Why I hate Pete C.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Why I hate Pete C.

-Because he is an arrogant Harvard snob who is convinced he is smarter than everyone else.
    -Because he tried to sell Ryder and Shaeffer to us as top line wingers.
    -Because he had the incomprehensible gall, after his team blew a 3-0 game lead and a 3-0 score lead, to make the most ludicrous statement in Boston sports history...."the Bruins are one of only a couple of teams to make the second round of the playoffs two years in a row". If that statement isn't the best example of "grasping at straws" I don't know what is.
    -Because even though we have had only two real all-star wingers in the last thirty years, Middleton and Neely, from all accounts Petey made at best a half way attempt to get the top pick from Edmonton and draft Hall. Nothing against Seguin, but how many of us really wanted Hall? Chia pet should have offered Wheeler, or Colborne and Hamil. Anything to get the winger we needed.
    -Because even though his team just performed on of the biggest chokes in the history of hockey, his big trade is to acquire a player who a member OF OUR OWN TEAM characterized as having "no heartbeat".  How do you spin that one Petey?
    -Because he showed no imagination moving his other picks up in the draft to get someone who might have had a more immediate impact, especially a quality defenseman. Instead with the 32nd pick we get a smallish winger who was ranked as the 82nd best player by scouts. Way to excite the fanbase you preppy idiot.

I have loved the Bruins all my life but hate this Harvard know-it-all with such passion it is hard to root for my favorite team. And yeah, I know the boon from the Kessel trade but believe me, that was far more Burke's mistake than Chia's triumph. He had that one dumped in his lap. Ryder and Shaeffer...the contracts of Ferrance and Thomas and Wideman and Sturm and so on. All ridiculous contracts for average players.
    My only hope at this point is that the Harvard wuss is afraid of Cam. Beat some sense into him, will ya Cam.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Re: Why I hate Pete C.

Agree 100%!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wetcamelfood. Show wetcamelfood's posts

I

n Response to Why I hate Pete C.:
    -Because he is an arrogant Harvard snob who is convinced he is smarter than everyone else. -Because he tried to sell Ryder and Shaeffer to us as top line wingers. -Because he had the incomprehensible gall, after his team blew a 3-0 game lead and a 3-0 score lead, to make the most ludicrous statement in Boston sports history...."the Bruins are one of only a couple of teams to make the second round of the playoffs two years in a row". If that statement isn't the best example of "grasping at straws" I don't know what is. -Because even though we have had only two real all-star wingers in the last thirty years, Middleton and Neely, from all accounts Petey made at best a half way attempt to get the top pick from Edmonton and draft Hall. Nothing against Seguin, but how many of us really wanted Hall? Chia pet should have offered Wheeler, or Colborne and Hamil. Anything to get the winger we needed. -Because even though his team just performed on of the biggest chokes in the history of hockey, his big trade is to acquire a player who a member OF OUR OWN TEAM characterized as having "no heartbeat".  How do you spin that one Petey? -Because he showed no imagination moving his other picks up in the draft to get someone who might have had a more immediate impact, especially a quality defenseman. Instead with the 32nd pick we get a smallish winger who was ranked as the 82nd best player by scouts. Way to excite the fanbase you preppy idiot. I have loved the Bruins all my life but hate this Harvard know-it-all with such passion it is hard to root for my favorite team. And yeah, I know the boon from the Kessel trade but believe me, that was far more Burke's mistake than Chia's triumph. He had that one dumped in his lap. Ryder and Shaeffer...the contracts of Ferrance and Thomas and Wideman and Sturm and so on. All ridiculous contracts for average players. My only hope at this point is that the Harvard wuss is afraid of Cam. Beat some sense into him, will ya Cam.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

You two need to go find another team. If this isn't the worst assesment of a Chia's draft then I don't know what is.

Sorry, but Seguin was the better choice and whom most of US real fans wanted, not Hall, got that?  Do not make stories up about who we wanted. 

I really do not understand some of you folk.  Go read TSN.ca and look at what real hockey fans think of what Chia is doing.  Most people think Chia has done a great job and has made the B's great for years to come.  But you fools always find a way to complain. 

Sounds like someone is jealous of a college grad because they couldn't finish high school.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

you take your chances and sometime you get burned

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Dude?  You were "summa c-m laude"  wow, you can barely write sentences let along form a paragraph.  Try it sometime, you will find people will respond to you better.

You do not have a clue about hockey.  The kid can play both and he will.  Did you not see Crosby play wing for Bergy in the Olympics?  Open your "summa c-m laude" brain and do some research.  Most everyone thinks we stole the player of the draft.  Seguin will be the better player in the long run and he can play wing or center. 

