why is everyone hating ryder??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Don't take  me wrong ya'll i am  and will alway be a bruins fan , i was even a bruins fan  whe n the idiot Kasper bench The Great  "8".
    But the  signing of Ryder  is just basdically  telling us  thats  that 's all they could find and  that's the only player who would sign. so to look good they  dump 12 mil in a garbage can. He 's a freekkin Habs  spy. Nothing good will come out of it. He's a  Cod eater.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

38-42 Goals !! 

Awesome signing. Everyone has a down year. Maybe a mil or so too much, but who cares

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

38-42 Goals !! 

Awesome signing. Everyone has a down year. Maybe a mil or so too much, but who cares

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopi1122. Show lopi1122's posts

I think Ryder is a good signing and will fit well with the Bruins. He, like previously stated, had multiple good offensive seasons with Montreal (averaging 26g, 28a in 4yrs) and didn't have a center with the capability of Savard. It has been proven in the NHL that a good center makes his wingers better. I think we could be set up to see a career year for Ryder. I, for one, would not be suprised if he scores 35+ goals and gets near 60-65 points. If the bruins stay healthy, we could have a solid first three lines. Either way you pair them up, Savard, Bergeron, Krejci, Ryder, Sturm, Lucic, Kobasew, Kessel, and even if we keep Murray and get 20-25 goals, we have made a drastic improvement to our offense that was not up to par last year. I think Ryder getting that multi-year/multi-million dollar contract could have been a move out of desperation after losing out on Hossa. But either way i like the signing and am looking forward to watching the Big Bad B's take the ice again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleacherReport. Show BleacherReport's posts

[Quote]Stop being so defensive about "your bruins" it makes you sound like a sheep honestly.

Everyone is luke warm on the deal because this is best the Bruins could do?

Ryder first off is waaaaaaaay overpaid at 4 million a year he should be around 2.5 milllion a year and that is troubling to a fan base that sees its GM often make poor poor choices when dealing with contracts and the salary cap.

Secondly he had 31 points last season and only 14 goals, he was a healthy scratch numerous times during the season and in the playoffs when your supposed to step up your game, that is also disturbing.

Thirdly a big reason why he was scratched was because of his alcohol issues which caused him to lose his legs and become a scratch that is also troubling

Lastly the report him is he is a one dimensional player much like Murray and that if he is not scoring he is not doing much of anything else.

So stop with this "Hater" garbage. Fans like you throw it out there to fans who are critical of the Bruins. Just because you dont agree with every move the franchise makes doesnt make you a hater it makes you a realist.
    [/Quote]

Excellent well thought out post. I am sick of reading these children calling you a Hab fan if you dont think Ryder will score 40+

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

The main reason he scored less goals last season is that he took 90 fewer shots than 2007 and 109 less than 2006. He also stopped scoring pp goals. His even strength goals  last year (13) was  about the same as his two 30 goal seasons (14/2007 and 15/2006 ).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

[Quote]The main reason he scored less goals last season is that he took 90 fewer shots than 2007 and 109 less than 2006. He also stopped scoring pp goals. His even strength goals  last year (13) was  about the same as his two 30 goal seasons (14/2007 and 15/2006 ). [/Quote]

Thank you captain obvious

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCUBA319. Show SCUBA319's posts

Ryder was a steal in my opinon. I think he will fit in very well with the team and have a great year!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRH3068. Show JRH3068's posts

[Quote]Thirdly a big reason why he was scratched was because of his alcohol issues which caused him to lose his legs and become a scratch that is also troubling
    [/Quote]

I wonder if being a healthy scratch had more to do with personal relationships with his former coach then anything else.

Julien has coached Ryder before and if what I'm hearing is true, his numbers were very respectable if not something to want.  Its also said that Ryder is gritty and not afraid of the boards and rough play.

As far as drinking is concerned, if we keep the kid busy and he sticks to a healthy and productive work/training ethic - We'll just have to see.

Sounds like he could fit in nicely otherwise.  I'm willing to give the kid a shot as a fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I'd also drink alot if I had to play in montreal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRH3068. Show JRH3068's posts

I won't put down Montreal.  I don't have to like them, but this
    feels like its going to be a great upset for us.  Ryder struggles
    there for a season and he breaks out and into his own in the
    Spoked B.

