Why is nobody talking about Bergeron's game-saving play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Why is nobody talking about Bergeron's game-saving play?

3-2 in the third peroid, rask off for a delayed penalty, bruins net is empty, puck takes an unlucky bounce and heads straight for the empty net. Guess who saves the day. Its these little things that make bergeron a great all around player. Most other players would have just said "f**k it theres nothing I can do, 3-3 game." But not bergeron, this guy never quits and has really come a long way since what happened to him on Oct 27, 2007. Another reason why Bergeron should be captain. Im not trying to put down chara. I think hes a good leader. I also think he has been unfairly critized by fans this year. For example all of the trade chara threads etc. However, patrice is the longest reigning bruin and competes as hard as anyone else in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Re: Why is nobody talking about Bergeron's game-saving play?

Great play for sure, I almost shite my pants when that puck was sliding.  Not sure I agree with your statement about other players giving up, or how did you say it 'f**k it, but it was fitting that he saved the day, had Wideman been back, puck would have bounced, hit his face and went top shelf!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Why is nobody talking about Bergeron's game-saving play?:
    However, patrice is the longest reigning bruin and competes as hard as anyone else in the league.
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

diddo !
    BTW go on the sheep thread or the TryTobearIt / imafan thread and you'll see a great comment on Bergeron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I had the same observation, Bergeron was in the right position to save the season for the Bruins.  Many who were sitting with me watching the game said the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Mike- I like Bergy and his play has been solid all season.  I just don't think he is captain material.  Too quiet for me.  This doesn't mean I dislike him as a player...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Great play no doubt. His line should have had a few goals as well with great play.

Chara was a force out there today and will remain Captain as long as he is here, once it is taken from him he is gone, no point debating it.

Wideman is definitely getting his confidence back, or is injury free, his skating has an extra skip and a jump to it, must have something to do with Milbury standing up for him.

Brick on Wid, he knows he has to be accountable, but when he is playing well, it is not being noted and the last 5 games he has been doing it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Great play by Bergy, he also got screwed out of his 20th goal, everyone knew it was a goal except fort the DA ref who blew it dead. Why not get it right with replay? Something is very wrong with the ruling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Give him the Selke Trophy just for that one play ... Still, I can't help thinking that maybe the team should shift him back to wing once Colbourne arrives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah, they kinda mentioned it in his post game interview.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

That play saved the post season. If that goes in... I had flashbacks to last year's playoff series vs. Carolina.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Bergy's the only one that COULD make that play because he was coming on the ice as the 6th skater, he was going from laterally from one side of the ice to the other while all the other B's were heading towards Montreal's zone. They had all momentum going away from the puck, he was the only one who could make the attempt. Stop acting like they "gave up"

And B's.. it's ditto, not diddo :P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: Why is nobody talking about Bergeron's game-saving play?:
    Bergy's the only one that COULD make that play because he was coming on the ice as the 6th skater, he was going from laterally from one side of the ice to the other while all the other B's were heading towards Montreal's zone. They had all momentum going away from the puck, he was the only one who could make the attempt. Stop acting like they "gave up" And B's.. it's ditto, not diddo :P
    Posted by davecarr

Im not saying that they gave up. Im saying there are a few players that if they were in bergerons position, they probably would not have made that play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It was a great play, no doubt.  Bergeron has been great this season.  I am so happy to see him play a full season without a concussion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Bergy has been great all year the only reason why nobody talked about his play his probably because we know that if someone had to make a great defensive play like this it would be Bergy.  Definetly a huge play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I said for bleep sakes just our luck no way he gets there in time and wow.replay shows the puck hitting a bit of snow, i think it made it slow down just a bit in the crease, however sticking to topic, bergeron never quits,he has to be this years team mvp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2oGeqT8W8I

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

what a play nice game saver by bergy, will be the bruins next captain ,he, got wj gold medal,olp gold medalist ,and we will in 3yrs see him lift lord stanley ,as a bruin