You wanted Chia to move up one spot? Really?  How much do you think he would have to give away for one lousy spot in the Draft?  Glad you are not running this team, you would have done such a thing, even though being one or two in this years draft was a no brainer.  Hall or Seguin was a win/win. Trading for that number one would have made it a failure draft.  Some of you pretend players can not play other positions.  Rediculous.

If you want to pick on Chia, go for it but not for taking Seguin.  Maybe for not drafting more defensemen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think Chia has done a better job then most. While I would not be foolish enough to list all his good moves and say he's great, I also wouldn't sight all his questionable moves and say he is bad.  As for the hockey worlds opinion on our GM, if you read enough on other sites, NHL.com, TSN, HockeyNews, etc.  I think you would find general consensus that Chia is doing well.  Most really like the Horton deal and I don't need to mention the Kessel trade.  You bring up the point that B's made the 2nd round two years in a row as an excuse that Chia used when calming emotions over their dramatic collapse.  I agree that its not the time to talk about accomplishments when you get swept out of a series your one game from winning, but the fact remains that this team has improved every year he has been GM.  I look forward to the coming years with Chia as our GM and think you should too.

As for all the chatter about education....I find it beyond ignorant to try and bash someone because they are well educated or that they are a "snob" because they attended a certain University.  If you are as educated as you say I would think you would come to the same conclusion.  That is of course if your not full of it and live a life envious of the achievements of others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C.:
    and please explain to me how drafting the 82nd ranked prospect at #32 constitutes a "great draft". Burke gave us Seguin. And Chia traded the 15th pick away for "No Heart" and a grinder. And then Chia picks a smallish center with no grit and who was ranked FIFTY FREAKIN SPOTS LOWER at number 32. And you have the hutzpah to call this a great draft by Chia??? Are you related to him by any chance?
    Posted by pumpsiefan

Do some reading and research chief with that summa c-m laude brain you have. 

Jarad Knight's stock went up recently and the B's liked what they saw when he came here.  It is a risk but hardly a big one.  Do you even know what the success rate is for someone drafted after the 1st round?  It runs less then 10% that a player makes the NHL.  Big whoopie ding a ling. 

They had their reason but this was no big deal and for you to act like they wasted a pick is rediculous.  No one knows how a player will work out.  Just becuase he was ranked 82 does not mean he should have fell to 82, that scouting report is all about opinions much like yours, it is not a bible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

As for all the chatter about education....I find it beyond ignorant to try and bash someone because they are well educated or that they are a "snob" because they attended a certain University.  If you are as educated as you say I would think you would come to the same conclusion.  That is of course if your not full of it and live a life envious of the achievements of others.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

+1

Well said, especially about the education bashing.  There is no way this guy went to college..look at his writing skills.   Anyways, thanks for saying it nicer than I did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Wow pump, do you realy have a degree? That mean you is smaht. You is so smaht you do know dickie about hockey. Do  you want Harry back? Do you think it's impossible for a center to play wing well? considering the B's finished better than 3/4s of the rest of the league you think they are in despirate need? Wow you, with that fancy degree must be one of the one screwing up the economy and blaming everyone else, 'cause thats what you sound like with your little rant. With all your great knowledge, please, please enlighten us with the many, many GMs that have made no errors seeing the future of player, would you? Please tell us about the team whose players perform year in and year out consistantly, with no injuries and get along with each other. You also sound like you were there on the floor in L.A. You didn't here PC even trying to make a trade up? You were there right? You did hear all that went on and all that was tried by the B's, right?That's what it sounds like, you know for sure that nothing was tried, did you stop and think for one minute that perhaps the other teams didn't want to give up their pick, did you???? That can't be, oh I see, you advocate selling some of the farm to buy one cow that many have said "should" be great, and a money maker. Wow they sure teach 'um funny down thar in Texas. I also think that degree has YOU thinking you are smahter than all of us. All that degree means is you can pass a test, not apply book knowledge to the real world, so get off your high Texas horse smahrt guy, your degree wasn't in hockey knowledge 101. I think you are also forgetting that ALL the moves have to go through the front office first and get their approval....That means Mr. Neely said okay. So what you are saying in essence is Neely is a baffon too, right? Hmmm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Posts like these amuse me.  They always seem to leave out the shedding of Wideman or the signing of Sied's for short money or the drafting of Colborne or Krejci's reasonable contract or the attraction of new young talent that Seguin has already generated ie., KHLer's Alexandrov and Chudinov.

