Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand??

In Response to Re: Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand??:
    In Response to Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand?? : sav has changed his game, he is 10 yrs older then kess. u have no idea wat ur saying. maybe u should watch the leafs to admire what is an exceptional talent instead of these second rate hockey players that could pick a top corner if they tried. tell me Bad, have u sen our offence lately that boring , anemic  not worth the price of admission offence , hey but guess what these second lrate players (sav exception) are all STRETCHING THEIR TALENTS  way to the golf course where this team will certainly be come playoff time
    Posted by marco100

You are making my point, Sav played his whole career until the last 2 years (this season included) and changed his game.  It is EASIER for a younger guy to change his ways rather than an older guy.  Remember Savard acting like he was shot by a gun every time he got hit?  No more.

I'm not saying Kessel is not good, he's excellent.
    What I am saying is that he could be excellent, NOT by dropping the gloves, NOT by mixing it up in the corners, but as you made fun of - stretching himself.  That is what the GREAT players do - each one you mentioned, and add orr and bourque to that last, you know how good they were, but then they show you MORE.  Kessel can show me more, and he DOES NOT.  That is why I dislike him.  I dislike him because he COULD be GREAT, but he seems to be happy with just being good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

TSN.ca is reporting today that Phil Kessel is having sex with Brian Burke's son!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand??:
    TSN.ca is reporting today that Phil Kessel is having sex with Brian Burke's son!
    Posted by lereve77

lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

now if u knew anything about hockey............. His wrist shot is the best in the nhl,
    Posted by marco100

I love how he states, " If you knew anything about hockey" and then quickly says kessel has the best wrist shot in the NHL and is better than Kane.

LOLOLOLOLOL  what a absolute load of crap, this guy has boston bruins tunnell vision.. Good players exist outside the Bruins organization, look around.. he didn't even have the best wrist shot on the bruins, Ryder does...., I can think of 20 players who have better wrist shots than phil kessel. 

Heres the thing though, the game is more complicated than screaming down the wing, toe dragging a sloppy defensemen, then beating an out of position goalie with a quick release (which kessel clearly has a great release). But, as much as that play makes you wet in the pants, there are plenty of other dimensions of hockey that kessel does and did diddly squat in.

Then marco goes on to state Kessel's "Vision" is incredible, like he is some kind of playmaker... the only thing kessel's "vision" is good for, is avoiding hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand?? : I love how he states, " If you knew anything about hockey" and then quickly says kessel has the best wrist shot in the NHL and is better than Kane. LOLOLOLOLOL  what a absolute load of crap, this guy has boston bruins tunnell vision.. I can think of 20 players who have better wrist shots than phil kessel.
    Posted by Olsonic

u can think of 20 players who have a better laser beam wrist shot then kess, al right then give me their names,
    kess trademark his is wrist shot, have u watched any of his goals, this is totally undisputable.
    look u don't like kess for whatever reason that's ur way, but give him his just due.
    if u were to say that he has maybe no slap shot, that's one thing but he has a has one heckuva of a wrist shot. i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzxoQngsfs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Players with better wrist shots than phil kessel.

****These are in no particular order***
    1) Gaborick
    2) Heatley
    3) Igninla
    4) Ovechkin
    5) Semin
    6) Elias
    7) Afiniginov
    8) Malkin
    9) Carter
    10) Kovalchuck
    11) Crosby
    12) Datsyuk
    13) Selanne
    14) R. Nash
    15) Ryder
    16) Kovalev

After these guys, there are a ton of players i would throw here, and kessel would probably be in the mix
      Marleau, Kessel, hejduk, sedin twins, richards, getzlaf, perry, zetterberg(he should probably be in the above list but truth be told I haven't seen much of him or Marleau"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Hey Polo its very easy to find 20 players and yes most of them are proven not just 1 36 goal year you are the one who is clueless.

