Why I'm going to have a blast this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why I'm going to have a blast this season

I have 3 lottery cards this Bruins season.

Card 1. The Bruins will be fun to watch.
    Bourque age is sorta the same as mine, I remember thinking this guy will be ancient someday, same as me.  Now I'm thinking Sequin will take me into retirement.  I'll be following his career closely as I'm thinking his retirement from hockey will be right around my retirement.  Should I live so long.
    The salary cap will be interesting, it will have to be resolved and this will prove PC's mettle in one way anyway.
    Horton?  Interesting to see how much effect playing in a hockey town has on him.  I think dumping Wideman was the best thing the Bruins could have done, it pretty much doesn't matter to me as long as Wideman is gone.
    And I could go on and on, I think the Bruins will be one of the more interesting teams this year.
    It's not unreasonable that they could get to the conference finals this coming season.

Card 2.  The Maple Leafs.  I'm dying for Tuuka to start that thread.  I'll be rooting against the Leafs all season.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we got another high pick out of this?  There is parity in this league and it is possible that the Leafs could make the playoffs, but I believe they have an excllent chance of finishing at the bottom.  When the Bruins aren't on, it will be fun to check the Leafs out.  And of course Kessel, don't care what you think, I think as long as he keeps doing what he has been doing he's contributing to Leafs losses because IMO he scores mostly  meaningless goals.

Card 3  And then there's Knight and Spooner who will likely be in the juniors.  Another fantasy is that one or both have a good growth spurt and can maintain the speed and style of play.  Of course they could do what Hamill did and start proving their bust worthiness right in juniors and their production could drop off, but from what I gather of them, they could be Sobotka hustle with some scoring touch.

There are my 3 lottery tickets this year.  And just like when I buy a real lottery ticket, I thinking that I hit on everything and fantasize about how I can manage to spend it all and time it well enough to die broke.

And just like when I buy a lottery ticket, my fantasy is completely valid - until I scratch the numbers and PROVE that it's a loser, I am entitled to the fantasy, that's what I've paid for.

I am going to have tons of fun scratching away all winter.  Short of a sure fire cup contender, this is as good as it gets.

I am going for quality over quantity this year and only go to a couple of games in the best freakin seats I can get, and I am aiming for the Leafs.

I don't care if you hate everyone and everyone even remotely associated with the Bruins, my odds are good I'm going to have one of my best seasons ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Why I'm going to have a blast this season

good thread, good thoughts. I have no comments except to say I enjoyed reading this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Maple Leafs.  I'm dying for Tuuka to start that thread.  I'll be rooting against the Leafs all season.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we got another high pick out of this?"

Certainly going to fun with another Tuukka "Toronto record tracker part deux"

"Horton?  Interesting to see how much effect playing in a hockey town has on him."

I predict that he will excel becuae the centers he has to choose from. Imagine if it is Bergeron whom Nathan clicks that would be a wrench in things but not a bad thing.

Card 3: For me the subjects sticks with the potential of the Bruins prospects Caron/Sauve/Colborne who makes the jump first ?

More fun to watch!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

I would love to see Toronto finish with the 5th worst record in the league and then have the Bruins win the draft lottery to get the #1 pick. The look on Burke's face would be priceless!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Why I'm going to have a blast this season:
    "The Maple Leafs.  I'm dying for Tuuka to start that thread.  I'll be rooting against the Leafs all season.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we got another high pick out of this?" Certainly going to fun with another Tuukka "Toronto record tracker part deux" "Horton?  Interesting to see how much effect playing in a hockey town has on him." I predict that he will excel becuae the centers he has to choose from. Imagine if it is Bergeron whom Nathan clicks that would be a wrench in things but not a bad thing. Card 3: For me the subjects sticks with the potential of the Bruins prospects Caron/Sauve/Colborne who makes the jump first ? More fun to watch!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

oh yah, totally totally forgot about that.  Going down to Providence for me last year meant only checking out Hamill and Riendeau, and let's be honest, who really thinks they'll ever play in the NHL?