Chiarelli's doing as-good-a-job as any GM in the league, and alot better in some cases.  If you don't see that than I think it's more a personal thing than a job discrepency.  I certainly wouldn't want to be a Panther fan..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

PC is what he is, a 50/50 GM, half of the moves he makes are good and half leave you wondering.

for every contract like rask there's ferrence

for every free agent signing like chara there's ryder

for every draft pick like hamill there's seguin (hopefully)

the development for seguin will determine the the longevity of chia and clode
    -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, that's a lot of stuff.  Pumpsie, stick with baseball.  Your reasoning lacks merit at almost every point.  I do, of course, appreciate that you suggested including Hamill in the trade.  It gives everyone here a decent grasp on your hockey knowledge.

The rest of ya:  When heaping praise on Chiarelli, listing Colborne doens't really make sense.  He hasn't done anything yet, let alone anything good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I think Chia has done a better job then most. While I would not be foolish enough to list all his good moves and say he's great, I also wouldn't sight all his questionable moves and say he is bad.  As for the hockey worlds opinion on our GM, if you read enough on other sites, NHL.com, TSN, HockeyNews, etc.  I think you would find general consensus that Chia is doing well.  Most really like the Horton deal and I don't need to mention the Kessel trade.  You bring up the point that B's made the 2nd round two years in a row as an excuse that Chia used when calming emotions over their dramatic collapse.  I agree that its not the time to talk about accomplishments when you get swept out of a series your one game from winning, but the fact remains that this team has improved every year he has been GM.  I look forward to the coming years with Chia as our GM and think you should too. As for all the chatter about education....I find it beyond ignorant to try and bash someone because they are well educated or that they are a "snob" because they attended a certain University.  If you are as educated as you say I would think you would come to the same conclusion.  That is of course if your not full of it and live a life envious of the achievements of others.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Thanks Tuuka,  you saved a whole lot of writing.  BTW if a person has to point out their accomplishments in education then the education that person received is not complete.  You earn respect with how you purport yourself.  Sometimes I forget that simple lesson.  

Chiarelli has not served long enough as a GM to be assessed as a failure or a success.  Within a few years not only will the true Bruins fans be scrutinizing his tenure but so will the owner.  Only one team wins the Stanley Cup each year. Meanwhile back at the Garden, the team is changing as promised.  I still don't understand the 32nd pick.  Oh well.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Hey Pump?  Where did you go?  Are you photocopying that degree so we will believe you? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. : Thanks Tuuka,  you saved a whole lot of writing.  BTW if a person has to point out their accomplishments in education then the education that person received is not complete.  You earn respect with how you purport yourself.  Sometimes I forget that simple lesson.   Chiarelli has not served long enough as a GM to be assessed as a failure or a success.  Within a few years not only will the true Bruins fans be scrutinizing his tenure but so will the owner.  Only one team wins the Stanley Cup each year. Meanwhile back at the Garden, the team is changing as promised.  I still don't understand the 32nd pick.  Oh well.  
    Posted by islamorada

Well I don't know if Knight was good or bad yet.  It seems his stock has been rising and he had an outstanding playoffs.  So give this some time.  I know PC liked him when he came to Boston for a workout.  Maybe they saw something...dunno.  Too early to tell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i think PC has to learn alittle patience....hes done pretty well, but his 1 biggest fault is signing players to soon or to long....he has stuffed the line up this year already with returning vets that if any young kid has a great camp, there is no spots open...both offensively & defensively....lets say alexandrov has a great camp, whos place does he take?....caron comes in , just tears it up, where does he go?....its to the point where he has to trade savard for others to fit in....as much as i liked recchi,s play in the playoffs, with recchi, ryder, & thornton manning the right wings it should have been ryder or recchi, not both...thornton could have easily been replaced by caron on the 4th line & seguin replacing ryder , leaving colbourn 4th line center

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

did you see the state of bruins before pc took over...id say hes done a great job

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

he cant & shouldnt be given sole credit for this bruins8.....gorden did pretty good as the fill in GM making alot of good moves & drafts...the bruins have come a long way from them days & PC has alot to do with it,but not all

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Why is it only Boston fans who think that Chia has done a bad job?  Rather everyone is new to hockey or they don't think before they speak like Pumpsie. It's like Red Sox mentality around here.

First, who says PC is done trading?  Maybe Ryder is gone?  Recchi being traded...are you high?  He was suberb last year and we stole him for a small contract again. Both Recchi and Thornton are locker room guys something this team needs, some leadership and presence in there.  Hockey teams need role guys and that is what those two represent.

