Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!

I thought Buccigross was a moron before hand, but Look at this link, you decide if hes a moron or not...i say yes....i like the idea of trading next years 1st rounder and another pick for iginla, however, he loses me when he says the bruins will make Hall a center, which i highly doubt he will be, this team has enough centers even if they trade one of them, so when he introduces the idea of trading bergeron i just stopped taking the article seriously....im flustered, what do you guys think

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/buccigross_mailbag_100423/boston-bruins-having-postseason-success-be-better-2010-11

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Re: Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!

he thinks hall is a center, what an idiot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!:
    I thought Buccigross was a moron before hand, but Look at this link, you decide if hes a moron or not...i say yes....i like the idea of trading next years 1st rounder and another pick for iginla, however, he loses me when he says the bruins will make Hall a center, which i highly doubt he will be, this team has enough centers even if they trade one of them, so when he introduces the idea of trading bergeron i just stopped taking the article seriously....im flustered, what do you guys think http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/buccigross_mailbag_100423/boston-bruins-having-postseason-success-be-better-2010-11
    Posted by BelieveINBoston9

I think you would have trouble finding a fan that thinks Buccigross knows anything about hockey.Seems ridiculous that ESPN keeps paying him to write hockey stories as it is obvious he isn't even a casual fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!:
    I thought Buccigross was a moron before hand, but Look at this link, you decide if hes a moron or not...i say yes....i like the idea of trading next years 1st rounder and another pick for iginla, however, he loses me when he says the bruins will make Hall a center, which i highly doubt he will be, this team has enough centers even if they trade one of them, so when he introduces the idea of trading bergeron i just stopped taking the article seriously....im flustered, what do you guys think http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/buccigross_mailbag_100423/boston-bruins-having-postseason-success-be-better-2010-11

He most likely mistakenly thought he was talking about Seguin.  If he was, the article makes sense- the Bruins already have 3 quality centers and Seguin would make 4.  The B's would then have to trade one of these 4 and who would it be???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

In Response to Re: Why does ESPN let John Buccigross write articles for them?!?!?!?!?!:
    ESPN has some of the worst league analysis there is...i don't bother ever reading anything they write....The Hockey News i tend to agree with more and usually talks realistic possibilities than this fantasy hockey garbage ESPN writes... last week, the posted and article Bruins will get Iginla...like 2 days later, they said Toronto will get Iginla.... they are just throwing random trade fantasies out there that the NHL Clubs would never do...PC isnt trading this #1 pick....hes on record saying it plenty of times....i believe him far more than some ridiculous ESPN Hockey Blogger...
    Posted by morphosis1974

hes not talking about this years pick, i think hes talking about trading next years torotos pick, which probly wont be as high...but still hes an idiot...and i neevr read espn articles about hockey and take them seriously, however this one just seemed a little bit more rediculous than the others

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Hey morphosis1974:  How do you get 3.75 for Seguin or Hall? 

Entry Level players will be subject to a maximum annual salary (plus signing and games played bonuses) of $875,000 for 2008 draftees; $900,000 for 2009 and 2010; and $925,000 for 2011 draftees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Iginla-Savard-Hall
    Blake Wheeler-Bergeron-Sturm
    Lucic-Krejci-Recchi
    Steve Begin-Vladimir Sobotka-Brad Marchand

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
    Matt Hunwick-Mark Stuart
    Adam McQuaid-Andrew Ference

Tuukka Rask
    Alex Auld

I'd probably have some adjusting to do to fit under the salary cap, but here is how I would change his lineup. 

Since Iginla is probably not going to happen, I'm hoping they can find another 1st liner that can score to go in that spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

It's all about clicks and advertising. He writes some drivel, people get annoyed and post the links. More people read it. Bucci gets his hit count up and ESPN makes extra advertising $$$$$. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

flustered??? You sound like an idiot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Hall can play center, he's just better at wing. But the fact that Hall is versatile doesn't excuse the fact that Buccigross is an idiot. He also happened to suggest that we should trade Rask and the Toronto pick for Kovalchuk at the trade deadline. He is honestly nothing more than a blogger hired to make shocked enduced suggestions to get a rise out of readers. Pierre Lebrun and Gary Joyce (ESPN's scout) would be the only reasons to go to ESPN for any hockey coverage. 

The Hockey News is a great source for information, but don't forget about TSN either. Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and James Duthie are the best group of hockey reporters at one journalistic outfit.

Oh, and the $3.75 million cap hit for Hall or Seguin includes the incentives included in each rookie deal. If they don't make the incentives then their cap hit reduces to the actual cash value of the deal, but that's often not until further in the season or even after the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

if you think Buccigross is an idiot check out Mr company man Fluto and some his meaningless rambles! I can name a few others with Herald and the Globe who are worthy of that mantlel as well! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup gibberish from ESPN,  the advertising remark is right on target.  What Buccigross did say correctly was the remark about teenagers.  

Now what makes it gibberish was the trade of Bergeron, too many centers theory.  Dumb!  Bergeron can play wing and is valuable on the point in power play.  

The Horton remark was left over from the deadline rumors.  The Seidenberg trade, I believe, was to be trade involving more players... imo Horton. Nonetheless Horton is not coming to Boston without Ryder leaving with a high draft pick to entice. 

Iginla trade is just stupid. Good luck with that contract even with Calgary taking on salary. Over paid player. 

The Grier potential is a possibility, but Buccigross was commenting after watching the series.  A throw in remark.

Overall some of the trade scenarios are more thoughtful here on this discussion site.  ESPN and SI are not hockey friendly.