Lets see start with people who have proven themselves in more than 1 year. Selanne, Getzlaff, Perry, Kovalchuck,Inginla, Hejduk, Stastny,Eric Staal, Nash, B Richards,Elias,Datysuk, Gaborik, Alfreddson, Spezza,Thornton, Heatley, Marleau,Ovechkin. M Richards, Carter, Daniel Sedin, Malkin and Crosby

This is just the top tier players that have better shots and are better with the puck then Kessel and have filled the net with a lot more pucks then he has.

There are plenty more as well some new up and comers. Your speculating what he can do based on 1 36 goal year look at what he did before that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Hey Marco did you lose control of your ship or keyboard.

Stats comparing Kane and Kessel over the last few years.  Kane NHL 72 pts in 82 Games, 70 pts in 80 games  and 156 points in 58 games in the OHL.

Kessel  29 pts in 70 games NHL, 37 points in 82 games and his last year stats 60 points or so in 60 some games.  University of Minn 51 pts in 39 games. Do the math Moron.

Kane 156 pts in 58 in the OHL which everybody that knows hockey will tell you is way better than American college hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

You are wrong.. The B's don't have to be first or second overall.  All they need to do bring in a ringer at trade deadline and they will go deep into the playoffs if they stay relatively healthy.

The chance to win a Stanley Cup left town the same day Kessel did. There was more to Kessel leaving than money despite all the propaganda coming from Bruins management. It's not about liking players but about winning.
    Posted by Frankenstien

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

More misinformation! Kane is small and soft ? What planet are you from ? Did you watch the game the other night between Chicago vs. the Blue Jackets ?

Bitz is the guy Savard needs to help with separating players from the puck and come out of corners with the puck. That's whey the Bs have Bitz on that line for now as in temporary.

No kidding the Bruins are going to give up one of the 4#1 picks (Including the Bruins picks) they have for a sniper ? Really ? Wow what a revelation!

Morris not a joke and he's only signed for one year not a bad deal. Kessel was our last chance at a cup!? If you believe that Nash you can not follow hockey at all.

Once and for all Chiarelli could not sign Rask, Lucic, Savard, Hunwick and Bitz if he gave Phil more than 4mil. Get a clue!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

why do we keep talking or let alone care about the young one testicle dumba$$?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

10 goals in 15 games "even without Savvy to get him the puck".  Yeah, he scks.  With a team like the Bruins that has such a hard time scoring goals you can't afford to lose this production.  There better be a stud scorer in the near future for all those draft picks...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

It's obvious there are extreme opinions on this post. Either you hate the guy or you think he's the next Guy Lafleur. 

The league has changed (how many 60 goal scorers have you seen lately?).  Elite scorers now would be players that score 40+ goals

Last year that would have been (Note: there were only 6)
    Ovechkin - 56 (best player in the league) - $9.5 Million
    Zach Parise - 45 $3.1 Million (a bargain)
    Kovalchuk - 43 $6.5 Million
    Jeff Carter - 46 $5 Million
    Rich Nash - 40 $5.5 Million
    Eric Staal - 40 $6 Million

In 2007-2008 (Only 9)
    Ovechkin  - 65 $9.5 Million
    Malkin - 47 $9 Million
    Iginla - 50 $7 Million
    Zetterburg - 43 $6 Million
    Lecavalier - 40 $10 Million
    Afredson - 40 $5 Million
    Kovalchuk - 52 $6.5 Million
    Gaborik - 42 $7.5 Million
    Heatley - 41 $7.5 Million

At $5 Million, whether you hate him or not is not unreasonable for a natural goal scorer like Kessel, who if healthly, will join the 40+ goal scorer list consistently (only Ovenchkin and Lecavalier have done it in the last 2 years consecutively).

The problem as I see it is that Kessel cannot help the Leafs win a cup because there's not enough talent throughout the roster.  He'll make them better and much more entertaining to watch and in time if they acquire additional pieces they will become a consistent playoff team.