Long contracts?  You mean Thomas?  Are you kidding?  The guy won the Venzina and you really expected Rask step it up his first year like he did.  The signing of Thomas was not a mistake but a good one considering the situation at that time.  And 5 million per for a Venzina winner is cheap cheap cheap. The other long contract was Wides which he was dumped for something way better in Horton, so it worked out in the end.  Savard?  PC signed a team friendly contract, I see no issues with that one.  Ference?  Ever see the record with Ference playing versus when he is hurt?  Maybe you should check that out before commenting about Ference.  The guy plays hard every game but I give you he is injury prone. 

So, bascially Ference's contract is the only one that can be called suspect, so I say PC has done a really good job overall.  If Pumpsie was GM he would have traded up one stinking spot for Hall when most think Seguin was the guy to grab but he would have given up half the team to do this like an idiot. 

PC has basically kept the core together which for most people outside of Boston think makes the Bruins one of best teams for years to come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

pc has done a very good job..of course hes had help..hes made a few head scrathers moves...but at the sametime has made some wonderful moves...case in pt seguin....im not saying hes the best gm in nhl but lets give credit where credit is due...this team was in shambles when he took over ..now in my opinion they are one of the favorites in the east

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

While Gorton did a good amount of the work in the 06 draft, Chiarelli did put together a good amount of the team. With Gorton's help he took a bottom 5-6 team and made them a consistent playoff contender. 

He traded away an offensive defenseman who makes critical mistakes in his own zone and brought in a kid with a thirst for a playoff game. Horton had every right to be unhappy in Florida, you'd be too if you were a pro hockey player who's been in the league for 5 seasons and has only been on losing teams. 

Chiarelli's trade record is 50-50, but it hasn't ruined us in terms of future competition like Glen Sather has done to the Rangers, or Darryl Sutter to Calgary or Ferguson did to the Maple Leafs. You can hate trades and signings, but Chiarelli's made one thing clear, he's going to pattern free agent contracts so that a certain amount of money is freed up each offseason. The only long term contract signed is Savard's, and up until his concussion it wasn't a bad signing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

I graduate summa c-m laude from the University of Texas, thank you. And if you are going to claim that most hockey folk think Chia is doing a great then have the balls to cite the source. Any hockey person that could defend the Ryder signing for example, is a magician. Of about six other signings as well. The point to the Hall/Seguin debate was NEED. Anyone with half a hockey brain knows the B's NEED wingers. Whose our top line wingers next year, Paille and Ryder??? Or 'No Heart' Horton? The fact is that both Hall and Seguin were ranked evenly and both will probably be great...But we NEEDED a wing. And my point was Chia seemed disinterested in even trying to work something out, like it was beneath him. You want to debate hockey decisions here pal, let's do it. But you do not want to match academic records. Trust me. n Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. :
    Posted by pumpsiefan

what a useless fan.  Scratch that, a fan is someone who likes something which you obviously don't.  Seriously, go and find something that you enjoy and be happy.  If this team makes you THIS miserable, then there are other things in life to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

geez i think in both my posts that PC has done pretty good....i said he had a fault,which he does, patience...he log jams the team with his contract dealings....thomas,s contract, sturms contract, ryders contract have log jammed the team specially with NTC involved in them....ferences,recchis & thorntons contracts have logged jammed this team this year where no rookie (besides seguin) has a chance to make the team.....last trade deadline the B,s could of used a boost from a pick up, but had no cap movability to do so....i know some of these players i picked out bring some thing to the team but also create where you have to move a savard or thomas just to handle other contracts of lesser talented people or a talented rookie plays lights out with no position available....ryders is numero uno!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

and please explain to me how drafting the 82nd ranked prospect at #32 constitutes a "great draft". Burke gave us Seguin. And Chia traded the 15th pick away for "No Heart" and a grinder. And then Chia picks a smallish center with no grit and who was ranked FIFTY FREAKIN SPOTS LOWER at number 32. And you have the hutzpah to call this a great draft by Chia??? Are you related to him by any chance?
    Posted by pumpsiefan

It's about identifying players that fit what you are looking for.  I remember Mel "Mr. Hair" Kiper ripping Belichick/Pioli for drafting Logan Mankins with the last pick in the 1rst round.  They felt he was 3rd or 4th round.  But Mankins turned out to be an All-Pro.  Why?  Because they felt he was a very good player that would EXCELL in their system.....and be worth a 1rst round pick.

I'm not saying that Knight is going to be an all-star.  But who knows?  Maybe he will.  You can't always go by where TSN and others have the guy ranked.  The B's obviously had him ranked higher than #82....and felt that others did as well.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have taken him when they did.  They believed he wouldn't have been there at #45.

While I may have scratched my head a few times during the draft, I realize that the "sexy" pick isn't always the "right" pick.  Only time will tell, but I'm willing to see how these kids (and the others that PC passed on) turn out before I pass judgement on this draft.

Sections
Shortcuts