Tons of players to keep an eye on in the AHL this coming year, in addition to those you mentioned, but there are intriguing guys like this Ryan Donald or Donald Ryan, he's an intriguing player to me.  Kid from Yale should be interesting, kids who played all through college, and smart kids (from smart schools) like Bitz have showed they can make it.  It will be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Why I'm going to have a blast this season : oh yah, totally totally forgot about that.  Going down to Providence for me last year meant only checking out Hamill and Riendeau, and let's be honest, who really thinks they'll ever play in the NHL? Tons of players to keep an eye on in the AHL this coming year, in addition to those you mentioned, but there are intriguing guys like this Ryan Donald or Donald Ryan, he's an intriguing player to me.  Kid from Yale should be interesting, kids who played all through college, and smart kids (from smart schools) like Bitz have showed they can make it.  It will be interesting.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Providence is going to have an amazing team this year, though I still have questions about their goaltending. But watching guys like Sauve, Colborne, Caron, Alexandrov, Kampfer and Co. is going to be a blast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Why I'm going to have a blast this season : Providence is going to have an amazing team this year, though I still have questions about their goaltending. But watching guys like Sauve, Colborne, Caron, Alexandrov, Kampfer and Co. is going to be a blast.
    Posted by duinne

yeah providence bruins are gonna have a great product, you're exactly right

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I'll be there at the P-Bruins games hopefully, I am lucky to be only a bike ride away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

It would be a bit more interesting if there was a roster spot open for the new talent.  But, in theory, anyone can make the team by beating anyone else out in pre-season.

Also, alas, there will be injuries.  So we will likely see something of Colborne Sauve Caron etc.

And, it will be fun to see if TT rises again.  Competition is good for him.  He doesn't like being a back up.  What will happen?

The only problem right now is------six more weeks to wait!!!!  Enough of the summer heat!   Baseball is BOOOOORRRRRRINGGG!!!!!!      (duinne, how do you like those exclamation points, ha ha)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Why I'm going to have a blast this season:
    I have 3 lottery cards this Bruins season. Card 1. The Bruins will be fun to watch. Bourque age is sorta the same as mine, I remember thinking this guy will be ancient someday, same as me.  Now I'm thinking Sequin will take me into retirement.  I'll be following his career closely as I'm thinking his retirement from hockey will be right around my retirement.  Should I live so long. The salary cap will be interesting, it will have to be resolved and this will prove PC's mettle in one way anyway. Horton?  Interesting to see how much effect playing in a hockey town has on him.  I think dumping Wideman was the best thing the Bruins could have done, it pretty much doesn't matter to me as long as Wideman is gone. And I could go on and on, I think the Bruins will be one of the more interesting teams this year. It's not unreasonable that they could get to the conference finals this coming season. Card 2.  The Maple Leafs.  I'm dying for Tuuka to start that thread.  I'll be rooting against the Leafs all season.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we got another high pick out of this?  There is parity in this league and it is possible that the Leafs could make the playoffs, but I believe they have an excllent chance of finishing at the bottom.  When the Bruins aren't on, it will be fun to check the Leafs out.  And of course Kessel, don't care what you think, I think as long as he keeps doing what he has been doing he's contributing to Leafs losses because IMO he scores mostly  meaningless goals. Card 3  And then there's Knight and Spooner who will likely be in the juniors.  Another fantasy is that one or both have a good growth spurt and can maintain the speed and style of play.  Of course they could do what Hamill did and start proving their bust worthiness right in juniors and their production could drop off, but from what I gather of them, they could be Sobotka hustle with some scoring touch. There are my 3 lottery tickets this year.  And just like when I buy a real lottery ticket, I thinking that I hit on everything and fantasize about how I can manage to spend it all and time it well enough to die broke. And just like when I buy a lottery ticket, my fantasy is completely valid - until I scratch the numbers and PROVE that it's a loser, I am entitled to the fantasy, that's what I've paid for. I am going to have tons of fun scratching away all winter.  Short of a sure fire cup contender, this is as good as it gets. I am going for quality over quantity this year and only go to a couple of games in the best freakin seats I can get, and I am aiming for the Leafs. I don't care if you hate everyone and everyone even remotely associated with the Bruins, my odds are good I'm going to have one of my best seasons ever.
    Posted by BadHabitude

awesome post badhab!p.s i might follow the p bruins this yr also

Sections
Shortcuts