Rather then hatred, I think that beating Montreal cold would be
    the best form of revenge coupled with Ryder's sucess..  And lets
    see who's NOT singing Ole in the Garden this year..

Is it October already?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins111. Show bruins111's posts

ryder is a 30 goals scorers but in  the defence he is very bad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yanksstillsck. Show Yanksstillsck's posts

[Quote]i think that  everyone is hating on ryder becasue of the bad yr he had last yr, Ill give him 30 games or so before i pass judgement[/Quote]

Lets give him 30 games like we gave Fernandez and then wish the Bruins could dump the contract by either trading him or buying him out...The Bruins were so locked in on Hossa we missed out on all the other talent that teams picked up for half of Ryder's value...This is a joke...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

[Quote]buddy your a dummy that shouldn't be a bruins fan cause you hate just about everythign they do so F*@# you[/Quote]

I'll take "Irony" for one thousand, Alex...

The first rule of message board flaming is, if YOU'RE gonna screw with somebody make sure all YOUR ducks are in a row..

Your ducks are not.. See the difference in the two your/you're (s)??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]Lets give him 30 games like we gave Fernandez and then wish the Bruins could dump the contract by either trading him or buying him out...The Bruins were so locked in on Hossa we missed out on all the other talent that teams picked up for half of Ryder's value...This is a joke...[/Quote]

how many 30 goal scores were signed for 2mil/yr?  I'm at work and don't have time to research

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

[Quote]how many 30 goal scores were signed for 2mil/yr?  I'm at work and don't have time to research[/Quote]

oooooohhhh, I'd say about a dollar (rainman reference).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

It does not matter what Ryder is worth. What matters is what they had to pay to get him. If they didn't step up to get this player some other team would have. I think he's a great pick-up. Will be fantastic with Savard!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

While Ryder did have other offers, and he would have ended up with a job, let's not get carried away: there was no race to sign Ryder. He wasn't a blip on the radar as far as the coveted free agents were concerned.

I do think he'll help Boston, and it's even possible he regains his 30 goal form. That said, he isn't good enough to justify a lot of excitement that he (even with a returning Bergeron) is enough to turn the B's into anything but a mid-pack team.

09-10, Bruins fans...that's when more excitement will happen for the franchise

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dryroasted. Show dryroasted's posts

[Quote]
    09-10, Bruins fans...that's when more excitement will happen for the franchise[/Quote]

Yes ticket and concession prices are expected to be increased again LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Nay, nay. let's be realistic.   Rebuilding began when NEW management took over summer, 2006.  Chiarell, Julien, Don Sweeney and yes, Cam Neely, clearly have the B's moving in the right direction, oui?  Give this group a chance, but keep in mind it will take another 3 years minimum for this club to become a legit Cup contender.  If you're not patient enough to enjoy the next few years of development, I feel sorry for you.  You're going to miss out on some great hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ok, here is the thing:

I know they arent/werent a LEGIT cup contender, however, if Bergy (their best player) wasnt hurt, Manny hadnt of been a flop and Kobasew wasnt hurt in the end, the Bruins could have EASILY finished 1st.   Its really that simple.  They regularly beat very good teams, but regularly lost to the Habs.  If the key players can stay healthy the Bruins are a real threat to any team.  They are better this year than last for sure, we'll see what happens.  Anything can happen, anyone can beat anyone on any given night, but the Bruins are much better than half the teams in the east, EASY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickers21. Show vickers21's posts

[Quote]Ok, here is the thing:

I know they arent/werent a LEGIT cup contender, however, if Bergy (their best player) wasnt hurt, Manny hadnt of been a flop and Kobasew wasnt hurt in the end, the Bruins could have EASILY finished 1st.   Its really that simple.  They regularly beat very good teams, but regularly lost to the Habs.  If the key players can stay healthy the Bruins are a real threat to any team.  They are better this year than last for sure, we'll see what happens.  Anything can happen, anyone can beat anyone on any given night, but the Bruins are much better than half the teams in the east, EASY![/Quote]

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

The Bruins should find a way to put that on thier uniform somewhere

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiaPuppet. Show ChiaPuppet's posts

Re: why is everyone hating ryder??

Because it was obvious to everyone EXCEPT the kool aid gang that this guy was going to be a BUM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Re: why is everyone hating ryder??

Ryder is beyond f*cking useless. Just cut this guy. He should be working at Jiffy Lube.

Sections
Shortcuts