The Bruins, currently, do have enough talent throughout their roster and Kessel's scoring would definitely have made them contenders in my humble opinion.  Forget the rumours and heresay.  The issue was money and the Bruins did not want to pony up the $5 million.   I know there's salary cap issues, but they should have been more creative i.e. longer term contracts with backend money if the desire in Boston is win the Stanley cup in the next 2-3 years.  As a Leaf fan I know we won't be winning the Stanley cup anytime soon, but it's sure nice to see a player like Kessel who entertains on a nightly basis.  A 21 year old that will become a 40+ consistent scorer?  How do you let a player like that get away?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In 15 games with Toronto he has 15 points..10 goals, 5 assists, is a plus 5 and also has a shootout winning goal.

"I think there are maybe six guys like him in the league," Columbus coach Ken Hitchcock said. "As a coach, you don't show tape on many individual players, but you show tape on him.

"When you have to do that for your team, it shows how dynamic that player is."

"He puts you on edge and makes you nervous to play against," Hitchcock said. "Speed with hockey sense is a dangerous combination."

Hope the draft choices are as good. How would he look on the B's roster now. It wasn't about the money, it was about having fun playing hockey again and not having to deal with Klod Julienne potatoes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Loves real hockey,
    you make everyone else's point with that list, look that the guys on it,and note they are not guys who had 1 good season.. These are perenial allstars, not to mention there isnt one guy on that list I wouldn't prefer to have over kessel.. The fact is he's not here he didn't fit into the bruins game plan and wasn't willing to be a team player and take less money to hold the good of the team together.  He is playing great right now, but he has alot to prove, who says he steps out next season with this kind of fire, and would anyone say they saw this much emotion out of him in the previous 3 seasons? I doubt it.. 

And any comparisions to kane are just dumb, kane a point per game player, over his career, kessel is just now coming into that, and is older then kane, and should be a more mature player.

I don't think anyone is saying they would not like to have kept kessel on the team, but at what cost to the team.  He is a good fast player, he is not an elite player, one 36 goal season does not make you an elite player.  He also wouldnt have put up those numbers here, the bruins require you to be sound defensively, toronto just wants him to go out and score some goals..  They do not have the talent and depth to make any serious run, so why not score some goals..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Loves real hockey, you make everyone else's point with that list, look that the guys on it,and note they are not guys who had 1 good season.. These are perenial allstars, not to mention there isnt one guy on that list I wouldn't prefer to have over kessel.. The fact is he's not here he didn't fit into the bruins game plan and wasn't willing to be a team player and take less money to hold the good of the team together.  He is playing great right now, but he has alot to prove, who says he steps out next season with this kind of fire, and would anyone say they saw this much emotion out of him in the previous 3 seasons? I doubt it..  And any comparisions to kane are just dumb, kane a point per game player, over his career, kessel is just now coming into that, and is older then kane, and should be a more mature player. I don't think anyone is saying they would not like to have kept kessel on the team, but at what cost to the team.  He is a good fast player, he is not an elite player, one 36 goal season does not make you an elite player.  He also wouldnt have put up those numbers here, the bruins require you to be sound defensively, toronto just wants him to go out and score some goals..  They do not have the talent and depth to make any serious run, so why not score some goals..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

To Rolerhoky19:
    The only reason I posted that list was to highlight how rare players that can score 40+ goals are in the NHL nowadays.  Those players are perennial allstars, agreed, but Kessel is only 21 and has already registered a 36 goal season.

Lacavalier took 7 seasons before he got over 40.  Jeff Carter took 5 seasons, Ignilia took 5 seasons, Kovolchuk took 4 seasons and so on....

I'm not sure who is comparing Kessel to Kane (too early to tell but I am a big Kane fan.......I lived in London Ontario where he played for the London Nights OHL team.  Kessel is all of 1 year older and did not play in the OHL that is vastly superior hockey to the US college hockey.

But I disagree on whether he's an elite player or not.  Matt Stajan is his center on the leafs (I'll forgive you if you don't know who he is....) and look at the numbers he's putting up yet not 100% recovered from the shoulder injury and still getting his legs after being off so long.  Sorry, Kessel is an elite offensive player by any measure and time will tell I guess.  Don't take my word for it, just go to TSN.CA and read what Hitchcock says about him.  I think he knows much more than you and I.

