Wideman and Wheeler for #4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

Wideman and Wheeler for #4

The Blue Jackets have over $13,000,000 left in salary space. I would love it if the B's could unload Wheeler and Wideman and get the #4 overal pick in this years draft (Cam Fowler).   or    

Trade Wheeler and #15 to Tampa Bay for the #6 overal pick in this years draft
    ( Nino Niederreiter)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Wideman and Wheeler for #4

I don't know if I would want to trade Wideman for Fowler..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

i think more pieces would have to be involved, but i like the idea...free up cap space and get another building block for the future

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Let's say one of these got accepted.

Chara/Boychuk*

Stuart*/Ference

Hunwick/McQuaid

*not under contract

That should be good enough to secure another top five pick in next year's draft, not taking into account what Toronto does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The only possible way to get up to #4 or even # 5/6 is 3 way dealing and alot of picks involved.I cant see any teams with picks 3 thru 8 moving them. After that you might see alot of dealing depending on teams needs and who is left and yes the best player available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman and Wheeler for #4:
    Let's say one of these got accepted. Chara/Boychuk* Stuart*/Ference Hunwick/McQuaid *not under contract That should be good enough to secure another top five pick in next year's draft, not taking into account what Toronto does.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In scenario one though  we add fowler I assume under the assumption he is nhl ready.

also you forgot sedienberg..

Personally, I am not sold on fowler, I would rather have gubnarson, or draft mcilrath or frobot later on.. We have enough guys labeled as quick puck moving defensemen I think, (button and alexandrov in the system as well)  assuming Mcquaid is only a depth guy I still want a guy who is hard to play against, mean streak scarey D man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman and Wheeler for #4 : In scenario one though  we add fowler I assume under the assumption he is nhl ready. also you forgot sedienberg.. Personally, I am not sold on fowler, I would rather have gubnarson, or draft mcilrath or frobot later on.. We have enough guys labeled as quick puck moving defensemen I think, (button and alexandrov in the system as well)  assuming Mcquaid is only a depth guy I still want a guy who is hard to play against, mean streak scarey D man.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

This is what I get for typing before my second cup of coffee!  I knew it looked light, but couldn't remember whom I was missing.

Ok:

Chara/Seidenberg

Stuart/Boychuk

Hunwick/Ference

That's still pretty awful.

Subtract anyone, add rookie.

That's also still pretty awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think any scenario that requires Ferrance, Hunwick to log major minutes could be an isSUE< Stuart is reliable, book is still out on boychuk, mcquaid is still getting there..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Wideman and Wheeler for #4:
    The Blue Jackets have over $13,000,000 left in salary space. I would love it if the B's could unload Wheeler and Wideman and get the #4 overal pick in this years draft (Cam Fowler).   or     Trade Wheeler and #15 to Tampa Bay for the #6 overal pick in this years draft ( Nino Niederreiter )
    Posted by K435

Not all teams want to spend to the cap limit, as some of them have attendance problems (and thus low revenue), thus they have to limit costs, to break even (or make a profit). C-bus is one of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman and Wheeler for #4 : This is what I get for typing before my second cup of coffee!  I knew it looked light, but couldn't remember whom I was missing. Ok: Chara/Seidenberg Stuart/Boychuk Rookie/RookieThat's still pretty awful. Subtract anyone, add rookie. That's also still pretty awful.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

There i did the subtraction, awful ? I doubt it, cant be worse if its the right rookies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Stay away from older FA's except Rechhi and Paille is worth signing cause of his PK abilities. No trades unless it will dump some salary.This season will be a hit or a total wash it's worth the shot to bring in the young guns. My main interest will be draft day and training camp will be the answer.
    Sturm is done with injuries i am not sure what his cap space be if we sell him out.
    Ryder one year left on contract which Ryder will show up lazy or play for a new contract. Begeron and Chara will be needing new contracts after next season. The Bruins should give some youth some NHL testing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

throw in a third rounder coming back from Columbus and switch Wideman for Ryder.
    Posted by rockett7

An under perfoming big body, an over paid under producing winger and a third round pick for the #4 overall?

I say do it! 

