Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Why?

Hi everybody !

I'm from Quebec and I have a question for Bruins fans living in Boston : Why the majority of the fans are so negative about this hockey club ? I know the Bruins choked in the past but since 2 or 3 years, we have a great hockey club and some fans are sill unhappy. Why ?

Why sell this club ?
    Why Timmy is not a good goalie ?
    Why Big Z is overpaid ?

Why this lot of negative reaction ?

I watched 75 / 82 games last season and this team is really spectacular ! Give me some positive stuff !!!!! Forgot the past ! It's now that matters !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Why?

it's called "never being satisfied."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

well one, people want jacobs to sell the club because they dont want to pay 37.50 for a last row seat, then pay 30 more dollars for beer/drinks/food/ect. i dont know where u heard the timmy isnt a good goalie, cuz he isnt. hes more of a great goalie then a good one. and ur final point about Big Z being overpaid, i do agree with a little bit. he vanished from the 2nd round cuz he was too worried about staal. we woulda won the series if he wasnt as worried about staal i think. but its jus my opinon. and everyone has there own. i do think they are not as good as last yr. but they will still be top 4 or 5 team in the east and top 10 in the league this year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quebecbruinsfans. Show quebecbruinsfans's posts

i'm livin in quebec, and i'm a big boston bruins since i'm a little boy and i watch all bruins tv game and last april 9, i was at the TD BAnknorth garden when the bruins defeat the habs in overtime :) i realize a dream...i'll be there for the opening game in boston oh yeahhh:) i'll be proud to wear #17 :)  the bruins are a tremendous team :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Part of it is "The squeaky wheel makes the blog/forum post."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

Gotta love this team!  I think the only reason that you may hear some negative stuff is because most people get really picky in the off-season when nothing is going on.  Truthfully, I think most of Bruins nation is very happy with the current state of the team and the direction that it's headed in.  As for the ticket prices, that stuff happens and it blows.  It's a big part of the team doing well and the winter classic.  I know I will be going to FAR less games than I have in the past and the most I've ever attended in a season is 4 but, I'm not upset about it because NESN does a fantastic job and watching it in HD is certainly not torture.  I'm also not upset because the team is doing well...worse things could happen ya know?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

ThE PeAnAtOr !
      is awesome!!!

Thanks for being a fanLaughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I liek teh Bostun Broons

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

not every boston bruins fan is negative just some and most of them all left for their own message boards a while ago but this team has great things ahead includes a stanley cup so keep the faith and dont listen to the negative comments from canadien drunks and frustrateed data entry clerks. by the way that is a great timmy thomas avartar lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

In Response to Why?:
    [QUOTE]Hi everybody ! I'm from Quebec and I have a question for Bruins fans living in Boston : Why the majority of the fans are so negative about this hockey club ? I know the Bruins choked in the past but since 2 or 3 years, we have a great hockey club and some fans are sill unhappy. Why ? Why sell this club ? Why Timmy is not a good goalie ? Why Big Z is overpaid ? Why this lot of negative reaction ? I watched 75 / 82 games last season and this team is really spectacular ! Give me some positive stuff !!!!! Forgot the past ! It's now that matters !!!!
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

My negativity isn't towards the team, it's towards Jacobs. You really shouldn't root for a team that makes you feel like an abused spouse but that is what JJ makes most Bruin fans feel like. I have come to grips with my deep hate for all things Jacobs but I now wish the best for the team and enjoy watching them on TV. I only go to raod games or minor Lg games, not one cent of my money will enter a Jacobs pocket as long as the family lives.

Jeremy Jacobs, destroyer of dreams, smasher of hope.

Go Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Bruins fan in Montreal ... Habs tickets are more expensive than at Dah Gahden. Beer is $9.25 a pop and a bottle of water is $4+. Also, the mroe expensive seats are not even as roomy as at Dah gahden.

It always comes down to consistency and winning. Putting a great product on the ice. Already rumours swirling that Chia has to let go of Savard, Bergie, etc - cap problems and so forth - could set this club back another few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

This is the best team we have had in a very long time. We have as chosen by hockey experts. The best coach, the best goalie, and the best defenseman. Also one of the best playmakers in Savard, great two way player in Krejci, and the most talented big man in hockey named Lucic. What a great time to be a Bruins fan. I will gladly pay the price to watch this team play. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Come on KrayzieJoe !

