Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!:
    I agree with you Duinne....none of these morons would be saying anyting if we had lost in the first round like expected.  Instead, we see a collapse after losing 2 top 6 forwards and everyone is crying again.  I see that maybe this team is built for the playoffs, despite the 2nd round, this team went much further than anyone expected.  If it were not for losing Krejci and Sturm, then we would all be at a game today.
    Posted by dbg1

Agree with almost everything you say.  Pretty good chance though, a good horse or 2 goes down over the course of 4 incredibly intense rounds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

marchand was given his chance at the beginning of the year when the whole team was not playing well....as we all know he can be a pest,a spark that the b,s specially in game 5 in front of the home crowd could have used to get the team motivated....whitfield got 1 round of applause diving for a clearing on the PK....i hope next year with the tremendous young talent that the team has accumulated that theyll develop depth enough,NHL ready players that losing a top 6 forward wont be as drastic....that takes julien bringing them up, getting them in the lineup.....this team will never go beyond the talent at hand if they dont stretch there horizons & not be afraid to take chances...lehtonen=1 game hamill=1 game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Only the pathetic flan club crowd on this board could defend one of the worst defeats in the history of professional sports.
    If this was any other organization, he would have been gone the next morning.
    Oh yeah it was the Krejci injury... lmfao

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshfitz. Show joshfitz's posts

Julien will never, ever win a stanley cup.  Hate to say it, he's too stuck in his ways, and doesn't try to change up on the fly.  Did he settle this team down after the Lewis debacle?  Certainly.  But let's look at his overall record, 0-3 in Bruins games sevens (1-3 overall, the win coming at the B's expense).  This team shrivels and dies as soon as it meets adversity in the second round.  The Krejci injury notwithstanding, you have a team on the ropes you go in for the kill. They were certainly capable example A being Game 7 period one.

Also where did the forecheck disappear two in both round twos?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Let's not forget the carrousel of coaches in the last ten years, Burns, Keenan, Ftorek, Sullivan, O'Connell, Lewis, and now Julien.  All the same results.  A championship team is driven from the owner down, Steinbrenner, Ilitch, Grousbek's, Kraft, Henry and many others.  The Jacobs don't care, and don't hide behind the always so fun they pay to the cap, big deal, they spent before the lockout, they just spent poorly, not that many people noticed.

Bottom line Juiien got a hot streak out of this team, but something has to give or go, there is now a stigma attached like it or not.  And it's not one that Hall or Seguin are magically going to make disappear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

perrysound
    Because he is one of the best coach in the NHL (coach of the year last season ) ....DUH bunch of Morons.....why would you want to fire one of the top coach in this league ??????????????????????
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Well Stanley quite frankly to quote you. You fire him because he didn't listen to YOU about starting TT in game 5!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Well, B's lost their leading goal-scorer Sturm, they lost their pivot to their high-scoring Krejci line, had Stuart, Chara, and Ference playing hurt, and Philly got back their emotional and energetic leader, who happens to be a very gifted goal-scorer.

No excuse for losing a game they lead 3-0. But losing the series after that major swing in manpower? A team that has steamrolled their opponent in the conference finals in the first two games? I guess Habs coach should get fired?

Face it, The Flyers are on a hell of a great run right now. It coincided with a Bruins slump sparked when their hottest player went down to injury, and the injury depleted Bruins just could overcome yet another devastating loss.

Not apologizing. I'm still very hurt and bitter over the loss. I had all but planned my schedule for the next round of B's games. I'm incredibly embarrassed, especially living in the NY area where there are plenty of Flyers friends.

But to fire the coach is just stupid. 

I don't know why I am even bothering to post this, as everyone who insists he should be fired is obviously running on pure emotion and simply not capable of logical thoughts or conversation... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

CLAUDE IS A LOSER PERIOD HE DOESNT PLAY TO WIN JUST ASK THE PLAYERS HE PLAYS NOT TO LOSE WICH IS JUST LIKE PLAYING NOT TO WIN!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I agree with Duinne, the man is the voice of reason (most of the time).  Take a deep breath, relax and consider carefully what he writes.  You'll be a better hockey person for it.

Wensink - you could fight but that was about it...

