Why does Shawn Thornton get so much ice?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Why does Shawn Thornton get so much ice?

The guy is terrible. I was at the game Monday and I feel like he was out there about every 3rd shift.

They have about a 1% chance to score and they definitely have the highest percentage to get scored against compared to any other line.

Its not like this 4th line is some amazing shut down line.

Get them off the ice. (I live Paille......Begin, not so much.....Thornton....TERRIBLE)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Re: Why does Shawn Thornton get so much ice?

I just checked the box score and it says Thornton only had 8 minutes off ice, but it really feels like he is out there all the time.

Just a liability this guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

You'll like him just fine when he's kicking Cody's ar$e tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

I don't get the consternation regarding Thornton. 6-8 minutes a night, provides a physical presence, and will be there when this idiot Cody comes calling. We've got bigger things to worry about then Thornton.

FYI, want to have some fun? Go to the Buffalo News and read some of the comments Sabres fans are making. Wow, and I thought Bruins fans could be pessimistic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Thorntons' biggest contribution is keeping the other team honest and making them pay when they aren't, and he does it really really well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thornton brings three attributes to this Bruins team:  1] enthusiasm  2/3 His two rock hard fists. Nothing more, nothing less. In the faster more wide open NHL his future is limited

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

In Response to Why does Shawn Thornton get so much ice?:
    The guy is terrible. I was at the game Monday and I feel like he was out there about every 3rd shift. They have about a 1% chance to score and they definitely have the highest percentage to get scored against compared to any other line. Its not like this 4th line is some amazing shut down line. Get them off the ice. (I live Paille......Begin, not so much.....Thornton....TERRIBLE)
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan1985

Paille? You've got to be kiddng me. Paille is the poor-man's Chuckie Kobasew? Someone remind me why they made that trade? I'd rather see Thornton on the ice than a number of the morons. Wheeler (gotta be Hal Gil's cousin - same wussy expression on his face all the time), Ryder looks like he sniffs glue, or Andy "I got another owie" Ference to name a few. (Yeah, I'd rather see Thornton logging 15 minutes a night playing D - Ference will be out again shortly, mark my words).  But in all seriousness, they should bump Thornton up a slot and have him take Wheeler's spot. Wheeler is definitely the most useless player on the team.