I just try to do my best in english.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

In Response to Re: Why?:
    [QUOTE]This is the best team we have had in a very long time. We have as chosen by hockey experts. The best coach, the best goalie, and the best defenseman. Also one of the best playmakers in Savard, great two way player in Krejci, and the most talented big man in hockey named Lucic. What a great time to be a Bruins fan. I will gladly pay the price to watch this team play. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

Yes, most experts had the Bruins highly rated in pre-playoff predictions.

But the reality is this team with the best this and best that still lost to the much weaker Hurricanes - even though Boston was rested and Carolina just came off a seven gamer with NJ.

So much for hockey experts. Maybe you should have listened to some of the people on Icemantiz instead. 

Cheers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In Response to Why?:
    [QUOTE]Hi everybody ! I'm from Quebec and I have a question for Bruins fans living in Boston : Why the majority of the fans are so negative about this hockey club ? I know the Bruins choked in the past but since 2 or 3 years, we have a great hockey club and some fans are sill unhappy. Why ? Why sell this club ? Why Timmy is not a good goalie ? Why Big Z is overpaid ? Why this lot of negative reaction ? I watched 75 / 82 games last season and this team is really spectacular ! Give me some positive stuff !!!!! Forgot the past ! It's now that matters !!!!
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Because Boston fans are the epitome of the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. They are Boston fans, no matter the team, who have the God given right/obligation to whine. They like to show how they're smarter and have more savvy than the GM, scouts, coaches and staff in general who are being paid a pretty good piece of change to do their jobs. Just ask them they'll tell you how much smarter they are. A big part is also as stated earlier, we're just never satisfied. Score 100 points...why was it not 105, etc.

Garfield

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why? : Yes, most experts had the Bruins highly rated in pre-playoff predictions. But the reality is this team with the best this and best that still lost to the much weaker Hurricanes - even though Boston was rested and Carolina just came off a seven gamer with NJ. So much for hockey experts. Maybe you should have listened to some of the people on Icemantiz instead.  Cheers.
    Posted by Beer-League-Goalie[/QUOTE] You are a joke. Your icemantiz prediction was the Bruins finished near the bottom in the reguler season. They won the East. Thomas was only a October goalie, he won the Vezina, Chara was a rotton captain, he won the Norris. The Bruins would be put out by the Habs, SWEEP. Only 4 teams in the entire NHL made it farther then the B`S last year, you call that aweful.You are a waste of peoples time on this board, as you continue to grace us with your stupidity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why? : You are a joke. Your icemantiz prediction was the Bruins finished near the bottom in the reguler season. They won the East. Thomas was only a October goalie, he won the Vezina, Chara was a rotton captain, he won the Norris. The Bruins would be put out by the Habs, SWEEP. Only 4 teams in the entire NHL made it farther then the B`S last year, you call that aweful.You are a waste of peoples time on this board, as you continue to grace us with your stupidity.
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

And you would know what goes on inside Icemantiz because you post there under what other name?  Like we all don't know your four letter, all lower case name that begins with a vowel you use in Icemantiz. You really need to do a better job of protecting your secrets.

But I never engaged in pre season predictions on Icemantiz. I joined around New Years. If you want to quote me, at least make sure I said it. Ok?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from doughabs. Show doughabs's posts

Variation on a theme - I'm a Habs fan living in Boston (although I grew up in Montreal so don't shoot me like those traitors up there in Quebec who did the reverse). . . Kidding.

Anyways, just because I'm a hated Habs fan who is all of the pleasantries that I read about on here frome time to time - some of them actually quite funny - doesn't mean that I can't offer you something you might have missed.

See the attached for a nice story on your man Milan Lucic.  Incidentally, if you could ask him to continue to beat up Mike Komisarek it would be much appreciated.

