Why I hate Pete C.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Re: Why I hate Pete C.

Umm Sturm was not signed by PC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C.:
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff.  Pumpsie, stick with baseball.  Your reasoning lacks merit at almost every point.  I do, of course, appreciate that you suggested including Hamill in the trade.  It gives everyone here a decent grasp on your hockey knowledge. The rest of ya:  When heaping praise on Chiarelli, listing Colborne doens't really make sense.  He hasn't done anything yet, let alone anything good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    If you got a dollar for every time you insulted a fellow poster on here you would have a fist full of dollars.

Your, I know more than everybody attitude STINKS.

You have a lot of valid opinions that are appreciated on here, and you also have your share of duds (painting pictures with your eyes only).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Others in the hockey world are at least looking at PC's work and giving favourable reviews..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/allan_muir/06/27/draft.day.2/index.html?eref=sihp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Others in the hockey world are at least looking at PC's work and giving favourable reviews.. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/allan_muir/06/27/draft.day.2/index.html?eref=sihp
    Posted by cowboys9
    That's because he's done a good job imo. Anybody who truly understands this game can see what PC had when he got here and where they are now (in a few short years).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

You want to debate hockey decisions here pal, let's do it. But you do not want to match academic records. Trust me. n Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. :
    Posted by pumpsiefan

I'll match you in academic records both as an undergrad and from graduate school.  Bring it on.  Maybe I'll even let you sit in the university classes I teach.

Is that supposed to prove something, Keyboard Warrior?

The fact is, you spent more time whining about PCs Harvard education than making arguments about hockey.  Anyone who read your post can feel the Ivy League jealousy dripping from your words.

Don't pretend your thread is all about hockey when it reads like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Agree 100%!!!  Correction on my part as I didn't mind either Hall or Seguin be a Bruins... although Hall would have been a better fit for the organization at this point.  I agree however on the many moves PC made as far as contracts signing goes were horrible. Like someone had said, for every good one PC makes, there a bad one that follows. As for the draft, let's just hope PC is right about their prospects... I sure hope they all turn out NHL'er and help B's win a cup.

Posted by Opinions-R-Us

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. : If you got a dollar for every time you insulted a fellow poster on here you would have a fist full of dollars. Your, I know more than everybody attitude STINKS. You have a lot of valid opinions that are appreciated on here, and you also have your share of duds (painting pictures with your eyes only).
    Posted by pauly1

Holy moley.  I barely scratched the surface of saying anything, and I get a lit up like this!  This is a real NHL discussion going on here, legit right down to the repeat offender distinction!

Don't forget to cry about every other post in this thread that were against the original poster's retarded ideas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. : Holy moley.  I barely scratched the surface of saying anything, and I get a lit up like this!  This is a real NHL discussion going on here, legit right down to the repeat offender distinction! Don't forget to cry about every other post in this thread that were against the original poster's retarded ideas.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Voicing your opinion is one thing, insulting other posters on a regular basis is another.

If you disagree with someone's opinion that is time for debate and should not be seen as an opportunity to pounce on them like you do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I think Chiarelli has done a good job. It's easy to sit here and criticize when it's not your butt on the line for making the trades and getting players to sign.       

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

By the way pumpsie, if you actually "read" articles instead of "skimming" them, you would know that one of our players said to Fluto anonimously that 'Wideman has no heart-beat', not Horton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I have to agree somewhat with this position. So far I don't think PC has done that much to get excited about. To me, the 2 most important things that the B's need are a real WINNER / GRIT type WINGER, and a very mobile, puck moving Defenseman, someone to get the puck to the forwards. Right now he has done neither. In fact he traded away the one guy that fit that catagory to some extent in Wideman. So unless he makes a really good move soon, I'd say it was not a really good draft day.