SteveGM, pucman and Islam:  the veteran Whitfield was here for playoff depth precisely because he's reliable enough to play good defense and won't kill you during the playoffs.  And we all know, playoff hockey is determined mostly by...DEFENSE.  'Nuff said about freakin' Marchand, eh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree with Duinne, the man is the voice of reason (most of the time).  Take a deep breath, relax and consider carefully what he writes.  You'll be a better hockey person for it. Wensink - you could fight but that was about it... SteveGM, pucman and Islam:  the veteran Whitfield was here for playoff depth precisely because he's reliable enough to play good defense and won't kill you during the playoffs.  And we all know, playoff hockey is determined mostly by...DEFENSE.  'Nuff said about freakin' Marchand, eh?
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Duinne, I believe, is a female my friend. Not that it really matters.  You have to agree the offense was challenged this year!  Hopefully no injuries next year, the center position may be a strength on the team but the group is often injured. CJ nonetheless is offensively challenged.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Well the way I see it, when Krejci went down so did the Bruins. I will give Julien a pass on this one. They were playing some awesome hockey up to that point

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

He won't be fired for many reasons.   In the final month of the season, he took an injury-riddled team from 12th place to sixth (so much for the Bruins "quitting" on him. Would a "quitting" team have done that?), and came within a goalpost of getting them into the EC finals despite being without Krejci and Seidenberg, and with Savard and Stuart not even at half-speed. How would other teams do with the loss of comparitive players? Practically speaking, Julien this year signed a contract extension. They're already paying Lewis, they'd be insane to bring on yet ANOTHER coach. Funny how so many complain about Julien's "boring, defense-first system." That system was within a few goals of leading the league last year. What changed? Take a look at the players (injuries, slumps), not the coach. Savard missed almost the entire year. Lucic was hobbled by a high ankle sprain. Krejci came back too soon from his surgery. Ryder and Wheeler slumped. None of this is a coach's fault. If you wanted to fire coaches because of playoff failures, you'd fire 15 coaches. What about Mike Babcock? Weren't the Red Wings supposed to be the team everyone feared in the playoffs? What about Bruce Boudreau? The most powerful team in the NHL got shut down by the #8 seed!
    Posted by duinne

WOW!!!!! It's about time someone on here has a brain....Great POST!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I've posted numerous times that I think CJ is too much defensive minded and stifles offensive creativity.

That being said, I honestly felt that he coached very well from about 10-15 games left in the schedule thru the playoffs.  The Bruins were actually showing some offence for a change (they did score more then enough goals on arguably the best goalie in the league) and they were doing very well against the Flyers.  The 4th game was unfortunate as they had a chance to end it there with a lucky bounce.
    They were outplayed in Game 5 and 6.

I think you can only knock him for the approach the Bruins took after taking a 3-0 lead in Game 7.  They should have tightened up and played their  neutral zone trap as effectively as they normally do.

Even then, the winning goal came on the powerplay due to a penalty caused by Savard NOT CJ.

All this with numerous injuries (Sedenberg didn't even play, Stuart played injured, Savard wasn't completely recovered, Chara was over-worked and tired and their most creative player, Krecji, was gone). 

I think CJ did well considering the lineup and the injuries and deserves another year with a healthy lineup with Seguin or Hall and possibly other changes from the offseason.

I thought Boston would take the Flyers but in the end I really thought the Flyers were the better team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Just replay the second period of game 7 against PHILLY. Not sure I will ever get over this one. I look at how Julien reacted after the second and third goal and it tells me there is "A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL" that he takes this team to the cup. The team was up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in game 7. If anyone would say all you have to do is win 1 out of 4 games against the Flyers, we all would take that bet. After witnessing it not happen I'm done with CJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

BruinsCountry

Never posted anything regarding Whitfield vs Marchand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

Just replay the second period of game 7 against PHILLY. Not sure I will ever get over this one. I look at how Julien reacted after the second and third goal and it tells me there is "A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL" that he takes this team to the cup. The team was up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in game 7. If anyone would say all you have to do is win 1 out of 4 games against the Flyers, we all would take that bet. After witnessing it not happen I'm done with CJ.
    Posted by jwb413

I see.. Always the coach never the players...understood..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

BruinsCountry Never posted anything regarding Whitfield vs Marchand.
    Posted by stevegm

Steve, he is completely correct in his analysis.. Marchand has an upside but ws too much of a risk at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

So let's see...  CJ could coach last season but he suddenly forgot how to coach and now needs to be fired...   This is typical of knee-jerk reactionary fans -  choose the simple solution.   Cold it have something to do with injuries, lack of heart by some players, etc?  

