Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!

Time for him to go. He got out coached.
    I know they have injuries, and all that, but to have a 3 game lead and then a 3 goal lead, with one of the best shut down defenses in the league, and you still lose??? Got to go.
    Now!
    Like right NOW!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!

Completely disagree.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!:
    I know they have injuries, and all thatPosted by perrysound

Perry or Parry you have a hard time with the keyboard don't you ? It's Julien!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He won't be fired for many reasons.

In the final month of the season, he took an injury-riddled team from 12th place to sixth (so much for the Bruins "quitting" on him. Would a "quitting" team have done that?), and came within a goalpost of getting them into the EC finals despite being without Krejci and Seidenberg, and with Savard and Stuart not even at half-speed. How would other teams do with the loss of comparitive players?

Practically speaking, Julien this year signed a contract extension. They're already paying Lewis, they'd be insane to bring on yet ANOTHER coach.

Funny how so many complain about Julien's "boring, defense-first system." That system was within a few goals of leading the league last year. What changed? Take a look at the players (injuries, slumps), not the coach. Savard missed almost the entire year. Lucic was hobbled by a high ankle sprain. Krejci came back too soon from his surgery. Ryder and Wheeler slumped. None of this is a coach's fault.
    If you wanted to fire coaches because of playoff failures, you'd fire 15 coaches. What about Mike Babcock? Weren't the Red Wings supposed to be the team everyone feared in the playoffs? What about Bruce Boudreau? The most powerful team in the NHL got shut down by the #8 seed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!:
    He won't be fired for many reasons.   In the final month of the season, he took an injury-riddled team from 12th place to sixth (so much for the Bruins "quitting" on him. Would a "quitting" team have done that?), and came within a goalpost of getting them into the EC finals despite being without Krejci and Seidenberg, and with Savard and Stuart not even at half-speed. How would other teams do with the loss of comparitive players? Practically speaking, Julien this year signed a contract extension. They're already paying Lewis, they'd be insane to bring on yet ANOTHER coach. Funny how so many complain about Julien's "boring, defense-first system." That system was within a few goals of leading the league last year. What changed? Take a look at the players (injuries, slumps), not the coach. Savard missed almost the entire year. Lucic was hobbled by a high ankle sprain. Krejci came back too soon from his surgery. Ryder and Wheeler slumped. None of this is a coach's fault. If you wanted to fire coaches because of playoff failures, you'd fire 15 coaches. What about Mike Babcock? Weren't the Red Wings supposed to be the team everyone feared in the playoffs? What about Bruce Boudreau? The most powerful team in the NHL got shut down by the #8 seed!
    Posted by duinne

I think the Dave Lewis charity case is over this year.. so not really an excuse that you can use anymore.. Doesn't Babcock have a Cup on his resume?  I would sure love to see one here before they lay me flat...Julien will never lead this team to one and you can hum and haw about how close the Bruins came, injuries yada , yada.. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.. Other teams had just as many significant injuries as the Bruins and some of them are still playing.. injuries are just a lame excuse!! ...This guy has to go end of story....and so do the  other useless tools, one of which ran our brilliant PP this year .. I would only keep Ramsey who actually did his job this year..

I want a coach that doesn't take his foot off the gas pedal, not one who hits the brakes and plays conservative not too lose when faced with a 3-0 lead in a Game 7.. I want a guy who makes his players accountable and sits their behinds on the pine when they are playing like garbage.. I want a coach that can instill the passion, the hunger, the work ethic needed to get by the second round of the playoffs.. somebody like a Laviollette.. this guy breathes fire behind the bench when his team is playing poorly.. He inspires his players.. he has done it everywhere he has been.. This guy took over an uninspiring club from Stevens which was floundering and look where they are now?  Thats a coach I want...Instead we got Claude!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

There are far more reasons to have Julien out then to keep him behind the bench. Chia will never let his boy take the fall for the total failure we all witnessed and we, well most of us who want this team to be more than just a playoff team know Claude must go. I've heard Julien had a fall out with Marty in NJ so the got him out of there. We'll never know what happens in the B's locker room but what ever is going on can't be good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

perrysound[/QUOTE]

Because he is one of the best coach in the NHL (coach of the year last season ) ....DUH

bunch of Morons.....why would you want to fire one of the top coach in this league ??????????????????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

perrysound
    Because he is one of the best coach in the NHL (coach of the year last season ) ....DUH bunch of Morons.....why would you want to fire one of the top coach in this league ??????????????????????
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]Stanley, I'm a little surprised that you don't wanna take over as head coach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

perrysound
    Because he is one of the best coach in the NHL (coach of the year last season ) ....DUH bunch of Morons.....why would you want to fire one of the top coach in this league ??????????????????????
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

One of the best coaches in the league based on what?  Not career win percentage, nomination for 1 adams and winning one adams?  Why not argue he is the worst coach in the league then since he is only of only 3 to ever blow a 3-0 series lead, and the only coach to ever blow it while leading game 7 3-0..