Best,

Doug

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=14682.html?cid=rsstsn

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why? : And you would know what goes on inside Icemantiz because you post there under what other name?  Like we all don't know your four letter, all lower case name that begins with a vowel you use in Icemantiz. You really need to do a better job of protecting your secrets. But I never engaged in pre season predictions on Icemantiz. I joined around New Years. If you want to quote me, at least make sure I said it. Ok?
    Posted by Beer-League-Goalie[/QUOTE] As i said keep letting your stupidity shine. I dont have to go to queermantiz, I can simply go through the archives here to see what you predicted. You fool no one and me least of all. You and your board combined has a IQ rating of around - 30. . Unlike your boy p_orn I have no secrets to hide, but nice try idiot. A n is not a vowel moron, but you being so stupid, most likely you only thought the word sounded good. As far as lower case thats to talk to lower class morons like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

My variation on the original question: why are former/future QC No'dicks fans such a good match for the Bruins. Shared habcentric inferiority complex? It sounds like hating the habs and wishing for their demise (wishful thinking btw) is just as important as cheering the B's.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]Because Boston fans are the epitome of the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. They are Boston fans, no matter the team, who have the God given right/obligation to whine. They like to show how they're smarter and have more savvy than the GM, scouts, coaches and staff in general who are being paid a pretty good piece of change to do their jobs. Just ask them they'll tell you how much smarter they are. A big part is also as stated earlier, we're just never satisfied. Score 100 points...why was it not 105, etc. Garfield
    Posted by gaaucoin[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's just Boston fans. I live in MI, (Thank God we're moving back to NH/MA next summer!  Smile), and the Redwings' fans are just the same. Many second guess Ken Holland and his staff's decisions. Even though they've arguably been the most successful NHL team in the past decade. It's on every fan board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]This is the best team we have had in a very long time. We have as chosen by hockey experts. Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

The hockey experts who for the last two years were way off on where the Bruins would finish? The same guys that jack Edwards listed off in his embarassing rant at the close of the 2007-08 season when the Bruins made the playoffs? The people derided as idiots and morons when they picked the Bruins lower than they actually finished?

You're trusting these guys now? Very strange how they're suddenly geniuses when they have the Bruins finishing toward the top of the East! :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]My variation on the original question: why are former/future QC No'dicks fans such a good match for the Bruins. Shared habcentric inferiority complex? It sounds like hating the habs and wishing for their demise (wishful thinking btw) is just as important as cheering the B's.  
    Posted by Lafleur1979[/QUOTE]

The Habs weren't exactly friendly as an organization to the Nords, even imposing a 50 mile ban on telecasts (the Nords could only be shown within 50 miles of Quebec City--the Habs got the rest of the province). Considering how much the Habs franchise tried to minimize the Nords from the start AND some ferocious on-ice battles in the 80s and early 90s, I can see why Quebec Nordiques fans still can't stand the Canadiens, and have jumped on board to the next-closest geographic rival in the Boston Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why? : The Habs weren't exactly friendly as an organization to the Nords, even imposing a 50 mile ban on telecasts (the Nords could only be shown within 50 miles of Quebec City--the Habs got the rest of the province). Considering how much the Habs franchise tried to minimize the Nords from the start AND some ferocious on-ice battles in the 80s and early 90s, I can see why Quebec Nordiques fans still can't stand the Canadiens, and have jumped on board to the next-closest geographic rival in the Boston Bruins.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Maybe part of the answer, but as I recall the No'dicks had their own network contract (with TQS) and I could see their games in Mtl once a week (on Wednesdays I think) just like the Canadiens (on Saturdays). This is before the era of cable TV. Did NESN show Whalers game? On same night as Bruins? In Boston? I doubt it. Of course Habs/Nords, Bruins/Whalers were fighting for part of the same audience and some hostility on the business front is part of the game. Did Hartford fans suddenly become rabid Habs fan after the Whalers left? I doubt it. There must be a better explanation.

Actually, I found real data regarding NHL team preference in Quebec City, which shows that, although the Canadiens are not a big hit ther, the Bruins are much less popular than I thought:
    http://www.legermarketing.com/documents/SPCLM/080304FR.pdf

Prefered NHL team           Quebec City               Saguenay region

Canadiens                              56%                           83%
    Colorado Avs                          31%                           17%
    Penguins                                21%                           12%
    Senators                                18%                           19%
    Bruins                                     7%                            2%
    Red Wings                               4%                            3%

So in Quebec City (as in Mtl and other Canadian cities but in a slightly higher proportion) there is a small minority of Bruins fans. Do they have a unique (and perhaps dysfunctional) psychological profile? More studies are needed to answer this question. And I mean this only half jokingly. If someone has studied this I welcome your input.

Sections
Shortcuts