Why would Savard approve a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Why would Savard approve a trade?

ESPN Rumor (I know it is ESPN):

Some people are telling TSN's Darren Dreger that Marc Savard is available in a trade, and the New York Post's Larry Brooks adds that they've been "aggressively shopping Savard since the end of their season."

This explains why there have been several trade rumors regard Savard. The most prominent one was from Pro Hockey Talk, which reported that Savard, Blake Wheeler and the No. 15 pick could be sent to the Columbus Blue Jackets for the No. 4 overall pick. But we later heard this rumor was false, and the No. 15 picks was sent to Florida in the Nathan Horton deal.

Still, the Bruins want to acquire another top draft pick because they covet a defenseman in the draft -- either Erik Gudrbanson, Cam Fowler or Brandon Gormley. So it's possible Savard is a key cog in this deal -- and it's possible this deal is still with the Blue Jackets, since the two teams still appear to be talking.

Also, since they traded Dennis Wideman, they might want to add a veteran blueliner. So Savard could be part of a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs to bring in Tomas Kaberle, whom the Bruins have had interest in for a while.

How come no one ever mentions the No Trade Caluse and why he would approve the trade? He just signed a team friendly deal long term.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Re: Why would Savard approve a trade?

In Response to Why would Savard approve a trade?:
    ESPN Rumor (I know it is ESPN): Some people are telling TSN's Darren Dreger that Marc Savard is available in a trade, and the New York Post's Larry Brooks adds that they've been "aggressively shopping Savard since the end of their season." This explains why there have been several trade rumors regard Savard. The most prominent one was from Pro Hockey Talk , which reported that Savard, Blake Wheeler and the No. 15 pick could be sent to the Columbus Blue Jackets for the No. 4 overall pick. But we later heard this rumor was false, and the No. 15 picks was sent to Florida in the Nathan Horton deal. Still, the Bruins want to acquire another top draft pick because they covet a defenseman in the draft -- either Erik Gudrbanson, Cam Fowler or Brandon Gormley. So it's possible Savard is a key cog in this deal -- and it's possible this deal is still with the Blue Jackets, since the two teams still appear to be talking. Also, since they traded Dennis Wideman , they might want to add a veteran blueliner. So Savard could be part of a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs to bring in Tomas Kaberle , whom the Bruins have had interest in for a while. How come no one ever mentions the No Trade Caluse and why he would approve the trade? He just signed a team friendly deal long term.
    Posted by McKodiak5
    thats clear thinking  mckodiak  he won't

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Because the rest of the world doesn't but as much stock in the NTC as ridiculous Boston fans.  If the B's want to trade Savard, he'll approve it.  He'll pick his destination(s), but it's not as if the guy is going to stick around for years in a place that he knows he's not wanted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but his new contract does not kick in until July 1 which should mean he CAN be traded until then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Savard approve a trade?:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but his new contract does not kick in until July 1 which should mean he CAN be traded until then.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

You are right about his new deal not kicking in untiil July 1st, but he had a no trade clause on his current deal. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=212

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

joe haggs on csn.com says he would waive it for toronto,ottawa or chicago. man not toronto!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

doesn't the NTC not kick in until the 1st anyway?
    Posted by pbergeron37

You are right about his new deal not kicking in untiil July 1st, but he had a no trade clause on his current deal. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=212

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I continue to look back on Savard's comments on exit day. - "I got moved at the draft once, so you never know what happens. Right?"  I think there was a blow up during exit interviews(with teammates, coaches, and/or management) that lead to his comments.  I agree with NAS that he would approve a trade as he doesn't want to be in a place that he is not wanted.  I have heard all the excuses on this board that it would be horrible to trade him before his new contract kicks in.  At this point, with the way last season went with injuries and the TMMOI incident in game 7, I think all bets are off.  This Savard situation reminds me of the Nomar situation the Sox had.  Both extremely talented players, but something about their attitude just never seems right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

MeanE is probably right, but I don't care. Savvy rocks, and I want him to stay. I have an idea - let's keep our good players and dump our useless players. That would be, like, awesome! Imagine if we kept Savard, Krecji, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Rask, Seidenberg, Boychuk, etc, and got rid of Wheeler, Ryder, Sturm and Hunwick. Wouldn't that just be like the WAY COOLEST THING EVER?! I think so. We could even win a Cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

MeanE is probably right, but I don't care. Savvy rocks, and I want him to stay. I have an idea - let's keep our good players and dump our useless players. That would be, like, awesome! Imagine if we kept Savard, Krecji, Bergeron, Lucic, Chara, Rask, Seidenberg, Boychuk, etc, and got rid of Wheeler, Ryder, Sturm and Hunwick. Wouldn't that just be like the WAY COOLEST THING EVER?! I think so. We could even win a Cup.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

How did Boychuk sneak in there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If you think that Horton can score 30 goals with Savard, which I agree with, why wouldn't you think that he could score 30 with either Krejci or Bergeron?  Go ask Satan how nice it is playing with David.  I would be comfortable with Krejci as the #1 center, Bergeron as the #2, and ANY combo of Campbell, Colborne, Seguin, Sauve, Hamill, Sobotka, etc... as the #3 and #4 centers.  

Chara - It would be the way coolest thing ever.  However, in a league with a cap, it is also a pipe dream.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Russ, what's your beef with Jacobs? I know he's a terrible owner, but you seem to blame him in every one of your posts for bad decisions made by PC or CJ.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

HackswithHaggs Gave Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli chance to shoot down the Marc Savard trade rumors on conference call and he issued a customary "no comment."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

"Spoke with Burke. No truth whatsoever to Boston-Toronto trade rumors. Big guy is not happy about it either."

Oh Lebrun refers to Brian Burke as big guy now hmmmm ? My guess is Savard stays but I have been wrong before. I'd like to see what Marc can do with Horton and Lucic on either side. Me thinks it will be fun to watch!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

SanDog - Very interesting. 

Why so hostile Mr. Burke?  Do I detect a little buyer's remorse!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Savard approve a trade? : How did Boychuk sneak in there?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Bruins are not going to pay him 2 mil........................

Sections
Shortcuts