Why dont' you let people have their opinions and stop proclaiming your expertise, cause for the most part it looks like a bunch of dumb nonsense coming from a kid who has his favorites and a har dtime generating an unbiased opinion.

That being said, I do think he sticks around, I think PC and th organization realizes they under estimated the impacts of the roster changes prior to the season, how hard it was to bring the team back together, and that he did seem capable.. They are going into the draft getting what should be a great offensive player, if the team comes back healthy next year and is unable to score we might see a move mid season..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

perrysound
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

That was a very adult like response .. but then I looked again it was the Bruins next assistant GM talking.. hey have you figured out the draft order yet?  By the way can you score me some freebie tix when you get appointed ?  When is the press conference? ... I am sure it is a foregone conclusion that this will happen..you will fit right in with the Neely's and Sweeney's ....

BTW your wrong as usual on Julien...not even close by a long shot..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Julien next year will not have the leverage he had this year with the club's performance despite the injuries etc.  He will be scrutinized by the owners not management.  The Julien trap system is effective during the playoffs.  The Lou Lamoriello firing of Julien does not apply any more as an argument.  Julien has had to deal with untimely injuries in the playoffs the past two years.  His tragic flaw as a coach is his offensive creativity. Now there is where change needs to occur. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Why can't you all simplify this. Just look at the last series. All the reasons to have him out are right there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Julien next year will not have the leverage he had this year with the club's performance despite the injuries etc.  He will be scrutinized by the owners not management.  The Julien trap system is effective during the playoffs.  The Lou Lamoriello firing of Julien does not apply any more as an argument.  Julien has had to deal with untimely injuries in the playoffs the past two years.  His tragic flaw as a coach is his offensive creativity. Now there is where change needs to occur. 
    Posted by islamorada

His tragic flaw being his lack of offensive creativity I think you mean?  I agree about the playoff success, but think thats more a function of the game of the playoffs.. Offense is shut down, no more run and gun, its much more of the old school style game..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Why can't you all simplify this. Just look at the last series. All the reasons to have him out are right there.
    Posted by jwb413

BINGO!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet! :   His tragic flaw being his lack of offensive creativity I think you mean?  I agree about the playoff success, but think thats more a function of the game of the playoffs.. Offense is shut down, no more run and gun, its much more of the old school style game..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

He is so loyal to players.  A good quality in most regards in this short term memory society.  My question is during the playoffs why not take a chance with Marchand.  Julien stated he did not want a player who has not played since April and had little NHL experience when Krejci went down.  So he picks Whitfield. what?  He is a classic AHLer and he does not offensive flair to replace Krejci.   That is a bit too conservative in my book.  During the season his system was effective in the "new NHL" but the offense had to play defense all year.  Hard to find offensive flair in the playoffs when you had little or no chance to do so during the regular season.  I was thinking in terms of the offensive coaching staff.  Geoff Ward has to go!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

the jekyll & hyde approach of the team for the LAST 2 YEARS says enough for me to fire him....i know your all saying last year he was coach of the year your nuts,but take a look at last years record....the bruins started off like 40-15,leading the nhl in offense & close to the top in D....the last 1/3 of the season they finished below 500 hockey....this year was up,down,down,up continuing thru the playoffs....this team is way to fragile mentally & goes into just robotic,circle the wagons hockey in a instant with teams just taking the play to them....we saw it last year when they were at the top & san jose came into boston, completely dominated & the bruins never regain that form....then this year with the regular season & the playoffs  julien has to take some blame for this

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Posted by jwb413

No, you don't. You don't judge a coach, or a player, by one series.

Krejci doesn't get steamrolled by Richards, the Bruins win that series in six games at the most, probably in four. If Lucic's final shot in Game 7 is a quarter inch to the right, they're in the EC finals. I fail to see how this is Julien's fault.

Bottom line, the players have responded to Julien. They fought through injuries and made the playoffs. They beat a higher seed in the first round in six games. They battled to the final second in the semifinals despite the loss (or reduced effectiveness) of key players. If anything, this points to the effectiveness of their coaching, not the opposite.