This team isn't built for playoff success.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

And aren't you p*ss*d off that if he had kept the 15th, he'd have had a good chance to move up 3 spots to get Fowler. Man, oh man, that was a shock that a guy of that offensive power was available. That is what the B's need. You can work with and teach him the defensive side, but you can't teach the offensive skills that they really need.

Another lost opportunity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

And aren't you p*ss*d off that if he had kept the 15th, he'd have had a good chance to move up 3 spots to get Fowler. Man, oh man, that was a shock that a guy of that offensive power was available. That is what the B's need. You can work with and teach him the defensive side, but you can't teach the offensive skills that they really need.   Another lost opportunity.
    Posted by perrysound

It's not like he had any idea that Fowler and Gormley were going to fall that far.  I'm sure he, like most other GM's not named Howson or Snow, figured they'd be going 4 and 5.  I mean really, who can honestly say they expected Johansen and Niederreiter to go 4 and 5?  I sure can't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

True you wouldn't think they would drop so far in the draft, and I thought he was going to go 3rd, since Talon saw what Duncan Keith did for Chicago, and when a player of that skill level is available, then you'd grab him. But we aren't GM's, and PC is. So where were his savy skills in getting one of the most important pieces that the B's need.
    The Bruins can't move the puck out of their own end right now. That is why they couldn't score last year (plus lots of injuries). The year before they did it beautifully, and then it went south for some reason. I think Carolina figured them out, and so did everyone else after that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

I cant stand that arrogant Harvard attitude either! I think he has done pretty well so far though I would give him a B- for a grade. I dont like the draft at all how many players will be in the NHL that will be under 6 ft in a couple years? PC drafted 2 in the second round this year that were rated much lower than they were picked? This is were he should have rolled the dice on someone!You draft 17 or 18 year old kids in 3 years most of these kids will mature alot(Krill Kabanov). Seguin was easy PC said they had one guy rated over the other Hall/Seguin I guess Hall was the guy? I have not heard him say they got the guy they had rated the highest?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Harvard University is an amazing school; University of Texas is an average school...

end of story.

Get a clue, PC never passed off Ryder as an elite winger.....

Don't like his attitude? Great, I could care less. As for your attitude, you sound like a misinformed cry-baby. Where you went to school doesn't mean your opinion of P.C. means anything. Until you formulate a substantial argument, go away.

I know plenty of phenomenal people that went to Harvard; really solid, educated and kind people..... University of Texas?   not so much...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And I stand by my three main assessments - the Bruins would have been better of with Hall and Chia appeared to have made a minimum effort to make it happen; Seguin was handed to him by Burke so giving Chia credit for that one seems a bit of a reach: and not being more creative packaging picks to move up in the draft and taking a "reach" at 32 was disappointing.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

Your three points:

1.  You have no idea what kind of effort he put into moving up.

2.  While Burke did force the Kessel deal, Chiarelli did force the compensation level.

3.  You have no idea what he tried to do to move up, and you have no idea how the #32 pick will turn out, or any of the floor chatter about the kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Why I hate Pete C. : Your three points: 1.  You have no idea what kind of effort he put into moving up. 2.  While Burke did force the Kessel deal, Chiarelli did force the compensation level. 3.  You have no idea what he tried to do to move up, and you have no idea how the #32 pick will turn out, or any of the floor chatter about the kid.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

QFT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

I cant stand that arrogant Harvard attitude either! I think he has done pretty well so far though I would give him a B- for a grade. I dont like the draft at all how many players will be in the NHL that will be under 6 ft in a couple years? PC drafted 2 in the second round this year that were rated much lower than they were picked? This is were he should have rolled the dice on someone!You draft 17 or 18 year old kids in 3 years most of these kids will mature alot(Krill Kabanov). Seguin was easy PC said they had one guy rated over the other Hall/Seguin I guess Hall was the guy? I have not heard him say they got the guy they had rated the highest?
    Posted by michaelf101

Where do you people come from?  You hate his Havard attitude?  Where in the world do you people know anything about the guy?  You see a presser every once in while and you have him all summed up?