I wonder who would be named the new GM in Columbus when Howson gets canned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Yes, lets trade the player that led the Bruins in scoring in the playoff.  We certainly do not need players that step up in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Excuse me  K435 but why would you ewant to trade a 21 years old kid , drafted 5th overall , 6'4'' 225lbs , a talented power forward that will be at his peak in 2-3 years from now and should score between 40-50 goals if he plays with Tyler Seguin .....???????????????????????????????????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Excuse me  K435 but why would you ewant to trade a 21 years old kid , drafted 5th overall , 6'4'' 225lbs , a talented power forward that will be at his peak in 2-3 years from now and should score between 40-50 goals if he plays with Tyler Seguin .....???????????????????????????????????
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Wait..40-50 for Wheeler, I thought you were guaranteeing that he scores at least 50 every year?

I can't see the Bruins or the Jackets wanting to do this deal...I think Wheeler will be gone, I just don't now how it's going to happen, but Wideman did play really well in the playoffs and the B's will want to wait and see what he does this season.  If the B's are going to trade several roster players for picks only and no players coming back they are saying they don't want to win this year.  I'm not sure Chara and Bergeron would be too anxious to sign extensions if that was the case.  I would love for the B's to move up but I can't see #4th overall coming for that type of package.  The Hawks could easily offer up Sharp and Versteeg for that pick which would be much better than Wideman and Wheeler, and if they wanted a Dman that badly they could trade one of those two for a pretty good Dman.

If the B's want a puck moving Dman there will still be 2 or 3 available at #15 and it doesn't cost them anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I would trade 15 and Wheeler to pick Nino for sure

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

It would actually be great if the Blue Jackets' GM was dumb enough to accept any of the suggested deals on this thread, but why would the Bruins waste the #4 pick on Fowler if Connolly was still available ?

40-50 goals ????

Stanley, who are you talking about ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The more likely trade that gets the job done for both sides would be trading the #15 pick and Marc Savard to draft Brett Connolly in the #4 spot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

He's talking about Wheeler, he's in love

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For reference:

In '04, Columbus traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #46.

In '02, Tampa traded the #4 pick for Ruslan Fedotenko (at the time he was viewed as an upcoming second line winger), pick #34 and pick #52.

In '00, desperate for goaltending, Tampa traded the #5 pick along with a 4th and 7th for Kevin Weekes, Kristian Kudroc and a 2nd round pick the following year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

For reference: In '04, Columbus traded the #4 pick for the #8 and #46. In '02, Tampa traded the #4 pick for Ruslan Fedotenko (at the time he was viewed as an upcoming second line winger), pick #34 and pick #52. In '00, desperate for goaltending, Tampa traded the #5 pick along with a 4th and 7th for Kevin Weekes, Kristian Kudroc and a 2nd round pick the following year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Now, you are talkin'...

So trading up to the #4 pick should really be quite doable for the Black and Gold...

That being the case, why wouldn't the Bruins pick up a scoring winger like Brett Connolly in the fourth spot since that is the team's current greatest area of need...

Next to a new head coach, that is...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Wheelers not 21....he is in essence 24 in this NHL season.. hes also not 225, he bulked up to 215 and played like crap.  5th overall 6 years ago means nothing at this point, it does not make hime a prodigy, nor the next gretkzy, we traded a more talented 5th overall pick last season who was actually living up to his billing..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

derrickmorin....check my previous messages I said Wheel will score 350 goals in the next 10 years ...with a season of 50 goals ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman and Wheeler for #4 : Wheelers not 21....he is in essence 24 in this NHL season.. hes also not 225, he bulked up to 215 and played like crap.  5th overall 6 years ago means nothing at this point, it does not make hime a prodigy, nor the next gretkzy, we traded a more talented 5th overall pick last season who was actually living up to his billing..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Stanley is in love...

Give him a break !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Let's say one of these got accepted. Chara/Boychuk* Stuart*/Ference Hunwick/McQuaid *not under contract That should be good enough to secure another top five pick in next year's draft, not taking into account what Toronto does.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Umm, what, does Dennis Seidenberg not make the team?

Sections
Shortcuts