I am not saying CJ didn't have some bad moments this year, but try looking at more than just the coach...     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet! : He is so loyal to players.  A good quality in most regards in this short term memory society.  My question is during the playoffs why not take a chance with Marchand.  Julien stated he did not want a player who has not played since April and had little NHL experience when Krejci went down.  So he picks Whitfield. what?  He is a classic AHLer and he does not offensive flair to replace Krejci.   That is a bit too conservative in my book.  During the season his system was effective in the "new NHL" but the offense had to play defense all year.  Hard to find offensive flair in the playoffs when you had little or no chance to do so during the regular season.  I was thinking in terms of the offensive coaching staff.  Geoff Ward has to go!
    Posted by islamorada

This ties into the thread I started a few days ago.  This "Julien stated he did not want a player who has not played since April and had little NHL experience when Krejčí went down" line is something I consider key.  The Bruins had plenty of injuries this season, so plenty of opportunities to give the likes of Hamill and Lehtonen chances to show where they are on the way to contributing.  If Hamill had played even 6 games (one of the November games against the Leafs - they were basically an AHL team then anyways - would have been good to get his feet wet) he would have been a more palatable risk than he was.  No clue if that would have been enough for Julien to put him in when Krejčí was hurt, but as things were he couldn't come close to considering it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

DRCC,
    none of those guys are NHL ready, they wouldnt have been options.. Hamill may never be nhl ready, Lehtonen, gifted player, but head the scouting reports, look at the numbers.. The line that sticks out is "all talent and might be just that" meaning no grit, heart or determination.. These guys were not called up during times of injuries because the staff (not just claude) felt there were not nhl ready.  If he plays them in the play offs for the sake of giving them some experience, that to me is saying he has given up on the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Some players need to get a taste of the NHL before they really come into their own.  Hamill and Lehtonen may have proved unready, but with so few games you can't really be certain.
    I agree, if he played them during the playoffs just to give them experience it would have been a bad thing, and that was the situation he was in.  He had little basis to judge whether they would have contributed, since he pretty much only had AHL performance to look at.
    My argument is that the team strategy during the year left Julien with no real choice but to use Whitfield.  Having a choice is always better than not having one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

sIn Response to Re: Why hasn't Julian been fired yet!:
    Only the pathetic flan club crowd on this board could defend one of the worst defeats in the history of professional sports. If this was any other organization, he would have been gone the next morning. Oh yeah it was the Krejci injury... lmfao
    Posted by JWensink

absolutely true, any other organization who has pride and comiited to a winning mentaity. only in bruins country does this happen, it's a farce.
    get rid of thid guy and take ryder with u

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

i think those who blame it on injuries only watch the games lopsided. They only pay attention to the bruins and no attention to their adversaires.

Hey clowns, did u notice the team who beat us, What if Gagne was healthy from the start, what if Carter played , what if Boucher did mot go down, what if Lapierierre was playing, Maybe just maybe they would have swept us

Mtl beat the defending champs without Markov( they have a reg season losing record without him in line-up) Gill was hurt against wash too, spackem missed games.

here we go with the loser mentality making xcuses,
    tell u what , the motto last yr was "We WANT IT"

Next year it should be
    "AT LEAST WERE NOT AS BAD AS THE LEAFS"

NOw don't u guys feel better, we wouldn't change the loser mentality, now would we

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Lack of heart by this team is a logical answer. Why the lack of heart? Who is in charge of this team and motivating them? Who made the critical decision's all year? Who did not sit his players when they could not perform? Who took the best team in the East last year to a nowhere end? If last years failure isn't enough with arguably the best team in the east then this year certainly has raised the question in this threads title. You all can defend Julien how ever you want and all have valid reason why not to get rid of him. What are the Bruins trying to accomplish? If they get either Hall or Seguin, do you really think that will put them over the top?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

jwb413, finally someone can look past right now.
    Last year was a total failure, and that team was healthy, the goalie was great, and there was no reason to lose, but they did. I didn't make issue of it then, but now that they failed again, when they were so close with such a huge lead, does work for me. He has to GO! Now!
    Hitchcock is available.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

here is tip for you cowboys9.....We will pick as our no.1 (2nd overall) Tyler Seguin and our 2nd pick (15th overall) ....depending on how the other teams will pick...we have 3 in mind .....Plan A ) MiKael Granlund
                                          Plan B ) Ryan Johansen
                                          Plan C) Jeff Skinner

and just in case all 3 would be gone at #15 .....we have another 2 in reserve

Plan D ) Tyler Toffoli
                                          Plan E ) Jarred Tinordi

Sections
Shortcuts