More like the both of you are high school drop outs and a major jealousy complex in you.

Judging by your response, this is your first NHL draft.  Welcome and do some research before opening your mouth. n

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

This Marc Savard affair is Joe Thornton Redux. Except history will show that O'Connell received a bounty of return in comparison to what Chiarelli's going to get.

I didn't like the Thornto trade and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like what they get for Marc Savard..

I have no soft spot for Marc Savard. I posited days after 'The Too Many Men' That the Bruins Dressing Room wasn't going to be big enough for two responsibilty-shirkers (Savard and Julien). I figured one of the two of them wouldn't be back and I knew Claude Julien wasn't going anywhere. (Chiarelli, to fire Julien would be firing himself)

But the return for Savard should be huge, or at least, beneficial to the Bruins. What we have a Clearance Sale underway. If this is by design, I apologize. If Chiarelli wants to shed salary and not take salary back, fine. But are Savard and Thomas just accessories? Worthless objects taking up space? Expendable assets?

There is no point arguing Marc Savard's relative merits. He is already as good as gone. Even if he stays. Something will have changed in his mind. Teams run on trust. That trust is now compromised. To Marc Savard, Chiarelli has said the equivalent of syaing to a girlfriend, 'I'm thinking of breaking up with you."

Savard is on the move because Peter Chiarelli has put him in motion. And as we saw  with Kessel, once a player's name gets out there, it stays out there, you can't actively 'shop' a player of this pedigree (3 different times!) and then, if a trade doesn't materialize, go back to being a nice, cosy family.

What PC has done with Savard, effectively, is to set him out on the curb for anyone to have. Like a set of old golf clubs or a serviceable de-humidifier.
    Boston is going to get nothing back for this incredible asset.

Chiarelli seems to have a knack for throwing away leverage.

Since Cam Neely was named President, I'm seeing a real jump in Chiarelli's step, I'm seeing a man determined to look...determined. Chiarelli is on the clock and he knows it. Everyone knows it. The blood is in the water and GMs (Burke) are  starting to circle. This Savard thing - not to mention this Thomas thing - is not going to help Chiarelli's cause.
       It's like he didn't read the fine print in Savard's NTC. He gets to negotiate with 2 teams!? In his own Division?! There ain't gonna be no 2 First Round picks..there ain't gonna be no Kaberle... Burke's going to offer up a nickel for a quarter. And Chiarelli's going to have to take it. And Bruins fans are supposed to hail that as a prudent cost-cutting move by a GM who is trying to fix one knee-jerk with another 

Chiarelli's gotta learn some brinksmanship fast, or Cam's destiny as "President/GM" will be fulfilled sooner than the Jacobs planned

My advice: Trade or don't trade Pete, there is no try.

This has been handled very poorly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's going to depend on which Chiarelli arrives at the office that day.  There is one Impatient Peter who signed Savard and Ference too early and shipped players for poor returns, and then there is Patient Peter, who made Brian Burke pay a motherload.

I hope it's PP not IP who makes the a deal for Savard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Konnos. Show Konnos's posts

Some good points, but if you think it was going to take Wheeler, Colborne or Hamill to move up and switch with Edmonton, you are totally off your rocker.

The asking price was the higher of next year's first round picks.  Clearly, Edmonton didn't want to trade out of number 1.

No problem, Seguin will do just fine, thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

It's going to depend on which Chiarelli arrives at the office that day.  There is one Impatient Peter who signed Savard and Ference too early and shipped players for poor returns, and then there is Patient Peter, who made Brian Burke pay a motherload. I hope it's PP not IP who makes the a deal for Savard.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