<<He also wouldnt have put up those numbers here, the bruins require you to be sound defensively, toronto just wants him to go out and score some goals..  They do not have the talent and depth to make any serious run, so why not score some goals />>
    Not sure how a player such as Kessel playing on a team that you suggest doesn't have any talent and depth can score at the pace he scores.  Seems a bit of a contradiction.  Scoring goals in the NHL is extremely tough, the goalies are mostly great and cover so much net it's harder to score in this league now then when Gretsky was putting up 200+ point seasons and 91 goals.  You would think that teams would simply focus on stopping the one legitimate scorer on the team, Kessel, and shut him down.  I think the numbers will actually get better when the Leafs find more creative centers (Nazim Kadr - 7th pick this year - currently on the London Knights will be his center next year and he'll have a much better center to play with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Loves real hockey..

gee thanks, but i know who stajen is, and again, your giving kessel credit for something he still has not done.. and your putting up numbers that aren't true, kessel will be an elite player only when he has done it time in and time out, johnathan cheechoo has a 56 g season, and was a buddy star remember that?? 
    1 good season doesnt prove anything..

and Kovalchuk, scored 40 in his 3rd, following 38 in his second, and 29 as a rookie playing 65 games..
    I don't think Lecavilier, or Iginla are considered elite goal scorers, and I think both bring more to their teams, and carter is a great player, but i dont think anyone considers him an elite scorer.. Maybe you just need to raise the bar on what qualifies as an elite player..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

As far as being able to put up better numbers on a bad team, it can go both ways, in Boston kessel wouldn't have been afforded the time to make all of these plays, good or bad.  The bruins have alot of depth at forward which can sadly hurt at times too, its doesnt always lead to players getting the time they need to make mistakes, and to improve.  What are the chances that Tavares would put up the ice time he does here etc.. When the team is younger, and is still developing there is no rush to do things now and be good now, kessel is a good player, but one season doesn't make him great, and his ice time is up there but toronto has lower expectations and thus allows him a higher margin of error then he would have been afforded in boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

As far as being able to put up better numbers on a bad team, it can go both ways, in Boston kessel wouldn't have been afforded the time to make all of these plays, good or bad.  The bruins have alot of depth at forward which can sadly hurt at times too, its doesnt always lead to players getting the time they need to make mistakes, and to improve.  What are the chances that Tavares would put up the ice time he does here etc.. When the team is younger, and is still developing there is no rush to do things now and be good now, kessel is a good player, but one season doesn't make him great, and his ice time is up there but toronto has lower expectations and thus allows him a higher margin of error then he would have been afforded in boston.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

You make a good point. In the end, you are talking about a game that features many powerplays, over-time 4-on-4, and shoot-outs.  You need the grinders to be successful, but without elite scorers (and I'm only suggesting that Kessel will become an elite scorer NOT necessarily an elite 2-way hockey player) you cannot win championships.  Look at the Montreal game last night.  If the Bruins score first they will be tough, if it's catch-up time....who do you go to on your team?  Kessel is a threat everytime he's on the ice.  He's quick, has as quick a release as I've seen in a player in a long time and shoots any chance he gets.   I expect Boston should win tonight, but I won't hold my breath if they get behind early

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I changed my mind again. F%^& Phil Kessel

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people find a dislike for Kessel so hard to understand?? : u can think of 20 players who have a better laser beam wrist shot then kess, al right then give me their names, kess trademark his is wrist shot, have u watched any of his goals, this is totally undisputable. look u don't like kess for whatever reason that's ur way, but give him his just due. if u were to say that he has maybe no slap shot, that's one thing but he has a has one heckuva of a wrist shot. i http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzxoQngsfs
    Posted by marco100

Marco - what are you talking about?  It's Kessel's SNAP SHOT that is his trademark, not his wrist shot.  He rarely takes slap shots.

Watch the very same clip you provided.  Notice that he doesn't draw his stick back, but he releases it immediately.  That's a snap shot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I think it's funny you put Thornton, Bourque and Orr in the same catigory as a f'n traider. Need I say more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

watch and listen to commentators if u have a moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxrr3n29Nfk

Sections
Shortcuts