  It'll be a major factor against Kane-Toews and on saturday whatever line Kessel is on.
    It doesn't leave much for Savvy, Sobotka and Paille.  
    Maybe touching Bergy's line by adding Paille at the place of Sturm and Sturm going up with Savvy ?
    This is it boys,  there's no miracle with what the Bruins have right now. 
    If Krejci line can get it going the rest will fall into place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Bitz is  a fill-in 4th liner at best. I am guessing CJ has him on the top line is to make room for savvy, but that isn't happening the way lucic can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

why not put sobotka on the first line... savard's speed is obviously killing the rest of the line.. wheeler is decent but seems like once his body gets moving too fast his finesse game goes to hell.. sobotka is quick and tough on the puck and has shown he can dish the puck.. why dont we see if he can finish.. im a fan of bitz's game but not when he is on the first line.. sobotka deserves a chance, for some reason i feel like claude and his one track mind is not willing to give it to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from viscount3535. Show viscount3535's posts

I totally agree that Bitz had his shot and didn't earn the right to stay with Savvy. For what it's worth (probably not much) here's the lines I'd like to see on Friday:

Sobotka-Savvy-Ryder
    Wheeler-Krejci-Paille
    Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
    Thorton-Begin-Bitz

Heck, maybe even sit Wheels for a game and give Hunwick a shot. I know he's been playing hard, but Wheels just isn't producing, and maybe switch Sobotka and Paille, since I'm not sure how the wings work out...

just my 0.5 cents...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes.  I have had enough of Bitz on the first line.  2 pretty good opportunities tonight and not a shot on goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.  I have had enough of Bitz on the first line.  2 pretty good opportunities tonight and not a shot on goal.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Agree. IF we can find a buyer, send him packing. Doesn't play PP, PK, shootout, not a fighter, not a scorer and not a playmaker. Wish he was, but no.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

After tonite will not comment anymore on this guy.
    What I'm worried about is who does Savard play with ??? 
    Guess what he's asking Santa for ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Why can't they temporarily put Krejci or Bergeron on the wing with Savy?  Is it that difficult to change positions?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Whos had enough of Bitz.:
    [QUOTE]Bitz doesn't belong on the 1st line i would rather have anybody but him there. He has hands of stone and is non creative.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

I have, send him to Providence & give Lehtonen a chance, he's big & has better hands.