A couple thoughts on your post, as well as Aury's.
    Guess we're all entitled to our opinions.  Mine is that PC has done an ok job, and only because I think GM's are just one cog in the chain.  Most decisions(big ones) are done by commitee)  Don't think PC did much right on the Kessel deal(nor the rest of the commitee).  Should have signed him in spring 09 simply because it was then obvious, he's a legitimate 35 goal guy, then moved him, if that was the plan.  Burke and Kes's agent forced PC's hand, not the other way around.  Losing Kessel's production set this team back.  Don't know how that can be argued logically.  Seguins contribution will probably be from 2011 forward, which is great, but moving Kessel really hurt the "now", and this was a team built for now.  Don't think the Savard deal was bad at all, simply because I feel teams would have been lined up to get him, if he became available the next week.  You can't project serious injury, and common sense suggests it's hard to maximise trade value from a player coming off a career worst season.
    Like Awrey says, when it becomes public, a player is being shopped....game over.  Things go downhill fast.  It's hard to leverage trade bait, and every passing day, puts Savard more in that category.  Same with Thomas.  Regardless of how well things may have gone last season, regarding team cohesiveness, you can't have those 2 in the dressing room next year.  The rest of the league knows that, and offers will reflect that.
    Cam and Charlie are the real trigger men, and I opine neither are as enamoured with Savard, as PC was/is.
    My worry is that neither will be replaced with equal talent.  Cap space is great, but only if there is a place to invest that money.  In order to be a threat next year, Savard has to be replaced with a proven 75 point forward.  Immediately.  TT has to be replaced with a quality puck moving D, and the spare cash to acquire a decent back up.  Immediately.  If that happenns great.  If not, the Bruins go into the year with lots of cap space, and it's clear as rain, we're into another 2 or 3 year rebuilding plan.  This is a down year for UFA's, so what good is the cash?
    The next 75 days are gonna be real interesting.  Me thinks, the B's are in a bit of a predicament.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Why I hate Pete C.:
    -Because he is an arrogant Harvard snob who is convinced he is smarter than everyone else. -Because he tried to sell Ryder and Shaeffer to us as top line wingers. -Because he had the incomprehensible gall, after his team blew a 3-0 game lead and a 3-0 score lead, to make the most ludicrous statement in Boston sports history...."the Bruins are one of only a couple of teams to make the second round of the playoffs two years in a row". If that statement isn't the best example of "grasping at straws" I don't know what is. -Because even though we have had only two real all-star wingers in the last thirty years, Middleton and Neely, from all accounts Petey made at best a half way attempt to get the top pick from Edmonton and draft Hall. Nothing against Seguin, but how many of us really wanted Hall? Chia pet should have offered Wheeler, or Colborne and Hamil. Anything to get the winger we needed. -Because even though his team just performed on of the biggest chokes in the history of hockey, his big trade is to acquire a player who a member OF OUR OWN TEAM characterized as having "no heartbeat".  How do you spin that one Petey? -Because he showed no imagination moving his other picks up in the draft to get someone who might have had a more immediate impact, especially a quality defenseman. Instead with the 32nd pick we get a smallish winger who was ranked as the 82nd best player by scouts. Way to excite the fanbase you preppy idiot. I have loved the Bruins all my life but hate this Harvard know-it-all with such passion it is hard to root for my favorite team. And yeah, I know the boon from the Kessel trade but believe me, that was far more Burke's mistake than Chia's triumph. He had that one dumped in his lap. Ryder and Shaeffer...the contracts of Ferrance and Thomas and Wideman and Sturm and so on. All ridiculous contracts for average players. My only hope at this point is that the Harvard wuss is afraid of Cam. Beat some sense into him, will ya Cam.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

FACT: scouts saw Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin as equal in talent and were going back-and-forth all year as to who would be ranked the #1 prospect.

FACT: If PC traded Wheeler, Colborne, or whoever you said to move up one spot and draft essentially the same level of talent, it would be like giving them away for free.

FACT: PC has had an amazing offseason thus far in arguably his most important one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

And when was the last time you saw a team that made it to the Conference Semi-finals (should've made the Finals obviously) and had the #2 pick in that same year's draft?!?!?!?!?!?!