Why Does Wideman Consistently Get A Ton of Minutes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Why Does Wideman Consistently Get A Ton of Minutes?

Wideman lead the Bruins in minutes tonight and he is God awful. He nearly lost the game with 20 seconds left giving it up behind the net. What is Julien's fascination with him? He should be playing bottom two minutes. Instead he has more minutes than Chara. He is s*cks, get him off the ice. Can't even hit the net on the 4-3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Re: Why Does Wideman Consistently Get A Ton of Minutes?

Yup.  Can't stand him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

When I saw that Julien put him out there on the PP in overtime, I wanted to punch the TV.  Of course, he did nothing to help score a goal and was WIDE with one of his signature slapshots.  Why is Wideman being rewarded for s---ing?  It's all so confusing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The only think I can think of is that he will make a game-winner and up his trade value?

or Chara was just exhausted covering his behind all night!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I didnt get the NESN feed so I had to endure the MSG broadcast...Harry Neal called CJ's choice to play WIDEman at the point on a PP in OT a "bonehead move", and that Chara was sitting on the edge of the boards waiting to come on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I don't care how bad Chara is playing/hurt, I'd rather have him out there on the PP than Wideman.  I don't care if they decide to release him, just get him out of Boston!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//"bonehead move", and that Chara was sitting on the edge of the boards waiting to come on./

What's really going to Pi $$ me off is when all the Dmen are healthy. McQuaid and Boychuk will sit because of this Yard Ape!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Wideman is going to come around. And when he does he will be playing like a Norris defenceman !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Wideman is not going to come around.  Not in the NHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Why Does Wideman Consistently Get A Ton of Minutes?:
    Wideman is not going to come around.  Not in the NHL.
    Posted by roydelaney

Amen to that.  All of these Wideman supporters think he's a "Norris Trophy
    Candidate" defenseman because of a plus/minus rating he had for 1 SEASON!  Why don't you look at his career as a whole instead of misleading stats? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i think wideman is dammgood..that is what you guys have to expect from a puck moving d. man..you guys have made him your whipping boy..if so how come our defensive record is so good....we need a top notch forward for savard   bottom line..tank i love him but we must i said we must trade him for a top six forward..and biron is available from islanders

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

I actually think Wideman is a bad fit for THIS team, but would be better suited for an up-tempo team like Pens, Caps, etc. Wait.....he makes how much??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

north1234, could you please support your argument with some sort of evidence.  The Bruins' defense is so good this year because guys like Morris, Stuart, and Boychuk have really stepped up their game.  And don't tell me you didn't see Wideman almost score on his own goal tonight.  The point is, even if he was "good", he's making $4,000,000 a year, which is way too much for a team desperate for scoring.  Plus, he stinks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

//"bonehead move", and that Chara was sitting on the edge of the boards waiting to come on./ What's really going to Pi $$ me off is when all the Dmen are healthy. McQuaid and Boychuk will sit because of this Yard Ape!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

how would the d pair up with stuart back in the mix?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

According to Julien....
    Chara-Wideman
    Morris- Hunwick
    Stuart- Ference

Should be...
    Chara-Morris
    Stuar-Boychuk
    Hunwick-Ference

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainsausage. Show captainsausage's posts

My god, the guy is struggling this year and everyone wants to bail?  There are a lot of guys on this teams having bad seasons, I can see him bouncing back, he's not a minor-league defenceman that many here like to make him out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wideman played very well tonight but people hate him so much now they won't give credit where it is due.There were a number of times that he created offensive opportunities for us either by a good breakout pass to start a rush or by carrying the puck himself.Yes he had some turnovers tonight but they were outweighed by the odd-man rushes he started.All of us have been angry about his playing bad all year so why are people still mad at him when he is starting to turn it around.I mean complaining after wins.........that just seems foolish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shapow22. Show Shapow22's posts

Wideman played very well tonight but people hate him so much now they won't give credit where it is due.There were a number of times that he created offensive opportunities for us either by a good breakout pass to start a rush or by carrying the puck himself.Yes he had some turnovers tonight but they were outweighed by the odd-man rushes he started.All of us have been angry about his playing bad all year so why are people still mad at him when he is starting to turn it around.I mean complaining after wins.........that just seems foolish.
    Posted by dezaruchi

So would his turnovers still be outweighed by his odd-man rushes he started if the sabres had scored when he carelessly gave the puck away behind the net with 20 seconds left. This guy is a joke and thinks he is better than he is because he benefited from the players around him playing at their best last year. When stuart and boychuk come back he should be sittin in a shirt and tie on the 11th floor of the garden, if he isn't traded by then. Which we can only pray for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Why Does Wideman Consistently Get A Ton of Minutes? : So would his turnovers still be outweighed by his odd-man rushes he started if the sabres had scored when he carelessly gave the puck away behind the net with 20 seconds left. This guy is a joke and thinks he is better than he is because he benefited from the players around him playing at their best last year. When stuart and boychuk come back he should be sittin in a shirt and tie on the 11th floor of the garden, if he isn't traded by then. Which we can only pray for.
    Posted by Shapow22

Play easily should have been called hooking you only see it as a poor play by wideman.Look at the play again and tell what mistake Wideman made on the play to,as you say,"give the puck away".Look I just think we should at least be thankful that both he and the Bruins are taking positive steps lately so I can't complain after wins.I think you guys have just grown used to being angry after games this year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I didnt get the NESN feed so I had to endure the MSG broadcast...Harry Neal called CJ's choice to play WIDEman at the point on a PP in OT a "bonehead move", and that Chara was sitting on the edge of the boards waiting to come on.
    Posted by HABH8R

I watched same feed and what that idiot Neale failed to mention was that Chara had just played an extremely long shift leading up to the PP and also that the PP had no whistles with the puck in the Sabre end virtually the whole time.As soon as the opportunity arose,both Zee and Bergie got on the ice but it was even harder to get the change as the Bruins bench was at the far end from the Sabre zone.I don't think Julien thought we would have the puck in the sabre zone for the whole PP so Neale calling the coach of the year a bonehead is ludicrous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Wideman is slow and sloppy - way overpaid. Please Chia, trade him for a bag of pucks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I thought Wideman had a good game last night. He was a 50 point scorer last year. The offense is struggling and thus, so are his numbes. In fact I think Wideman was the best Dman on the ice last night. I hope he stays a Bruin for a long time to come

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Wideman makes some brilliant plays and then a total flub.  Last night's turnover behind our net with 10 seconds left was typical.  He almost lost the game for us.  The problem is that consistency is the key ingredient on D.  One flub is not cancelled out by two good moves.

Hunwick has steadily upgraded his game to eliminate the gaffs.   He should be used on all those power plays that Wideman gets.  If Chara was not ready for the 4 on 3 during OT, Hunwick should have been out there.  He has brillilant skating and puck movement.

Who will sit when Boychuck and Stuart come back? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I think that wideman knows CJ's secret that why he get's so many minutes. The secret is Cj is who they modeled Bill Dauterive on the King of the hill after. Put him in a white wifebeater and you have him. He even has that mumbling type of speech. Plus he is french Canadian the name Dauterive is atleast french.

Sections
Shortcuts