Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Re: Why?

Thanks Doug, cool article.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting, the percents for Quebec City add up to 137%, which means there must be some overlap.  Those overlaps might be interesting.  I wonder if there are some 0.01% of tortured souls that are both Bruins and Canadiens fans?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

In Response to Re: Why?:
    [QUOTE]Interesting, the percents for Quebec City add up to 137%, which means there must be some overlap.  Those overlaps might be interesting.  I wonder if there are some 0.01% of tortured souls that are both Bruins and Canadiens fans?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

You are right about the numbers not adding up. It seems people could give two choices. In the same poll there was another question where people who identify themselves as former Nords fans where asked if the Habs were their favorite team. Answer: 39% yes, 61% no.

Actually, I think a fan of both Habs and Bruins (if such people exist in Mtl or Boston) might be in some respect more balanced than the average person and perhaps a better fan of the game itself, as opposed to merely cheering for his home team. Cheering against your home team is a different matter though. The few anecdotal cases I have come accross seemed to have borderline personalities. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

You ask why the negativity towards the Bruins may I offer my opinion on this issue.

for all to many years now the Bruins have been a team of mediocrity, the Jacobs brothers have been more concerned with the bottom line being profit rather then putting the quality caliber team on the ice that we Bruin fans deserve, more recently with the success of the other professional sports teams (Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox) I believe there is a feeling that we hockey fans have (What about us?) Why can’t the Bruins win the Stanley Cup, We want a parade in Boston that features our Bruins and the Stanley Cup returning to the Hub by our own victory, yea ok Ray Bourque brought the cup to Boston after winning it with Colorado, nice gesture but really but it wasn’t our teams win we were celebrating, it was the accomplishment of one of ours that had to leave to achieve the goal of winning the Stanley Cup. The bottom line is it doesn’t mean a thing unless you win a ring and second place is the first loser