But, I suppose the need for scapegoats triumphs all else. Thankfully the Bruins are run by people with intelligence and an ability to take the long-term view, and not by knee-jerk fans. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet! : No, you don't. You don't judge a coach, or a player, by one series. Krejci doesn't get steamrolled by Richards, the Bruins win that series in six games at the most, probably in four. If Lucic's final shot in Game 7 is a quarter inch to the right, they're in the EC finals. I fail to see how this is Julien's fault. Bottom line, the players have responded to Julien. They fought through injuries and made the playoffs. They beat a higher seed in the first round in six games. They battled to the final second in the semifinals despite the loss (or reduced effectiveness) of key players. If anything, this points to the effectiveness of their coaching, not the opposite. But, I suppose the need for scapegoats triumphs all else. Thankfully the Bruins are run by people with intelligence and an ability to take the long-term view, and not by knee-jerk fans. 
    Posted by duinne

Nothing you have in your post is real. You can talk about coulda woulda all you want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Thomas should have been given a shot at the end of game 5 when it was 3-0 in the second period and potentially start game 6.  One of this teams biggest assets was its balance in net, and CJ didn't leverage it all in this playoff run.  I understand Rask is our #1, but historically, TT had played very well against the Flyers and could have stole a game, or at least give Rask a game off to be fresh for game 7.  Did CJ honestly think that this young rookie could start every single game in the playoffs and actually win after only playing 42 games all season?  Even Cam Ward was in and out in the Canes run to the cup a few years ago.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I agree with you Duinne....none of these morons would be saying anyting if we had lost in the first round like expected.  Instead, we see a collapse after losing 2 top 6 forwards and everyone is crying again. 

I see that maybe this team is built for the playoffs, despite the 2nd round, this team went much further than anyone expected.  If it were not for losing Krejci and Sturm, then we would all be at a game today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Morons?????  Who is STRUM?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet! : He is so loyal to players.  A good quality in most regards in this short term memory society.  My question is during the playoffs why not take a chance with Marchand.  Julien stated he did not want a player who has not played since April and had little NHL experience when Krejci went down.  So he picks Whitfield. what?  He is a classic AHLer and he does not offensive flair to replace Krejci.   That is a bit too conservative in my book.  During the season his system was effective in the "new NHL" but the offense had to play defense all year.  Hard to find offensive flair in the playoffs when you had little or no chance to do so during the regular season.  I was thinking in terms of the offensive coaching staff.  Geoff Ward has to go!
    Posted by islamorada

I can agree with not playing marchand, as much as he has shown an offensive upside he had plenty of opportunity to stick with the club.. In effective in the opportunities, whitfield is a career  AHL/NHL plug guy, her was our best player in several of our miserable games, is responsible etc..It was the play offs, not time ot work on developing a guy for the future, who had proven to take bad penalties.

The need was for a center for the fourth line and someone to possibly kill penalties etc..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

losing krecji was huge....but it was also compounded by the fact that nobody in the organization that could of provided some offense or a spark was NHL ready...all year long the call ups were players that were defensive responsible,whitfield,larman,etc. instead of giving hamill,lehtonen or marchand some experience, able to fill in that top 6 void, we had to go to whitfield who provided nothing....give julien 12 steve begins he would be happy 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thomas should have been given a shot at the end of game 5 when it was 3-0 in the second period and potentially start game 6.  One of this teams biggest assets was its balance in net, and CJ didn't leverage it all in this playoff run.  I understand Rask is our #1, but historically, TT had played very well against the Flyers and could have stole a game, or at least give Rask a game off to be fresh for game 7.  Did CJ honestly think that this young rookie could start every single game in the playoffs and actually win after only playing 42 games all season?  Even Cam Ward was in and out in the Canes run to the cup a few years ago.  
    Posted by camneely1983

bingo !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

losing krecji was huge....but it was also compounded by the fact that nobody in the organization that could of provided some offense or a spark was NHL ready...all year long the call ups were players that were defensive responsible,whitfield,larman,etc. instead of giving hamill,lehtonen or marchand some experience, able to fill in that top 6 void, we had to go to whitfield who provided nothing....give julien 12 steve begins he would be happy 
    Posted by pucman

Pucman,
    Marchand had plenty of opportunity, he was given spots as a wing on the top 2..and 20 games.. how long you want to spend on that experiment?  He wasnt ready, whitfield was and at this time at this level offers as much offensively with less risk and better decision making.